Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 57 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

chocake2:
I think I know that girl....  LOL

I did think of you, CC!  Sounds like Beth fits the category, too.  And maybe Gini?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:52 PM | Locked

Donna B:

I need to share a video link with all of you!  This is from the Spring 2013 QuiltMarket in Portland, Oregon.  (You may need scroll down the page a bit to get to the actual video.)

It's called "The Quiltmaker Shuffle"... looks like they were having a lot of fun!!!

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2013/06/the-quiltmaker-shuffle/

Donna,

I loved this since the girls are at the Smokey Mountain Retreat do you think this is what they are going to be doing first thing in the morning to get them going.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:15 PM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:
What is the tip that you sent in?

I was watching one othe their videos on QNNtv.com and Marianne was explaining how she hand quilts starting in the center and working her way outwards, then having to rethread her needle to work on the other side. My tip was I start in the middle also, but I put two needles on the thread when I first start, it is so much easier to thread two needles at the same time. I guess that is the one they used. I sent in more than one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

DH and I went to 3 estate sales today. I went crazy, 2 of the 3 were quillters dreams. I bought a sewing/embroidery machine. I haven't tried it yet. I will later tonight. We are doing to get a thunderstorm soon with lots of rain, so they say on  TV, and I don't like having my machines pluged in. I also got lots of fabric, 3 books and 2 storage boxs w/ 3 drawers. Now I have to clean off one of my tables to put the new /used machine on. It is a Husqvarna #1+, I hope it works good. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I've wanted an embroidery machine for a long time. A new machine was not in my budget. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Wish me luck.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

Good luck, Weezee!  I'm green with envy.  Debbie-Do in Texas writes about her great luck at estate sales, too, but around here, all I ever find is junk.  Maybe we have too many quilters here in Minnesota and sewing friends make their claims on the fabric and supplies before it ever hits a sale.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

Frances:

Donna B:

I need to share a video link with all of you!  This is from the Spring 2013 QuiltMarket in Portland, Oregon.  (You may need scroll down the page a bit to get to the actual video.)

It's called "The Quiltmaker Shuffle"... looks like they were having a lot of fun!!!

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2013/06/the-quiltmaker-shuffle/

Donna,

I loved this since the girls are at the Smokey Mountain Retreat do you think this is what they are going to be doing first thing in the morning to get them going.

lots of love

Francesxx

Francis, that's a great idea!  I hope they see this.  They can make their own video and post it on U-Tube for us all to enjoy.  Maybe they will come up with some new moves too!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:31 PM | Locked

Nancy, I love your 7 signs. This looks great.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

Donna, that was so much fun!  "Quilters Shuffle" I did it in my chair watching the video.  Quite a sight.  My son and fiance thought I was having some sort of spasms and came to the rescue.  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

Marie:

Donna, that was so much fun!  "Quilters Shuffle" I did it in my chair watching the video.  Quite a sight.  My son and fiance thought I was having some sort of spasms and came to the rescue.  :  )

ROFLOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:19 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Maybe we have too many quilters here in Minnesota and sewing friends make their claims on the fabric and supplies before it ever hits a sale.

My son just got back home from a trip to Minnesota. He attended an antique car show in Minneapolis while he was there. He was gushing about that and all the wonderful information he gathered for redoing his 1946 Chevy panel van. Despite all that excitement on his part he shared that there were quilt shops all over the place quite unlike our neck of the woods. He hasn't forgotten his mama's interests. LOL

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

Agnes:
he shared that there were quilt shops all over the place quite unlike our neck of the woods

Oh yes, I would guess there are at least 100 quilt shops in Minnesota, and 76 of them will be participating in the statewide shop hop Aug. 2-18, so if you can talk your son into another trip to our state, you could come along and get in a little shopping for  fabric and notions.  (There are four small quilt shops within 30 miles of my home.)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:42 AM | Locked

Hope to get some gardenias and other cuttings in the dirt...using old feeder.  Got to get out before the heat starts in too soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 1:38 PM | Locked

Marie,

Wish i could have seen there faces:-)

Girls,

Dont forget to check out the Smokey Mountain Retreat over in Groups its amazing how much they can get done and what trouble they can get into:-))

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 8:16 PM | Locked

Marie:

Lol. That's awesome. You always make me laugh, Marie. :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,436
Points 38,440
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:35 AM | Locked

I would like to rest up from the weekend. However, I have an appointment with my vascular doctor today. I also had an urgent request from a friend in Arizona asking for a new comfort quilt for her pastor husband who is back in hospice again. She said the first quilt I gave him is starting to fall apart because it has to be laundered so frequently. I gave him that quilt 6 years ago when he first got sick. Never thought his illness would come to this.

So when I get home from the doctor today I will continue on with the quilt. I have a box of quilt squares that someone gave me and I'm just putting them together however they will fit until i get the size I need. So if I get stated after my shower I can get quite a lot done before my doctor appt.

Happy quilty week  with God's blessings.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 57 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use