Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 48 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:07 PM | Locked

Happy bday to you, happy bday to you happy bday dear Sukochi, happy bday to you!!! And many more....

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:10 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday, Sukochi

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:49 PM | Locked

Thanks, all of you for the birthday wishes. I had cake and ice cream, got new clothes for the retreat, so I did pretty well on this birthday. Oh, my what a great end to my birthday. On the local news the anchor said "And we wish the Queen a happy birthday!". Surely he was speaking about me.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:51 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Thanks, all of you for the birthday wishes. I had cake and ice cream, got new clothes for the retreat, so I did pretty well on this birthday. Oh, my what a great end to my birthday. On the local news the anchor said "And we wish the Queen a happy birthday!". Surely he was speaking about me.

Does anyone know if it is Queen Elizabeth's birthday? Wait, I don't want to know. Let's just leave it as I AM the Queen.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

Marge,  that was the feeling that I got from your post about him being dropped on his shoulder, that there weren't supposed to be real injuries.  Well, just so he got good care and that his buddies are able to help him.  He must be on real light duty if he can only use 1 arm.  It's good that someone got chewed out royally.

Sounds like your garden is a go on some things and not on others.  I have never had good luck with radishes either.  This year I started marigolds, petunias, coleus, and a special alyssum from seed since my daughter and I didn't get to grow tomatoes.  The poor plants are still in the greenhouse, at least some of them.  My arthritis is acting up badly and planting them is a slow go,    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:18 PM | Locked

Happy birthday Sukochi, love your new do, you blonde bombshell you!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:06 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Sukochi.   DH's birthday was yesterday.  My sister and brother's birthdays are today.  They are 3 years apart and I was born smack in the middle.

I don't have a green thumb at all, but my hens and chicks are in the process of blossoming.  I was wondering how long it was going to take for them to get pot bound so they would blossom.  they are so pretty.

I've got a busy week coming and I'll need a retreat to rest up.  Monday is lunch with a friend, she borrowed some beach fabrics to make a quilt for a friend and is returning what she didn't use.  Tuesday is a/c guy is coming to service unit.  Wed. is DH's chemo.  Thurs. and Friday to finish packing for the retreat.  Did I forget anything?  I hope not.

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

thanks, Diana. Looking forward to seeing you again, next weekend.

How is it that you are able to leave your DH alone? Will he have someone with him while you are at the retreat. I know you are only a phone call away. what is it maybe an hour's drive?

I never knew that Hens and Chickens bloomed. Interesting. We had some and when they got so many in one place, DH dug them up and tossed the in the woods. They were growing in the opening in a strawberry pot, and it was so cute. Will have to try it again.

Interestingly, must of our new plantings, are dying. We have been told that roots on plants here are rotting because of all the rain. Our neighbor up the road usually puts in 60 tomato plants but not this year. He is big for testing soil. And, at 16 inches it is 40% moisture. So, too wet. 

And, they say, due to the rain, snakes are everywhere this Spring, and Summer. We have seen more this year ,then in a 10 years before, that we have lived here. We had to go to 5 places to find some mothballs. Snakes do not like them, and will stay away from where they are. DH puts a whole box close in to the front of the house. Specially, since we had a copperhead right near the bottom fo the front porch steps on the sidewalk last week. I don't even venture outside anymore, unless I just have to go. and, forget me hiking up the drive to get the mail. Nope, not this girl.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  Yup, hens and chicks do blossom.  I'll take pics tomorrow and show ya.  They only blossom when they are in pots and get root bound.  Sometimes it takes a few years but eventually, it happens.     DH is not having any problems with his chemo.  His chemo is not into the bloodstream.  I'll be coming home Tues. night of the retreat to take him Wed. to the VA for his chemo.  Then come back.  He has insomnia and a bit lightheaded but he can take care of himself after his chemo.  

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

Diana:
They only blossom when they are in pots and get root bound. 

Not so - I have seen them bloom planted in a garden bed.   As you said though, it was several years after planting when they got a bit crowded.  I always thought the "bloom" looked like a man's ....  well, we'll wait for Diana's picture.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:57 PM | Locked

Elza

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 170
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:20 AM | Locked

gini:
Elza
Pretty Baby Girl.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:44 AM | Locked

gini:
Elza

Oh how sweet.  She's adorable.  Give her lots of hugs and a couple kisses from Mimi!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Gini,  Elza is a doll.  Beautiful baby, beautiful name.    Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

MNnancy,  I completely agree with you,  mine sometimes bloom in my rock wall crevices where they live and yes they do look like that.  I have a friend that giggles like a school girl when she sees them in bloom.   Ginny

Page 48 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use