Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 78 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,549
Points 51,315
Ginny replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:02 AM | Locked

Well, I don't know what is going on today, but I haven't gotten any emails coming thru since about 4 a.m.  I can get on QCA and send a message, but it doesn't show up on my email at all.  Will this site EVER run properly again?    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:43 AM | Locked

Mimi:

I was seeing that today too Donna B.  I noticed mostly on the Did you work on your quilt today? thread.  Also I'm not getting any emails which is unusual.  I'm seeing that all the messages that have 0 points attached to them are not being sent.  Any with the regular 5 points are coming through. 

This is what I finished today.  My group, Jo's Little Women, is meeting tonight.  This was a study in indigo and cheddar.  The smaller light squares are 1 inch.  Jo calls in Four Square.

Darlene - sounds like a wonderful dream to have.  And I can see Nana's face just as you described it. LOL

Mimi, this is just beautiful. What is the over all size of this? Your work never fails to inspire me.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Sukochi:
What is the over all size of this?

In this club we are making smaller quilts but this one is bigger than the one I brought to retreat and never quilted.  LOL  I also changed it a little because I wanted a resting place before the border.  It's 29 x 33 inches.  Next month is a sweet little one with 1 1/4 inch squares and HST's called Blueberry Muffins.  Stay tuned for the next installment. : )

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 1:17 PM | Locked

Nana

I am looking forward to seeing you in Oregon but I won't be doing dishes with you lol

Larry is slowly on the mend final result he had "Q" fever-only 100 people across Canada had it last year.Hails from prego sheep and goats mainly so not sure where he came in contact but slowly getting stronger lost over 20 lbs in 4 weeks but I think I found them -they latched on to me .

Darlene(2manyhorses) 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 1:22 PM | Locked

Oh Mimi you are a brute for punishment.Tiny squares are bad but HST's you will be losing your mind.lol

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,840
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:41 PM | Locked

Mimi:
My group, Jo's Little Women, is meeting tonight.  This was a study in indigo and cheddar.  The smaller light squares are 1 inch.  Jo calls in Four Square.

Mimi, I LOVE this quilt. Really wonderful choice of fabrics. I am missing so many posts as I've always relied on getting email notices of new postings. Plus every time I post something I get that blue problem bar but it always appears on QCA anyway.

I checked the QCA facebook page thinking they might have posted something about the problems (which they promised to do). Nothing mentioned. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

Mimi this quilt is pretty.  You did a nice job on it.  I guess it feel great to finish something.  I wouldn't know. ha  Thanks for showing us the quilt.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:49 PM | Locked

Jen this is lovely.  I really like the quilting.  Do you have a long arm or did you hand quilt?

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 5:17 PM | Locked

Hi Mimi and everyone.  We are back from Lancaster and Mimi is right the Noah show at Sight & Sound was soooooo good.  Our DGS loved it and so did our friends.  We have seen several of the different shows and they are all good.  I did make it to the Old Country Store and blew the budget.   In fact I thought about it and went back this am and bought my Mailbox Surprise gift for Dec.  I wanted to be prepared.  I bought a kit to make a Spotted Hen & chick wall hanging too, now to see if I ever get it done.  You are right about the prices at the Country Store.  They were better than what I have been paying and also better fabric.  We were looking at signs for the knife shop but didn't find it.  Maybe next trip as we had to get back home today to beat that rush hour traffic around the Beltway.  I enjoyed the entire trip except the hotel.  We stayed at a Super 8 and it was very old but the problem was it wasn't really clean.  I can't sleep when a room isn't clean.  My DH was trying to save money and that one was cheaper.  Next time I will book the room. ha 

Mimi maybe if I know ahead of time and you want we could meet up in Lancaster.  It is only about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. drive for us.  Depending how many times I need to stop.:)

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Joyce:
Mimi maybe if I know ahead of time and you want we could meet up in Lancaster.

