Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 71 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Patti

Hope you feel better soon.  I have days like that too.  Careful with that rotary cutter.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:47 PM | Locked

Patti:
I am an accident waiting to happen.

Patti, how long has this been going on?  Are you on a new medication?  Be careful, woman!  We want you in one piece at the Oregon retreat!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:56 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Patti, how long has this been going on?  Are you on a new medication?  Be careful, woman!  We want you in one piece at the Oregon retreat

It's my usual clumsy self.   Just a little more so when I get tired.  Remember Gerald Ford? 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:04 AM | Locked

Patti

Please be careful I also have bruises I cannot explain and my balance is not as good as it used to be.  I'm not sure if it is my age or the meds, but I find my self moving slower and being extra careful.  "73" is just a number...RIGHT?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:39 AM | Locked

Well shucks...just lost my thread, must have been because I got to running on and on.

Anyway Sukochi, perhaps this lady has a sick heart and her pain is causing her to be so rude.  Perhaps there is a reason she has not spoken that she must retire.  That could cause one to forget ones usual good manners and thoughtfullness.

I will pray that God will heal her brokeness and give her peace.   Being a business owner is a major investment, not only just money, but time and emotions.  To Be in her business is even harder,  I have seen many fabric/quilt shops fail in my community over the past 2 decades. 

The financial crisis that this country is experiencing is affecting everything and every one.  Our community supported 2 top quality and two discount fabric stores.  I rarely walked in to an empty store.  Then within a year we lost the top end shops and after 2 years we lost the other 2 shops.  We went from 4 to 0.  And this was all before the bottom dropped out.

Now I have 4 good shops within 40 miles, and with the price of  gas I have had to find a buddy to go with, or spend a fortune in gas.  Marge has been a blessing when we would go, it was fun to shop and do lunch and catch up, and now I'm also blessed with a friend from church who is an avid quilter and a new (to me) shop with lots of activities.  Plus a new club with even more activities.  And all are Christian based and do not only for themselves, but donate to those who are in need.

Well Sukochi, guess I just rambled on again.  But it is so nice to be able to share with people one can actually spend time with.  I'm truly blessed.  Perhaps if we unite in pray for this lady, God could turn life around both financially and emotionally.  He can turn a frown into a smile, He just might be waiting on us to ask.

P.S. you paper towel PC is most unusual.  do you actually put a stamp on it and mail it to someone?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

Wow why didn't I have this earlier?

Burned Biscuits - A lesson we all should learn.

When I was a kid, my Mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my Mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed!

All my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my Mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that ugly burned biscuit. He ate every bite of that thing... never made a face nor uttered a word about it!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my Mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said, "Honey, I love burned biscuits every now and then."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Mom put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides, a little burned biscuit never hurt anyone!"

As I've grown older, I've thought about that many times. Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today... that you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!

We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket... keep it in your own."

So, please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burned one will do just fine.
And PLEASE pass this along to someone who has enriched your life--I just did!
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

and please pass the jelly  = :>)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Joni:
Perhaps if we unite in pray for this lady, God could turn life around both financially and emotionally.  He can turn a frown into a smile, He just might be waiting on us to ask.

Joni, count me in.  

Your post about "Biscuits" brought tears to my eyes.  Your father was a wise man, you were lucky to have him.  Thank you and your Dad for the reminder we are all struggling in some way and kindness is one of the ways we can help each other.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

Joni:
Please be careful I also have bruises I cannot explain and my balance is not as good as it used to be.  I'm not sure if it is my age or the meds, but I find my self moving slower and being extra careful.

I know very well how I got this bruise.  I have a few rules about being careful.  For example, I never change direction on a stair way.  I must learn to not leave things on the floor to trip over. 

The older I get, the clumsier I get and the harder it is to hold the camera still.  And to pick up little objects like little nails. 

Coordination has never been one of my strong points.  I remember in high school gym class, trying to get over the hurdles in track.  I was concentrating so hard on the jump, that I forgot to put my legs down.   Another time in karate, practicing flying side kick, I was concentrating on the kick and again forgot to put my legs down!  Athletic I am not, but I do try from time to time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Joni:
perhaps this lady has a sick heart and her pain is causing her to be so rude.  Perhaps there is a reason she has not spoken that she must retire.  That could cause one to forget ones usual good manners and thoughtfullness.

