Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 54 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

I'm back from a camping trip and there's so many pages to catch up.

Gini, Elza is so cute, I'll bet your enjoying her.

Judy, I like that T-Rex pattern you bought, and that shop-hop quilt is wonderful.

Debbie, I hope your back behaves better for you.

CC, you tell that computer how essential he his, no quiting allowed.

I'm sure there was more, my mind has gone blank.

Today's rainy and I'm hoping my kids will be entertained by a movie so I can get a little sewing time in.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:42 AM | Locked

I'm trying to get some sewing in today, too, but DH keeps interrupting me with little jobs that need doing and that he needs my help with...why can't I find him a hobby that doesn't require my help, LOL.

I've put a roast in the crock pot, hoping that dinner will now take care of itself, and I've cut some more pieces to make HST's with, I've got the backing made for MQ6 which still awaits quilting if I can ever find a spare uninterrupted minute to get it actually loaded on the frame.  I need to run to the grocery store as I am out of Diet Pepsi and I can be a real bear when I don't have my caffeine to keep me going (I don't drink coffee).  Shoot, now he needs my help hanging pictures...oh well, maybe I'll get some sewing done, but he better not complain about the mess that is spread out all over cuz' he won't let me get one job finished!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 11:45 AM | Locked

Debbie,

Never feel silly asking for prayers. Some days we just can't take it any more and need God's help.  That is what He is there for and we are here to help you reach out for His tender tough. 

Jan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

Debbie:
Almost feel silly asking for prayers

Debbie, don't ever feel silly asking for prayers from your friends here on QCA!  Surely you've seen what our collective prayers can do.  That being said, my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.  Call your Dr., maybe he'll suggest you have the surgery sooner.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 758
Points 11,375
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 12:53 PM | Locked

Debbie , you are in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Debbie,  you are in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

This evening is the start of the Washington Ornithological Society conference.   As you can see they have already started to congregate.  There are over 20 in the tree already.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 3:55 PM | Locked

Here's some more photos.  Turkeys and robin. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

PAtti, what kind of birds are they?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:22 PM | Locked

We saw a wild turkey ,just standing on the side of the road ,when we drove by. It  looked at us, but just continued to stand there. I love wild tom turkeys. Someone who lives out in the country here, got a great photo for two of those in front of their old barn. I got a copy of it. Love tom turkeys.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
PAtti, what kind of birds are they?

the ones in the tree are turkey vultures.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:17 PM | Locked

Marie:

Debbie, don't ever feel silly asking for prayers from your friends here on QCA!  Surely you've seen what our collective prayers can do.  That being said, my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.  Call your Dr., maybe he'll suggest you have the surgery sooner.  (((((HUGS)))))

Thank you all for the prayers and affirmations, so achy all over from tossing and turning in bed last night.  could not get comfortable.  still in pain tonight, bought a ThermaCare wrap and have been wearing it since noon.  also called dr but earliest appt is Jul 9th. 

On a good note, Lizzie came in and she's a beaut!  her case definitely has seen better days and I'll need to clean her up but she's so cute.  wouldn't you know she gets here when I have to work till 9:00 tonight.  oh, well have all weekend to play.  Oh, yes Lizzie is my 1953 Singer FW I won on eBay.  I'm now an official member of the FW club!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635
Bethiebear replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Mama Vines (a QCA member, and who motivated me to join and learn to quilt) and I proposed a "Happy Retirement" quilt to the members of our team. The agreed and here is what we've been up to.

The white square have alll been personalized with each participant's note, picture or saying.   Hard to see all the 'quilting' techniques and embroidery that Mama Vines did.   What a sentimental way to send someone off to start their next phase in life.  

Sooooo much fun!!   We haven't given it to her yet, but I'm sure it will bring a tear or two.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Looks champagne to my computer!  Nice style and cut also.

Sukochi:

Lost the lemon head look. SO much happier with the color. My camera really does not do it justice, though. I think I have the color setting kinda off. No pink, not more yellow. Just a soft champagne.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:48 PM | Locked

I've been offered some hen and chicks, so I'm going to visit my friend and take her up on the offer.  Hers just keep multiplying, and they are outside in a small garden by her kitchen door.  I have a nice plce for mien by the sunroom door on the east side of the house.  Maybe mine will bloom.  I love succulents in those Mexican pot that have holes in the sides.

Joyce:

Diana the chicks blooms are pretty.  I never knew they bloomed.  I tried growing them in a pot but they didn't make it.  I like the way you have them in the garden.  Maybe I will try them again.

Joyce

Page 54 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use