Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 73 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Patti:
I remember in high school gym class, trying to get over the hurdles in track.  I was concentrating so hard on the jump, that I forgot to put my legs down.   Another time in karate, practicing flying side kick, I was concentrating on the kick and again forgot to put my legs down!  Athletic I am not, but I do try from time to time.

Oh Patti that was great for a really deep belly laugh.  Please just keep your feet and legs down,   Oh  my I'm still laughing very hard.   I not real coordinating either, that probably what made my love for horses so great.  They do all the physical part for me!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:52 PM | Locked

Marie...

Thanks my father was fantastic...but that was not him.  This was shared with me on fb and I just had to give it to QCA.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:08 PM | Locked

Randy... you're spoiling that woman of yours!  Keep up the good work!  

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:37 PM | Locked

Nancy

Wow...gorgeous sideboard.   Tell Randy that I can think of lots of things he could come make for me.  Fabulous job Randy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

Patti

Too funny and really true...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:12 PM | Locked

Hello Everyone ! Im back from our 2 week vacation up to Pennsylvania and New England. We had the best time seeing the sights and visiting family and friends. We left here and went to Mid Georgia to see my DD,DSIL and DGC then drove through Mountains in Ga, NC, Va, WV, into Penn were we spent 2 days visiting Quilt Shops, etc. The area was beautiful and the weather perfect. The prices of fabric at some shops was unbelievable, half of our LQS and it was name brand stuff. I wish I had bought more. The Amish folks were very nice and we saw working farms with women and children plowing the fields  with horses. You could spend a week in Lancaster County alone. We went to Massachusetts and Rhode Island to see my family.  Then up to New Hampshire to see Keepsake Quilting. It was better than I imagined it would be.. It was big and stocked to the hilt with beautiful fabric. I spent and afternoon there and could have stayed longer. We went to North Conway NH where the temp was 59 degrees, we slept with windows open and blankets over us.   The next day we went  sightseeing the White Mtns. on a train and it was 80 degrees, go figure. Also found a beautiful Christmas Shop which was about 10,000 sq feet if not more of every Christmas decor you can imagine We spent 2 hours in there. And of course another Quilt Shop along the way. We spent the Fourth of July in Maine eating Lobsters with our dear friends of 30 years. My DH was so patient with me having to stop at all the Quilt Shops along the way. I did not stop at any in Maine because just seeing the sights was enough. The coast  is just beautiful there. After Maine we headed towards Boston then onto Narragansett Bay and Newport RI to see my cousins . We started home on I95 up to Virginia then went over the back roads through VA, NC and GA stopping at Quilt Shops along the way. We spent a day at My DDs loving on our DGC who are 4 and 2 and you would think they had not seen us for ever. They are the light of our lives. We arrived back in North Florida this afternoon to our 2 Dogs who were very excited to see us. Its good to be back home. Im trying to catch up on every thing going on here at QCA. I did not have my lap top and could not get in to others computers so I have not kept up with  QcA or my e-mail.   Now we need a couple of days to recoup. Hope everyone had a Happy Fourth!!!                  Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:19 PM | Locked

Nancy,

It would look lovely in my house (however the airfare may be the downside to this plan) Randy has done a great job, it is beautiful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Randy is blushing as I'm reading all the nice comments, ladies.  You've made his day!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:23 PM | Locked

Patti:
Is Randy making a door prize for the Oregon retreat?  (Hint, hint.)

You've got him thinking! 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 38,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

Susan, We missed you at the Smokey Mountain retreat but I totally agree with you about Lancaster county.  The prices are wonderful as is the selection.  Did you visit Lapp's and Old Country Store?  They're two of my favorites.  I'll be going to Quilt Odyssey at the end of July in Hershey and plan to go out on Wednesday so I can visit the fabric shops.  I hope you will come north again sometime and you and DH can stay with us.  Then the men can sit at home and we can go to the quilt shops. They are only about a 2 hour drive from where I live.   Glad you had a good time with your DGC.  Our oldest DGD is coming for a visit next week.  I need to get a move on and clean so my DD will not refuse to leave her with us for fear of inhaling too many dust bunnies.  Sounds like you had a great trip.  Maine lobster...fresh caught and cooked...now that's good eating.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 758
Points 11,375
weezee56 replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:58 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
beautiful sideboard

Your DH is so Talented. Good luck getting it where you want it. Don't hurt yourselfs doing it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

Nancy, Randy's sideboard is absolutely gorgeous - fantastic craftsmanship!    I just wish I could get my DH motivated to do WW again...lol!  I'll 2nd Patti's idea of a door prize for the Oregon Coast Retreat!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:32 PM | Locked

Nancy Sideboard is beautiful!  

Ginny thanks so much for words of encouragement I feel like I've never been so tested in my marriage as recently.

I also have been having problems with site either can't log in or can't get to page i want.

Tonight came home started the unending chore of reorganising my fabrics what a mess but found some fabrics i forgot i had.  Starting to get ideas for another quilt.

The meeting went slow I guess its ok for me to say my DH is getting inheritance and that is what the rollercoaster has been about..  I know it should be a good thing... but it has been the slowest process because the financial planner will be rolling it and i'm just so afraid that its like gambling and you could lose it all.  Well its totally up to my DH what he does I have no say in the matter.  I've accepted that fact.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:32 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Excuse me for taking just a moment to showcase DH's talent.  He just finished building this beautiful sideboard for our dining room!

It's made of quarter-sawn oak, and it's HEAVY.  Now he thinks I can help him carry it up the steep deck staircase to the second floor, our main level.  I'm concerned for my back if I try that.  I keep telling him we need to adopt an 18-year-old son.

That is beautiful!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:50 PM | Locked

IS, I am so glad the meeting was about inheritance.  It is probably very good that it is being rolled over to hopefully gain more in the long run.  That is better than having it given outright and having to pay inheritance taxes on it up front.  You are correct in saying that you really have no say in it, but look at it this way, he didn't even have to take you and leave you completely in the dark if he wanted to be that kind of person.  Maybe this all has been weighing on his mind about the right way to handle this all this time.   Give it a little time and I am certain things will relax.   Are you interested in going to Guildcrafters this week?  I have to babysit tomorrow, but any other day would work for me.  Let me know.   Ginny 

Page 73 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use