Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 53 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 5:16 AM | Locked

Good Morning Gang,    I'm up and almost ready to take DH to VA for his weekly chemo treatment. This will be the halfway point.  4 down and 4 to go.  Then I come back home and start cleaning out my car to get it packed up for Sat. trip to Douglas Lake.  Good thing that Douglas Lake is only an hour or so down the road...lol  I've got the MQ #8 ready to go with me.  I've got all the blocks made and now just need to put the top together.  Also bringing a BOM we're doing with our guild.  Need to get those done too.  Can't wait for this retreat.  Lots of old friends and some new ones too. 

Have a great day everyone.   Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:59 AM | Locked

gini:

Elza

Oh Gini, Elza is adorable!  Now you are making me wish for grand babies again!  Lol

Give Elza lots of hugs and kisses from all the virtual aunties, grans...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

Nancy, I love your quilt show on your blog. I will try to post mine. I completely forgot to take pictures of the juried ones as I was simply in awe at the beauty. Now I wish I had some to show.  It was a great show.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Angele, did you find any new notions that you just had to have with the vendors?  I didn't like how they had the vendors scattered in among displays.  In the a.m. when we were enjoying the quilt exhibits, I caught sight of a vendor booth called "Gadgets, gadgets, gadgets."  After lunch, when our group split up to visit the vendors, I could not find that booth again.  Frustrating because I'm just sure they had something I truly needed even though I didn't know it yet.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:32 AM | Locked

Lost the lemon head look. SO much happier with the color. My camera really does not do it justice, though. I think I have the color setting kinda off. No pink, not more yellow. Just a soft champagne.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 7:44 PM | Locked

Went to the gadget place. I got some needles there for appliqué. Most of the gadgets I had or had something similar. How did you like the new rulers, the dark ones that have sizes from 2 1/2 to 10 inches I think.  Looks good but you need space to store them all. The selling point is that they stick to fabric and you don't run the chance of slipping. I will probably get an ergonomic rotary cutter eventually, but for now I will enjoy some paper piecing and see if I'll like that. I thought it would be a good project to take with me. I liked the ideas of the inks to use on fabric, and the cutting table you could rise and lower...not in my budget but I can dream...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

Angele:
and the cutting table you could rise and lower...not in my budget

That was the Martelli cutting table/work station.  I have a friend who bought one, and she loves it, but in my mind it's WAY too expensive.

The price of "Quilt Sticks", too, would certainly add up quickly if you were to buy all their sizes.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:04 AM | Locked

Sukochi, i thought the bombshell blond was nice, but I like the soft champagne even better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

Almost feel silly asking for prayers when so many are hurting with life threatening diseases but I am.  As I have mentioned here before, I have a ruptured disc in my lumbar and stenosis in the one above it so will be having surgery later this year, thinking Aug 29 right now.  well, been having a few more twinges lately and last night it went ballistic - have one spot in my lower left back that feels like someone punched me and left their whole hand inside pressing on the nerves.    Can't hardly move and didn't sleep well at all.  all bent over and need to use the cane but DH is still using it so may have to take the walker to work today.  woke up at one point and needed to go to the restroom but wasn't sure how I was going to get there and it's less than 15 feet from my bed.  luckily I could hold on to the bed post and then the cabinet and door so made it without falling.  Lord, please don't let me fall apart before I retire!  have stuff I still want to do and see.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Debbie, praying for you!  That sounds horrible!  

I have 2 DGD's here.  DD needed a little peace and quiet.  She kept DGS3, as he has his one year old check up today.  I have had the girls since 1 yesterday afternoon.  I had a nasty headache, so I was very glad when DH got home.  The girls were great though, I put in a movie and curled up on the couch and they didn't say a word!  I actually got some sleep.  When DH got home, I went to bed and slept another hour.  Thankfully that helped and the headache was gone.  They picked flowers for me and then we had supper, watered the tomatoes, took bathes and then bedtime!  We have watched another movie and will go to town to Joann's to get some fabric for Secret Santa stuff.  Shhhhhh.....  .....    :-)

Everyone have a blessed day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

I'm not sure what's up for today...I'll probably make more HST's for the swap and maybe get the quilt loaded on the frame.   With luck, I'll have the day to sew as I've had the boys all week and they don't leave time for much of anything else.  But I really do need to clean this house...it's too cluttered and the carpets need cleaning.  I think I need to have a yard sale to get rid of the junk I just don't need anymore, but DH really needs to get rid of stuff and he is worse than I am at keeping stuff he doesn't need.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Debbie,   do not ever feel silly about asking for prayers.  We all need them.   Prayers going up for you for help through this and an angel to hold you.

God Bless,

Sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Debbie

Prayers for you.  I know how horrible back pain can be.  Hope it eases some for you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Debbie, I will pray for you. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:11 AM | Locked

Gini, little Elza is so cute!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 53 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use