Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 67 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Pretty flowers, Donna.  Thanks!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:52 PM | Locked

Marie:
Couldn't think of the name for it, thanks!

The pigs are made out of fondant.  TOOOO cute

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

Marie

The piggies could be made from fondant.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Pretty flowers, Donna.  Thanks!

Thanks MNnancy,  Very quiet this evening in wildfire country...No fireworks allowed, thank God!

I've been browsing and just found a new website with great quilt pictures called "24 Blocks".  I thought this was an extraordinary "silk tie memorial quilt" and thought I would share with all of you.  It's not mine, just worthy of much praise and admiration:

John

The caption with it reads:  "This may be one of the most beautiful tribute quilts made using neckties ever!   We'd like to thank John Hambuch for posting.  It was made by Tina.  He writes, "Tina's Ode to her father. Applique of neckties contributed by all the member of the family....hand quilted (twice, first a 2 inch quilt stitch and after a error was discovered a 1 inch quilt pattern). It took 8 month to finish..."   and "the back side of the quilt has the names and remarks of Tina s family. The very little ones got a hand print...."   This is a real inspiration to see.  It'll mean so much to all the family for generations.  Each one of those ties has a story, too.   Thanks, John and Tina for sharing it with us!"  

You can see why I was so impressed!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:45 PM | Locked

Donna B:
Thanks MNnancy,  Very quiet this evening in wildfire country...No fireworks allowed, thank God!

No fireworks allowed, but somehow, someone has started a wild fire.  Near Chelan, and with these high winds it it going to be a big one.  We saw lots of smoke on our way home from Leavenworth.  Heaviest coming out of the Chelan area, but smoke drifting up into the Methow  Valley where the Methow meets the Columbia. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:53 PM | Locked

Donna

Thanks for sharing the tie quilt pic.  It is gorgeous and is a true keepsake.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:05 AM | Locked

I follow 24 quilts on my FB home page. I have seen some amazing quilts highlighted there.

Yesterday was quiet. After we went to bed, Lily was just barking up a storm. Fireworks everywhere around us. But, not in town due to rain predictions. We were to have terrible thunderstorms. Never happened. Some rain. Looks really dreary today. And very windy. So....

I found a new love! Painting muslin, sandwich and quilt in a decorative manner, and making a post card. I made one and liked it so much, I made two more. Haven't quilted those yet.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:31 AM | Locked

Donna, thanks for posting the necktie quilt, it is absolutely gorgeous!  What a treasure!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:00 AM | Locked

Patti:

Donna B:

No fireworks allowed, but somehow, someone has started a wild fire.  Near Chelan, and with these high winds it it going to be a big one.  We saw lots of smoke on our way home from Leavenworth.  Heaviest coming out of the Chelan area, but smoke drifting up into the Methow  Valley where the Methow meets the Columbia. 

Patti, you can't even see the smoke from here so it must be pretty far down valley.  But, we have had very strong winds for the last 48+ hours so it's blowing away from us.

It was probably all those party-goers at the State Park!  That is really a rowdy place on the 4th!!!  We made the mistake of staying there one holiday...never again!

DS#2 just left this morning to hike the Angel's Staircase trail in the Chelan Sawtooth's (the mountain ridge between the Chelan Valley and the Methow Valley) so he will probably see the smoke from there.  (The trailhead is about even with Carlton, up on the ridge.)  I just hope he doesn't see it up too close and personal...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

I'm off to spray hot-pepper juice on my tomato plants!  Something is eating them, so they are getting the cayenne pepper cure this morning...hope it works!

I can hardly breathe near this stuff, so lets hope the bugs don't like the taste either (that's what they say anyway).

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

Pretty flowers, Donna. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

Sukochi your new post cards sound very pretty & interesting.  Please post pics of them when you finish.  Donna that quilt with ties was beautiful. 

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:18 PM | Locked

Marie thank you for posting this cake, it is adorable.  I wonder if the fence/sides are kit kats?  The pigs could be made from marshmallows I think?  Have a great weekend.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:17 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I'm off to spray hot-pepper juice on my tomato plants!  Something is eating them, so they are getting the cayenne pepper cure this morning.

For the first time in the four years that I've been gardening in this home, deer have found my hostas so this evening I was out spraying with "Liquid Fence" which I've been told is an effective deer deterrent.  Phew-ee, it is stinky stuff!  Calley didn't want to go outside to do her business.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Is talk to your husbands doctor about the changes.  My DH was put on one new medication and it changed his personality.  He has always been a nice guy and easy going and all of a sudden he was getting some nasty times.  Finally I went with him to see his doc and told him so when they switched him off of that med he was back to his old self.  Sometimes medications can do funny things to a body.  Don't be afraid to talk to your husband and doctor.   Praying for you.  You have both been thru a lot this year and he could be going thru a stage of grieving after loosing a loved one not long ago.  One of those stages is sometimes anger.  Take care.

Joyce

Page 67 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use