Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 65 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

ls2116:

If qca disappears i guess i do too.  Just prefer it here.  Had another rough night bil back in hospital after being discharged last week.  The ride there and back home was like a rollercoaster with dh.  I feel like i'm being put through a ringer all of a sudden he wants to become a dictator.  I'm just not use to his behavior and not sure what is best for us.  I know I shouldn't talk about this here I just don't know where to turn can't turn to relatives to embarassing.  No I have not had any affair.

Try counseling. See a counselor individually, and marriage counseling. If nothing else, go to your Pastor for counseling.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:51 AM | Locked

Is, a thought just occurred to me.  With his health problems, your DH probably feels like his body has betrayed him and he has lost control of what is happening around him.  So he is desperately trying to regain some control, including trying to control you. 

He has made a difficult time even more difficult for you.   Imagine your arms held out and every stress and problem, was a heavy book.  (and your DH's behavior is a very heavy book).  You can only hold so much by yourself.  Get some support, from your minister, or counselor as Sukochi suggests.   Hopefully your DH will recover physically and emotionally soon.  If your DH is willing, marriage counseling is a good idea as well. If he is not willing, go for yourself. 

and there is always quilting and us.  We care about what happens to you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Thea,

I logged on my computer with the express thoughts of PAYING my membership as it is a June membership.  But I didn't.  I am going to give one more month of "newsletters" and then see what is up.  This is the 3rd time in a row that there was a big problem when the newsletter came out.. Along with the "little"Friday mornings are hit or miss glitch.  I am in the process of making plans to travel and perhaps meet with some of our members, but then this.  My frustration and I think that of most of the members is that we have made GREAT friends here.  i would hate to loose any of you.  I don't mind my e mail being given to any of the members that we know are members and we could keep in touch that way.  Perhaps LOQ should slow down on "new" programs, magazines, etc and first properly manage what they have.

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

QCA member Melody posted this on Facebook.  I'm reposting here in case CC needs new ideas for her kids' birthday cakes.  So funny!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Nancy

I love this cake.  It is really cute and I bet really yummy.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:23 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

QCA member Melody posted this on Facebook.  I'm reposting here in case CC needs new ideas for her kids' birthday cakes.  So funny!

How wonderful, love it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

I love them lil' Boston butts, on that cake. I can just smell the chocolate and BBQ, now!! You betcha, I would eat both at the same time.

Got my table runner ready to quilt....NO quilting thread in the color I need. So, I guess I will just HAVE to go back to the LQS 940% off now), and buy some thread. My DS1 sent my $25.00 for my birthday so I can spend that.

Gonna have buckets of rain, thunder and lightening for the 4th here. I am thinkin' that Ellijay will flood with this storm. The rivers, (we have three), are all full to overflowing, now. So much for the fireworks, parade and cookouts on Thurs.

Gotta get stitchin' on the placemat that Diana made for each of us, who wanted to learn a quick and easy way to do binding.

Have a good evenin'

;D

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:33 PM | Locked

Oh, so cute.   Wish my GGD was here right now, she would want her Mama to make one tonight.  She is 3 and helped her Mama bake cupcakes last night-and frosted them too.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,135
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:43 PM | Locked

Triple digit heat (108) and thunderstorms.  Wind is really howling, but so far no rain, just dry lightening and thunder.  There are 2 wildfires burning now (not close to us) and I'm sure there will be a couple more before this weather pattern is through Nevada.

Did yard work this morning, mowing the lawn before 7 am, watering the garden, and planting some flowers.  Had to quit early because of the heat, but I suppose the wind the undoing much of what we cleaned up.

I guess I'll make dinner and then sit down and sew some.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:31 PM | Locked

love the pigs in the mud cake.  so cute!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:36 PM | Locked

Ginny - will have to share this pigs in the mud cake with my grandsons, ages 7 and 11.  they will be wanting to bake it, they both love to cook and try all kinds of things.  it's great because they always share and bring Grandma & Papa some.  we live around the corner, just down the street from them.  

last weekend, Caiden (7) found a recipe for banana pudding and made a huge bowl.  it was to die for delicious!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 10:51 PM | Locked

You are lucky.  My GGD brought me a cupcake today, along with one for her and she ate them both. LOL  Then she got pretty hyper from all of the sugar.  Oh my!     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 768
Points 11,560
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:02 PM | Locked

ls2116:
If qca disappears i guess i do too.

I feel the same way, I do like this site, I just wish they didn't have so many problems.

Is. Men can be very difficult sometimes. My DH use to have bad mood swings because of his high sugar levels. thank goodness that has straightened out some now. The big D word went throught my mind many times, but my kids were small and I couldn't leave because of them. Now we have been together almost 32 years. We still have our ups and downs, but we kind of meet in the middle. I hope this helps some. You are in my prayers, hang tight.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:32 AM | Locked

Have we heard from CC lately?  Is she being blocked from the site again?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Have we heard from CC lately?  Is she being blocked from the site again?

I was just about to ask the same thing.  I don't think we've heard from CC in a while.  I know I have missed her stories.  

Also, weezee, I saw your comments about high sugars and then "the big D" and, being a type 1 diabetic myself, I immediately thought 'diabetes'.  Glad to hear that you and DH have your various D's under control for the time being.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Page 65 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use