Oh I would love to meet you in Lancaster.  That is a favorite destination for me.  I love the outlets and the fabric shops and the quilt shops and the yarn shops and the Amish market and the......well you get the idea.  Summer seems to fly by too fast for me to do much more than clean but just say the word and I'll gas up the car and meet you wherever you want in the Lancaster area.  So glad you had a great time at Sight and Sound.  They do wonderful shows.  Have you ever eaten at Shady Maple Smorgasbord in East Earl (Lancaster co.) ?  Oh my, you don't have to eat again for days.  And they have a country store below the restaurant that sells every thing you could possibly want for your home as well as a privately run Mennonite quilt shop. Oh I'm going on and on.  Now you have me wanting to go out for the weekend and I can't because family is coming Saturday and DGD #1 will be staying until the following Thursday.   Gonna teach her to sew on a machine this time.  Hope I have the patience and she has the attention span.  We'll see.  Let me know when we're gonna meet up, Joyce.  I'm looking forward to it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 440
Points 8,895
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:51 AM | Locked

Joyce:

Jen this is lovely.  I really like the quilting.  Do you have a long arm or did you hand quilt?

Joyce

Thank you Joyce...I hand quilted it...I don't have a long arm......yet!......lol......but am aching to learn!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:34 AM | Locked

I'm hoping for a trip to the LQS this morning and a day of sewing which has been impossible this week as I have had 3 of the grandsons here all week (14, 9 and 8).  They fight constantly as the littler ones irritate the 14 year (their cousin who is an only child) by following him and getting into all of his stuff.  I've been a referee all week and that's been a full-time job.  Then they all have TaeKwonDo (at different times, naturally) which has kept me on the go.  They also take over my computer (I have two working ones in the house) and they all want to play on them, so my chances of using any have been restricted to when I finally convince them that outside is the place to be.

Today, I only have the 14 year old over here, as they other two's Dad will be picking them up and taking them to Sacramento for his 5 weeks of summer vacation.  That, of course, will mean they'll need lot's of retraining when they get back.

Now to quit rambling, my plan is to begin work on the Jewel Box quilt, putting to use some of the multitude of batiks I have on hand, but I need to go and buy some true black fabric.  My second project is to finish loading MQ6 on the frame and begin the quilting on that.  I need to purchase some batting for it, hence the trip to the LQS, black fabric and batting.  

I haven't really used my FW yet, so I plan to use it to piece the Jewel Box to make sure she is working great before I take her to the Oregon Retreat, but of course, that means taking down one of my other machines as I don't have table space to keep another set up right now.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,840
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

For anyone who doesn't know, QCA is on Facebook. They have said they'll try to post updates on Facebook when the QCA site goes down or has problems. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

Ginny I know what you mean but I am probably too old and unskilled so USA wouldn't want to keep me!!

We have the godchildren tomorrow so major clearup required. Note to self move Swarovski Pluto from tv stand! It's a longstanding "date" little one's 3rd birthday and their Mum and Dad's 10th wedding anniversary today so they want a bit of a date night tomorrow. K and Fin will stop overnight! Only drawback is I have my summer concert on Sunday and DH is off to watch our rugby team in the quarter final of the cup. Then he has to get back to the concert. It's all go we do nothing for weeks then it all happens at once! Still keeps us on our toes.

I actually made it to quilt class last night and cut the squares for Fin's quilt we laid it out and now just need to stitch it. Maybe next week. If I spent less time on here and more time at the sewing machine I might get it done!!

Today it is extremely hot here 34 degrees C far too hot for me nice and cool indoors so that's where I shall stay.

XX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 2:06 PM | Locked

Diana and I have been shop hopping the last 2 days.   We have visited 5 shops so far and have 2 more to do tomorrow.  We have tried really hard to help the economy in Va.   Will post photos after tomorrows run.   We have registered for 2 sewing machines prizes at different shops.   Boy do I need another sewing machine.....I only have about 12 at this point...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Page 78 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use