Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 59 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 9:42 PM | Locked

Patti:

sometimes too much of a good thing, is too much.  I don't think I would like them as much if there were so many of them.

I had to laugh at my DSIL he spread grass seed in his front yard one evening, I came over to babysit the DGKs the next morning and found the yard full of the birds eating all the seeds. He forgot to spread a layer of soil over the seeds. That was one ticked off SIL. lol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:35 PM | Locked

Patti:

Bonita:
But they do love to eat the dog food if the kids forget and leave it out. Then they're like pigeons they're every where

This is a mourning dove.

sometimes too much of a good thing, is too much.  I don't think I would like them as much if there were so many of them.

This looks just like our doves.  When I worked in Reno, we always had a couple that nested in our window alcove behind the steel grates.  We would watch them every spring as they laid their eggs and waited for them to hatch.  Sometimes the father would sit on the eggs to give the mother a rest I guess.  Once we actually saw one of the fledglings take his first flight from our 2nd story alcove.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:55 PM | Locked

Thanks for the offer Bonita but i will give that a miss, I really just wanted a few Hummingbirds for my garden.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,754
Points 38,910
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 4:08 AM | Locked

I survived garage sale.  Made 1200. Both DH and I looked around and said what did we sell.  BIL is out of hospital his coumadin level was out of whack.  I'm hand quilting repair on my clover cross quilt.  Also I'm looking for one of the old floor standing accordian sewing boxes in light oak. Another treasure hunt I call it.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

Great work, Is!  

I am taking deep breaths and trying to calm down.  I placed an online fabric order and I just received it and FIVE different cuts are wrong.  It was real sad.  I was like a little kid on Christmas opening the box and then I felt like I'd gotten a lump of coal.  Oh well.  They say they are going to make it right (if they have the correct fabrics in stock) and I can keep these fabrics.  I suppose if this is the worst of my problems, I've got it pretty good. But seriously, if you work at connecting threads, and your initials are "C.B.", please get your act together!!!  lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well.  

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 1:09 PM | Locked

Oh Carolyn, how sad!  But, on the bright side, you have 5 cuts to add to your stash.

Hopefully, they will have the fabric in stock and get it out to you post haste!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 1:24 PM | Locked

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
I placed an online fabric order and I just received it and FIVE different cuts are wrong.

Carolyn, that happened to me last year with a connecting threads order, all my other orders from them have always been correct.

If I remember correctly, they got the right fabrics out to me pretty quickly. Getting to keep the wrong fabrics is a nice bonus, and now you'll have another fabric package coming in the mail!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 1:42 PM | Locked

Yeah, I've ordered from them in the past as well without problem.  The fabrics that were wrong were all picked by one person, so I really think this particular person was just having a bad day.  lol.  And like I said, if this is the worst of my problems, I'm doing alright.  Now, what to do with that extra 5 yards of fabric that I didn't order and was not expecting... :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

I'm sure you'll think of something, Carol, LOL.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

We now have barn cats.  They just appeared and took up residence.  Orange mama, 2 orange kittens, and one black and white kitten.  None of them friendly, but mama did recognize the sound of food being poured into a dish.  Maybe they will keep the chipmunk population under control.  I hope the haven't gotten bunny. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,754
Points 38,910
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

I'm thinking I need a vacation.  Just need to take a break and catch my breath,  been meditating alot in my backyard and enjoying the outdoors.  Trying to catch up on my weeding in garden, during garage sale i neglected it.  

I don't know if i'm going through something or what been at odds with DH.  Could be depression.  Just not feeling up to par.  I hope were not looking at the big D after 35 yrs of marriage.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 11:06 PM | Locked

ls2116:
I don't know if i'm going through something or what been at odds with DH.

It seems like you two have been through a lot these past few months.  Didn't he lose his father recently?  You both could use some pampering, but when grieving it may be difficult to give and sometimes receive. 

Praying for you Is.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:32 AM | Locked

ls2116:

I'm thinking I need a vacation.  Just need to take a break and catch my breath,  been meditating alot in my backyard and enjoying the outdoors.  Trying to catch up on my weeding in garden, during garage sale i neglected it.  

I don't know if i'm going through something or what been at odds with DH.

Is.2116 - yes, you both probably need a nice vacation where it can just be the two of you, without everyday problems, and take time to reconnect, talk about what each wants and where you are at with one another.  especially if ya'll have been through a crisis together.  didn't someone say DH lost his father?  may be that he is thinking alot about your future so reconnect and spend some quality time together.  Just the two of you, leave rest of LIFE out.  

ls2116:
I hope were not looking at the big D after 35 yrs of marriage.
 If you don't want this, fight for your marriage!   Sorry if I sound harsh, but that statement makes me think you've given up and aren't willing to fight, sometimes you have to fight with him to keep him.  they say make-up sex is GREAT!  

and yes, I'm married - almost 41 years and we fight, but also have learned to never both say D word at same time (it hasn't been mentioned in about 20 years) and to talk out our problems.  actually, decided Divorce was never an option, may kill him but D would end up costing too much!  And we are both the only ones on each side of our families who have stayed together.  Bros and sis have all been divorced - 2 of my bros 2-3 times each, his sis once after 35 years and wondered why she waited so long.  

I hope you don't take anything I said as mean, I'm just expressing my humble opinion, take it for what it is worth to you.  I'll be praying for you both.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:35 AM | Locked

Is2116  

If I am out of line, please let me know but just needed to reply.  felt the urge to say what I did and pray it will be helpful and things will all work out for the best. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:55 AM | Locked

ls2116:

I don't know if i'm going through something or what been at odds with DH.  Could be depression.  Just not feeling up to par.  I hope were not looking at the big D after 35 yrs of marriage.

Hang in there, Is.  As far as I know, a vacation never hurt anyone.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Page 59 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use