Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 60 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Still trying to get plants in the groundg, cuttings started and mulch in flower beds.  Work 5-10 minutes, rest 40-50 minutes.  Having heart problems sucks.  I'm used to doing everything and enjoying every moment. 

So glad my roses are in and blooming, at least I can enjoy them.  Lovely to lookk at and wonderful to breathe in their scents.  And the gardenias are in full riot.  got about 20 cuttings to get in their places today.

Obviously any sewing is not on my to do list for this week.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:24 AM | Locked

Just had to share this one...http://www.quiltedcupcake.net/2010/08/few-folks-have-requested-that-i-re-post.html  - guess an old machine that didn't work would be okay, but no place to display this in my sewing room!

got this in my email with board on Pinterest, does anyone follow it?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

Joni, I'll keep praying for you.  Have you been able to get back on your horses yet?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:58 AM | Locked

Debbie:

wow Debbie.  My eyes would get tired sewing on something like this.  I'd lose track of which was the machine and which was the fabric.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:03 AM | Locked

A few hours of paperwork only at work today.  Going to hide in the office so no one sees me.  This afternoon the "fire wise" people will come to inspect our place and tell us what more to do to prepare for wild fire.  Over the years we have done a pretty good job, but there is much left to do.  If our log house ever burns down, we will build with stone some other nonflammable material.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

IS, Just take things easy.  Both of you have been going thru a lot with DH father's illness and passing.  You can't expect either yourself nor your DH to be able to jump right back on the bandwagon as if nothing had happened.  As you are now finding out by this unexpected uneasiness with your relationship.   Please don't jump into the D word.  It's not fun and there are many regrets afterward if you do.. Work on your relationship very hard.   Good luck and God Bless.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:28 AM | Locked

Is, my thoughts and prayers are with you and hubby.  My hubby and I had some rough times but we stuck it out and it got better each time.  We made it to our 50th anniversary and a few months later he passed.  I really miss him after almost 5 years being gone, he was an incredible man, husband and father.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:34 AM | Locked

Joni:
So glad my roses are in and blooming, at least I can enjoy them.  Lovely to lookk at and wonderful to breathe in their scents.  And the gardenias are in full riot. 

Joni, I can almost smell there scent!  Pictures would be nice.  I'm adding a pic of my Clematis.  

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 7,625
Julienne replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

Debbie:

ls2116:

I'm thinking I need a vacation.  Just need to take a break and catch my breath,  been meditating alot in my backyard and enjoying the outdoors.  Trying to catch up on my weeding in garden, during garage sale i neglected it.  

I don't know if i'm going through something or what been at odds with DH.

Is.2116 - yes, you both probably need a nice vacation where it can just be the two of you, without everyday problems, and take time to reconnect, talk about what each wants and where you are at with one another.  especially if ya'll have been through a crisis together.  didn't someone say DH lost his father?  may be that he is thinking alot about your future so reconnect and spend some quality time together.  Just the two of you, leave rest of LIFE out.  

ls2116:
I hope were not looking at the big D after 35 yrs of marriage.
 If you don't want this, fight for your marriage!   Sorry if I sound harsh, but that statement makes me think you've given up and aren't willing to fight, sometimes you have to fight with him to keep him.  they say make-up sex is GREAT!  

and yes, I'm married - almost 41 years and we fight, but also have learned to never both say D word at same time (it hasn't been mentioned in about 20 years) and to talk out our problems.  actually, decided Divorce was never an option, may kill him but D would end up costing too much!  And we are both the only ones on each side of our families who have stayed together.  Bros and sis have all been divorced - 2 of my bros 2-3 times each, his sis once after 35 years and wondered why she waited so long.  

I hope you don't take anything I said as mean, I'm just expressing my humble opinion, take it for what it is worth to you.  I'll be praying for you both.  

Do what you can to save it before it gets out of hand. I was married to the love of my life for 20 years, or so I thought. He had mistresses on the side, was abusive when he wanted to be and he was not one for communication. We battled through the rough waters until I became disabled and was no longer the bread winner of the family. Then he got another mistress, became abusive again and even though he was there when the Dr's. told him what I had he called them liars and said I was faking.  Then The Big D happened, his choice mot mine, I was desvisated and it was messy as Hell. And I will tell you to this day that I am sorry it happened as it did alot of damage and continues to this day. We have been divorced for 4 years now and every year the damage and pain he tries to cause in my life gets worse. I had to move states just to get away from some of it.   So try to find a way not to give up before things go haywire. I forgave him too much maybe, but I lived by my vows. Not a good idea when you have kids involved I have learned now. But that is a story for another day!

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:40 PM | Locked

Marie, I love  your clematis!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:13 PM | Locked

Marie, love your clematis

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,053
Points 369,262
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:17 PM | Locked

Marie:
 I'm adding a pic of my Clematis.

Very pretty Marie.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:25 PM | Locked

Love your Clemantis!  Such a rich blue!  My Gardenias were started as sticks 2 years ago...now both a blooming faster than I can keep up, should be huge bushes in a couple years.   The roses with the exception of the Blaze were all planted this spring, I lost all my roses from before.  The Blaze I planted 28 years ago, this is the 1st time it has bloomed, I had just dead-headed it before taking the picture.

Blaze

Creeping Charlie

Queen Elizabeth

Gardenias

Just Roses

Don Juan Climbers

I loved going out to take pics, just to smell those awesome gardenias.  My apologies for all the weeds and grass,  I'm working on that a little bit everyday.  Sorry for the sideways pictures, I rotated them before saving, but something did not work.  Spent most of today cutting grass, feeding horses then my friend and I went looking for a printer. 

I bought a brand new LED 32" TV, for under $200 at the pawn shop.  Boy does it have a beautiful picture,  I'm loving it in my bedroom, the old one was not doing so well, it was not HD and had to use the converter box.  Printer will have to wait.  LOL!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,053
Points 369,262
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:34 PM | Locked

Thanks for the photos Joni. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:37 PM | Locked

Joni, your flowers are beautiful

[Ava, Missouri

Page 60 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use