Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 62 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

It is a beautiful picture, but oh so scary looking.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 8:19 PM | Locked

What did I do today?  I haven't a clue...oh yes, got a mamagram, a bone density test, picked up 2- 1400 pounds bales of Freshly cut and round baled winter rye grass. 3 horses in front pasture, my beautiful girls and 3 horses in back pasture.   All 6 horses are pigging out and loving the fresh rye grass.  They stay fat and sassy on that hay. 

I used up all but 6 bales of hay bought last summer for emergencies...didn't need it much so set my goal to finish using them by end of month.  I'll be getting 100 bales of hay by the end of summer, it will be mixed crabgrass, millet and rye and of course bermuda.  And also getting 10 round bales of Hay from my dear friend Jim.

Oh, and the vet came to pull Coggins on my horses, give shots and West Nile vaccine.  Dogs all got their rabies shots so now we are good to go.

Hopefully will be down to 2 of my horses and 2 of my friends by end of summer.  Even more hopefully my friend will be back on her feet and able to move her horses to greener pastures.

Picked up food coop goodies and finally got back home around 7 PM.  Got 8 avocodos, juices, candy, Fritos, yogurt and much more.  I'm exhausted it is nine fifteen and I'm ready to hit the pillows.  Talk at y'all tomorrow.  God Bless you and stay safe, me except for church Sunday I'm staying home and playing with my lovelies.

Have an awesome 4th of July...wow can you believe...July?  Tomorrow I will be 73, who woulda thunk this gal would live this long.  God has his reasons for my long life, maybe He will tell me soon what He wants of me.  I love you Lord!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:43 PM | Locked

Joni:
Have an awesome 4th of July...wow can you believe...July?  Tomorrow I will be 73, who woulda thunk this gal would live this long.  God has his reasons for my long life, maybe He will tell me soon what He wants of me.  I love you Lord!

happy birthday Joni.  I feel cheerful after reading your post.  God is good.  All the time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Gee, I mentioned to DH that tonight might be a good night to sleep outside.  He just about has everything set up.  First warm day in a while, leading up to a very hot week. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,626
Points 36,875
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:52 PM | Locked

DH at band practise again.  Wanted to thank everyone for the caring thoughts.  I'm thinking this yr my tomatoes are going to drown , way too much rain around here.  

Love the pic of the creative sewing machine with all the buttons.  Also the clematis is beautiful mine still haven't bloomed.  

I don't really care for hand quilting i'm finding out because i'm way too slow.

I took a old sew mor machine into shop to see if its worth fixing up what is your oppinion?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,467
Points 49,955
Ginny replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

Good thing you aren't sleeping out at my house tonight.  You would be taking your shower as you slept. We have had a lot of rain the last 2 or 3 days- a lot of rain.   Enjoy your night out under the stars.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Stayed inside virtually all day.  It was 107 today, but now thunder clouds have rolled in and the wind has picked up.  Hasn't cooled it down a bit, though, and if we get any rain out of these thunderstorms it will be a miracle.  The dust is blowing so I'm hoping I'm wrong about the rain.  Did go out a few minutes ago and watered the garden.

I finished pressing and trimming my HST's for the swap and maybe now I can start a new project.  Still have to finish loading and quilting MQ6 on the frame.  Loaded the backing, but that is as far as I got since I had the DGS's all week.

Still debating whether I will have my annual 4th of July BBQ...it's going to be so hot and I'm not sure I feel up to it this year.  No one else, however, has volunteered to take it over so don't know what we'll do if I don't have it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,904
gini replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:38 AM | Locked

Happy birthday, Joni.  I hope you have many,many more.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Karla:
Still debating whether I will have my annual 4th of July BBQ...it's going to be so hot and

That heat wave must extend throughout the whole west.  We're headed up to Alaska soon, and I see the temps have been at 90 degrees there.  I hope there's a break soon.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 12,375
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, Joni!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

Happy birthday, Joni!  You have 3 years to catch up to me so keep on trucking!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

Yes, the heatwave is quite extensive, predicting about 102 today, but that's what they said yesterday too and it was decidedly hotter, although once it gets up into the triple digits you really can't tell the difference.  Just glad I'm not down in Southern Nevada, Death Valley or Phoenix area where they are predicting temps to almost 130.

Hope it cools down a little for your trip to Alaska.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday, Joni.  Hope you have a great day and get a chance to get some sewing in.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 11:02 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday Joni, With everything you listed out, there would be no way someone would think you were 73. Have a wonderful day and a great weekend!!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 12,685
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:55 PM | Locked

I didn't do that kind of physical activity when I was 37!  You are awesome, Joni.  Happy birthday!

Page 62 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use