Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 50 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 3:58 PM | Locked

Diana, this is a first for me. Sure didn't know those bloomed. Very pretty. I love the way you have them all around those landscape stones.  That is such a great idea. Must try that.

Love the poppies. My mom grew Poppies. I just don't think of them, but it is probably because I never see them for sale anywhere.  Maybe they are right for our zone. Nice of God to palnt them in your yard. He brought us some Lillies.  DH was looking funny at one of his beds this Spring, and finally said "I didn't plant those Lilies". I said "Thanks, God. Nice pick".

BEautiful day here. Sunny and warm....well...HOT! Been just hanging in the house this afternoon since we got in from Church.

Took my blond head to church! Figured everyone would gasp. But, nope, they all said it looked great on me. As we settled down in our seats, I glanced over and saw a guy, who used to do sound for heavy metal bands, just staring at me. DH said "maybe, you are the ghost of some hoochie mama, David used to know.".  I about slapped him right there.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:40 PM | Locked

See what I just bought at a garage sale...it's in rough shape, but I think I can refurbish it....it's a 1907 Singer Treadle...cabinet needs some work definitely, and the machine could use a paint job, but it still works.

I think it was a bargain at $75, although I could be wrong.  I would have walked away from it, but it was a friend of my DD1's who really needed money.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:43 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I forgot to mention earlier, but I love the blond...it's awesome...I did dark brown with blond highlights and red lowlights and DH made some comment about clown hair....guess they just don't get it :) All I care about, is the gray is gone along with about 4 inches of length...great for summer...I am spending my first day in about 15 without babies ...everyone except dd2 and hubby are gone and busy today so we're just having some beef country ribs on the grill..then maybe I'll be able to go finish my table runner :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

Karla,

I think it's a beautiful!!! Really neat that you got the cabinet with it!!! Go over to the page that mimi started today...I too was gifted a golden oldie this weekend and am wondering whether or not it will be worth refurburshing  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 5:08 PM | Locked

Sukochi belated birthday wishes. It was the Queen's official birthday her "real" birthday is 21st  April. On her official birthday a different day each year in June she reviews her troops in a ceremony called Trooping of the Colour it is a huge parade then 1 division of the troops has a new flag( colour) dedicated. It is also on her official birthday that the honours are also announced. Medals to famous people and also ordinary people.

there you go a history lesson.

Therefore you are The Queen!

Xxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Gini Elza is absolutely gorgeous. you are so lucky. 

I had a lovely surprise yesterday went to youngest son and daughter in law for a BBQ ( DIL b'day earlier in the week ) was chatting to one of their friends Nicholas says hey Mum look who's here and there was Mark and Jo ( eldest who got married last month) I was so surprised  I admit I was a bit teary eyed for a moment. So both my boys and DIL's together made my weekend. Today DH and I went to my Dad's house to cut the grass. It was knee deep and very hard to do so we managed about half and will have to go back later in the week to finish it off.

Hope you and yours are all well.

xx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:58 PM | Locked

Gini, Elza is beautiful!  God bless her!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

Karla what a nice thing to do, helped a person in need.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your new treadle if only for that.  Enjoy many hours of sewing with her.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:23 PM | Locked

Karla

I think she is beautiful.   We can only hope to look that good at 106... LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

nancy, thanks for the quilt show. Amazing work done by these quilters.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:16 PM | Locked

That is awesome.    I have my grandmothers  do not know how old it is but it looks like the one you got (better condition)  It is the machine I learned to sew on when we would go to Minnesota in the summer to visit my grandparents.    I do sew on it now and then just because it brings memories and is relaxing.   Would love to see pic after you refirbish it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:20 PM | Locked

Gini, Elza, is a beauty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Karla, great find

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Diana, love your hens and chicks

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:55 PM | Locked

Congratulation Gini,    What an angel,  she is soooo sweet.  Can hardly wait until August when we get our new granddaughter.

God Bless you all.,  Sharon

Page 50 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use