Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 66 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

The last time CC was on she said something about her computer being on the verge of dying and that she might not be able to get on.   I know I miss her too.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:09 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Have we heard from CC lately?  Is she being blocked from the site again?

I think CC is still battling her old computer. I hope she won't mind but here's from a PM I received from her

"I got your snail mail note today AND I succeeded in getting on-line. The sight is even functioning today, unlike the last time I tried to get on.  What a great day! :D"

I'm making a trip to Montana soon and planning to meet up with her. If you don't hear from her before then I'll tell her  you've all been missing her!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Please do...I miss her posts, they always brightened my day.

Today is going to be another scorcher...but there is still work to be done outside, so after the sprinklers are done, I'm going to have to get out there.  Also, a trip to Lowe's is in order as the toilet seat is broken, then the laundry needs to be done (got a load in now, don't dare wait til later as it will be way too hot in the house then).  Then this afternoon, DD2 wants me to run to Costco with her, but she has a hair appt at 11:00 so it will this afternoon in the heat of the day.  She really doesn't want me, she just wants my truck and my money.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Rain, rain go away. We are to be dumped on this week. The whole rest of the week. There WILL be flooding. Our rivers are already full up! Already, Thunder rolling and getting darker by the minute. The power is gonna be off, for sure.

Gonna try a variegated fabric to quilt the table runner. Fall shades of beige. Might just work out well. Almost finished with the place mat binding we did at the retreat. Jim is amazed at the sewing I am getting done since I got home. Us Smokey  Mountain Mama's are stitchin' fools!!

Gotta get going before the lights go OUT!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:23 AM | Locked

I just got a new lap top for my family having fun exploring it but all the apps that are included on it kind of scares me don't want private info out to world.  I'm just amazed though i got it on without having to wait for my nephew or son to help me. I guess i'm learning something about new computers.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:31 AM | Locked

Thanks so much Patti that does sound right  I'm praying we smooth things out.  I'm sure we will, but its gonna take time.  there are no winners in arguments when both get hurt.  Just lately i feel like I lost my best friend.  Time does heel all wounds doesn't it?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:41 AM | Locked

Great job, IS.  Doesn't it feel good to be able to figure it out on your own?   You go girl.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

Good Afternoon Gang,   Today has already been busy.  Took DH to VA hospital for his weekly chemo treatment.  6 down and 2 more to go.  Just got home from that trip since it's about 75 miles away.

Now to see about sewing the binding on a quilt the my longarmer returned to me last night at our guild meeting.   It's the MQ #1 from here.  I'm not sure if it's still on here anymore but it was fun and will soon be finished.  It's been how many years now??  lol

I got DH one of those vaporizer thingys that smokers are using to try to quit smoking.  I wasn't sure if he would try it, but he has started using it.  Here's hoping that he will be able to quilt or at least cut down even more than he has. 

We're having more rain again , and again, and again.  More rain than we know what to do with.  Only thing that is good about it, it keeps our electric rates down a bit because the TVA can produce more  hydro-electric power. 

That's it for now.  Have a Happy and Safe Independence Day.

Also, Thank You to all our veterans and their families for their sacrifices for our freedoms.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

QCA member Melody posted this on Facebook.  I'm reposting here in case CC needs new ideas for her kids' birthday cakes.  So funny!

So so cute Nancy!  Do you know what the little piggies are made of?  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 4:49 PM | Locked

Marie, I'd bet these porkers are made of Marzipan.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

I think you're right Sukochi.  Couldn't think of the name for it, thanks!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:19 AM | Locked

morning everyone!  I had such a good nite sleep,  must be because of the new family gifts being all set up now i just can enjoy having the new gadgets.  That chocalate pie looks much too sweet for me but i'm sure the kids will love it.  I'm gonna work on my quilt and have a barbecue today.  Happy 4th.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 8:13 AM | Locked

Yay! Is. Things seems to be happier at your house today. Keep up that positive attitude.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Happy 4th everyone!  I have a problem that I am hoping someone here can help me with, since my email to Admin has apparently (as usual) gone to LaLaLand.  

I had started a Blog-post last week and very carefully  clicked the "Save but do not Publish" button before ending for the day.  I tried this once before logging off, and it worked fine, so thought I was A-OK to exit and return later to complete the post and publish it.  However, life happened and I didn't get back to it for a few days...which was after last weekend...yes, after the ***infamous*** and very disheartening "Weekend of No QCA"!  

You may have guessed by now, my saved blog-post seems to be missing and I cannot find it!  I am hoping this is just me and I just don't know where to look, but it seems to be nowhere logical on my Blog Dashboard, etc.  Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had this happen to them before?  (I sent my email to Admin on Monday the 1st, but again...no response to date.)

I hate to think I have to start all over again on that post, but...  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 1:55 PM | Locked

I thought some Happy 4th of July flower pictures were in order today, so here are my contributions:

These are my "black" hollyhocks (really a very dark purple) and echinacea  outside my sewing room window.  They're peaking out of the deer fence. The hollyhocks will not be around long because the deer LOVE them!  The echinacea are very deer resistant, ie the deer don't like them at all!

Here's our front garden taking a deep sigh now that the heat has let up a little today.  A very pleasant 75 degrees this morning!  We'll be in the mid-80's by afternoon, but that is a big relief from what it has been the last few days.

Winthrop, WA

Page 66 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use