Thanks for this reminder Joni.  We don't know what the other person may be experiencing, but often there is reason to a person's rudeness.  Be it something recent or lifelong.  The best anecdote to rudeness is a kind and caring response. 

I find when I am feeling bitterly towards someone, the best thing I can do is pray for them.   It helps soften my heart and helps me to forgive.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Yep, Joni- 73 is just a number.  At 76, you should see the bruises I am sporting right now.-  I will admit that I fell at my daughters a week ago when I mis-stepped going up a stone step. I landed completely turned around from the direction I was heading and with a bicycle and a large planter laying aside my head, ready to fall on me.  Had to yell and yell for my daughter, who couldn't find me when she looked out the door, because she didn't expect me to be on the ground.  I am on Coumadin so that made for great bruises. 

My friend got quite a few looks when we were riding on his motorcycle up north over the Fourth weekend. Guess some people thought maybe he had caused them.   LOL   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Patti:

Joni:
perhaps this lady has a sick heart and her pain is causing her to be so rude.  Perhaps there is a reason she has not spoken that she must retire.  That could cause one to forget ones usual good manners and thoughtfullness.

Thanks for this reminder Joni.  We don't know what the other person may be experiencing, but often there is reason to a person's rudeness.  Be it something recent or lifelong.  The best anecdote to rudeness is a kind and caring response. 

I find when I am feeling bitterly towards someone, the best thing I can do is pray for them.   It helps soften my heart and helps me to forgive.

I might have sounded more harsher then I intended. Gee, that hasn't happened before, huh? She is retiring because "they want to travel. This shop takes her time 24/7. And I know that. But, word is that when she had her shop in Florida she closed because she was loosing so many customers due to her attitude. And, several people here have said that were treated so harshly by her that they quit shopping there. She does have problems in her life. Raising her granddaughter. Don't know the story there. I do feel bad for her and have prayed for her. But, that being said, if you are running a public based business, you must make your customers feel welcome and go that extra mile to keep them coming back. Sad to say, but you must leave your own problems at the door when you open your store.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

Patti:

I am an accident waiting to happen.  I bump into things, if there is anything around I can get scratched by, I will find it.  And I fall.  Cleaning out the closet and tripped on something and got lots of bruises and a swollen and bruised right thigh.  Big bruise.  But as long as I don't have to depend on physically changing position, I think I am safe.  So I can use my rotary cutter, but I better not walk with it. 

So just bruises and sore spots.  But one of these days, something is going to break.

All this talk about falling. At church, yesterday, I was talking to one of our friends. She had fallen last week. We talked about how when you start to fall, you just know "this is gonna hurt!.  How we put out our hands, we thought to protect our face, maybe. It is a scary feeling. I fell in our woods once, tripped over a log. Sent me flying backwards and I hit a tree full bore with my back, knocked the breath out of me. I don't go into the woods anymore. Scared of snakes and roots!!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

I have a few bruises right now, which is very unusal for me.  However, I fully know where they came from.  I have a small one (dime size) on my thigh from the corner ot the metal bleacher bench.  Dang thing jumped out and bit me.

But the bad series is on my upper arm.  It looks like someone grabbed me.  But, it was from the football.  I was playing catch with my son and took one pass point first right into the side of my little bicep.  About two tosses later, I took the laces square on the same spot.  I even told him that it was gonna leave a mark.  Sure did...Ugly, purple and yellow...darn it!  But I wouldn't trade my time with my son for anything.  I would glady take more bruises just to be able to do that more often than once a week before his games to help him warm up.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Like my mother, I bruise very easily, I seem to be very thin skinned and am always full of scrapes also.  When I trim the roses, I look like I've been in a bad accident.  They are not caused by blood thinners, which is what everyone always asks, because I don't take any blood thinners.  It seems to have come with age as I didn't have this problem when I was younger.    The problem seems to be mostly on my hands and arms as I don't notice scrapes or bruises on my legs that are as unsightly.  I have though, become more clumsy.  I fell off a ladder (missed the last wrung) and landed on the back of my head, resulting in a concussion a couple of years ago.  I now try to avoid ladders.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,656
Points 37,385
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:50 PM | Locked

Went to show yesterday.  Then came home and put up pool.  Today in a couple hrs have meeting with DH anxiety is mounting hopefully all will go well.  DH misplaced his cell phone today and i've been looking for it along with working on my new cell phone.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 71 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use