Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 56 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 17,610
weezee56 replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Donna B:
It's called "The Quiltmaker Shuffle"... looks like they were having a lot of fun!!!

That was great.

I got a letter today from Fons & Poter's Love of Quilting. I sent them a tip several months ago and they used it on their television show #2208. So they are going to give me a free 1 year renewal on my magazine subscription. I never get anything free. This is wonderful.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 713
Points 13,970
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:30 PM | Locked

Congratulations, Weezee!  What is the tip that you sent in?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

weezee56 that is great you won a year renewal on your magazine subscription.  I'm like you I never win anything.  Must have been a good tip.  I guess they are difficult to come up with that hasn't already been used.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Donna the quilters shufle was a fun one to watch.  Wonder if I could get the new group I started going to this week to do that one. ha

Joyce

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:49 PM | Locked

Oh, Donna! I love it. They had us doing things called "Pandora's box" and "Camels" during my last dance lesson. I think I'd much rather "shop" and "cut!" Thanks for sharing that!

Crazy day here. DD got dropped off to work and then DH (Who got up on 3 hours of sleep) insisted we go to a garage sale and get there as early as possible because they were selling off everything he could possibly want for his hobby. How could I argue... ?After all, I've drug the man halfway across the state in the pre-dawn hours to be at a quilt show when they open the doors.

He didn't do so hot with his shopping but the rest of us did. I scored a great vintage jacket for DD, and some nice old iron pans for myself. DS1 found himself a wonderful lime green dragon print (3.5 yds) that he had to have for his next quilt (I'd say his $1 was well spent!) Jr got an antique horsehide baseball. (I wonder how long it'll be before Jenni ingests it?) Even Sprout came home with a treasure - a ring full of old un-identified keys!! Best of all, Ds1 got to hang out wiht his best friend from his old school. They haven't seen each other in 2 years, but you wouldn't have known it to see them together today! So, all in all it was a good sale.

Poor Ds1, after all that excitment, his tummy turned to jell-o and he gacked all over the car on the way home. Alas, another virus has found it's way into our midst. :(  I put him to bed, sent his Daddy off to resume his nights sleep and rushed to bake a birthday cake for BM1. Last year, when he came for DD's birthday, she dropped her cake at his feet just as he came in the door. He quipped at the time "You didn't tell me we were having up-side-down cake!" So today he got a pineapple up-side down cake and I made DD promise to serve it to him right side up!

Now the day is winding down adn I am very much looking forward to my nights rest. Peaceful dreams everybody.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

CC your life sounds so adventure filled...I so look forward to reading your posts each day.

I drove to Reno today to attend the Quilt and Sewing Expo and I was very disappointed.  Obviously this was not a quilt show, but rather a gathering of vendors.  The only quilts displayed were those of the vendors who were trying to sell the kits/patterns for the quilts.  I didn't even get to take any pictures, so I have nothing to post to show you.

I watched and drooled over a lot of long arm demonstrations, but since there is no way I could afford one, nor do I have room to put one, I didn't try them myself.  I thought it would be torture to try it and then not be able to get one.

I didn't even see any vendors selling gadgets, but I did buy 4 of the Garden Patch Cat patterns, which I will either turn into 4 wall hangings or maybe order the rest of them online to make a quilt.

Anyway after 3 hours of walking around, I left and went back home to relieve DH of babysitting duty for the 7 year old.  DGS absolutely idolizes his grandpa and ran him ragged with the remote controlled car.  I guess they spent the 3 hours I was gone building ramps and driving the car (really its a truck) in the field out back.  They both were covered in dust when I got home.  DD2 picked him up about 15 minutes after I got home.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

Karla:
I drove to Reno today to attend the Quilt and Sewing Expo and I was very disappointed.

I went to a "Quilt and Sewing Expo" in Minneapolis last fall, and what I liked about it was the 45-minute demonstrations that were free to attend.  It's true that many of them were based on sewing clothing, but I picked up some good tips.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:13 PM | Locked

I guess I got there too late for a lot of the demos, the one I did see was for clothing, too.  There was a lot of nice fabric, with pretty good prices, but I didn't really see any that I just couldn't live without.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Maintaining a 138 year old house is alot of work. Spent all day yesterday ripping out the floor in my living room down to the floor joist,  2 of them were rotted under the stairs so had to replace, now to rebuild the floors today, dust everywhere, so now i know what it was like to live on a dirt floor LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

Leslie :
Spent all day yesterday ripping out the floor in my living room

Wow, Leslie!  I continue to be impressed with your varied talents.  I think you may be a modern-day renaissance woman.  I read this on someone's blog... Does it fit you? Do we have any other renaissance women in our midst? 

7 Signs You May be a Modern-Day Renaissance Woman

1.    You still don’t know what you want to be when you grow upnot because nothing interests you, but because so many things interest you.

2.    You can think of at least three ways to earn a living, and the idea of having to choose one feels suffocating to you.  You love the idea of having multiple streams of income.

3.    You’ve worried you may be a Jack-of-all-Trades, even though you’ve developed a level of mastery in many or even all of your areas of interest, you sometimes doubt your own abilities.

4.    You’ve felt ashamed about your inability to choose one thing, lest you’d appear scattered or unfocused.

5.    You’re a natural multi-tasker.  You’d think nothing of doing one thing from nine to noon, another from one to three, and a third from four to six.  You love variety in your work.

6.    You want more freedom.  You gave up something you enjoyed because your full-time job and personal responsibilities left no room in your life to pursue it.  Yet, it’s always on your mind—a subtle, but ever-present reminder that makes you think it’s not meant to be forgotten.  

7.    You’ve often wondered if have ADD.  In fact you’d almost welcome the diagnosis because it would explain why you can’t pick something.  The trouble is, you really don’t have a problem with focus.  You generally finish what you set out to do.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:14 AM | Locked

Nancy, no none of those really sound like me,  I just didn't want the upstairs to come crashing down on me, while i slept LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:44 AM | Locked

TODAY?

Got more Hostas to plant, Hydrangas to root, roses to root, African Violets to repot, a Broadway Rose to plant, Gardenias to root.

Got the richest Blue, deepest purple and an Asian Hydranga to root.  On the way to take dear friend home saw an awesome Asian Dogwood, with deep green leaves and beautiful flowers in full bloom.  It is one of the loveliest trees in bloom I ever seen.  Got go by an get a picture, there were 2 or 3 of them.  Will look up one the interenet soon as through with this post.  Have much more to do than I have the energy to complete today, but will get some of it done.

Bing:/google    Asian Dogwood tree to se beautiful photos and description of this lovely tree.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 9:07 AM | Locked

Wow Nancy, your post sounds like someone has been spying on me :) It describes me to a tee, my husband is always accusing me of being ADD because I am going in many directions all the time...just isn't enough time in a day nor enough projects to complete :)  I like that it actually has a name to put with the malady LOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

Congrats weezee56! So exciting when they value your input with a nice reward like that!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Gosh, Nancy, I think I know that girl....  LOL

Thought I'd get to rest up a bit today and catch up on the housework I neglect while I am at work, but, alas, no. Dh says that as soon as he wakes up, we have to make another town run. Somedays I really hate to have a vehicle strapped to my butt. This is one of them. 

Daddy is on night shift. Sprout's working on another molar and the moon is coming full. Add it all up and it means no one got any sleep last night. Thank goodness for caffiene!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 56 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use