Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 47 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,372
Points 37,380
Linda replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:27 AM | Locked

Sukochi - I love your new do and color!  I got so tired of everytime I put color in my hair I looked like a carrot top even when I put in a dark brown. So I quit coloring and now I'm a silver gray. Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Went to psy. therapy yesterday and was told I'm standing much straighter. So the body support is working. When I don't have it on I have to wear a back support. I can feel myself sitting straighter in the computer chair and I haven't fallen out in over 2 weeks. Progress is being made.  The other day Indy and I walked over to City Hall and back (about 1 mile round trip}. My business took about 45 minutes so we got a nice rest there.

Today I'm making wallets, packing up some of the things I'll need for retreat next week. The cleaning lady will be here shortly so I need to stay out of the way....like hide in the sewing room. So I better eat breakfast and get my shower before she gets here.

Have a quilty weekend. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,372
Points 37,380
Linda replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:27 AM | Locked

Sukochi - I love your new do and color!  I got so tired of everytime I put color in my hair I looked like a carrot top even when I put in a dark brown. So I quit coloring and now I'm a silver gray. Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Went to psy. therapy yesterday and was told I'm standing much straighter. So the body support is working. When I don't have it on I have to wear a back support. I can feel myself sitting straighter in the computer chair and I haven't fallen out in over 2 weeks. Progress is being made.  The other day Indy and I walked over to City Hall and back (about 1 mile round trip}. My business took about 45 minutes so we got a nice rest there.

Today I'm making wallets, packing up some of the things I'll need for retreat next week. The cleaning lady will be here shortly so I need to stay out of the way....like hide in the sewing room. So I better eat breakfast and get my shower before she gets here.

Have a quilty weekend. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

YAY, Linda. You stand tall, Girl.

Happy birthday to ME. and, I feel every single year of it.

Think my surgery on esophagus is coming undone. It happens to a few of the people who have it. Have had a real hard time swallowing the past couple days. During the night, a great rush of pure stomach acid into my throat. Burn my throat so bad. Had a gurgle in the esophagus of acid for awhile after. Then took 2 tums and slept with my head propped up. Still have a real burning today.  Can't do anything about it now. Retreat is next Saturday, and couldn/t get in with the surgeon on this short a notice anyway, probably. If it does this again, might be an emergency situation. No time for that! No way I will miss this retreat.

When you reach the lofty age of  63, your body falls apart!

Have a beautiful sunny summer day. Will be hot as hades here today. Great day for hiding in the cool sewing room.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:47 AM | Locked

Happy Birthday Sukochi.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Holy cow 2 of my sons moved back in the other one is 18 still is in school. With the husband I have 4 males the only females are the cat and dog. I maybe spending more time in my camper to get away from it. Seam like they can't do any thing HELP ME

Happy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 454
Points 7,250
Julienne replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

Happy:

Holy cow 2 of my sons moved back in the other one is 18 still is in school. With the husband I have 4 males the only females are the cat and dog. I maybe spending more time in my camper to get away from it. Seam like they can't do any thing HELP ME

I had that problem at one time, way to much testosterone at one time.....I say hide, just hide. LOL And hire a maid. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:08 AM | Locked

Happy B-day Sukochi!

Happy Belated Flag day, Everybody

Happy Father's Day early, Dad's

My Gosh, Lets' just go with Happy Happy Day, and call it good, shall we?

We had to take my car in for some despirately needed tires yesterday. We dropped it off at Sam's and they said "We'll have it for you in about half an hour."  Whoo-Hoo! Quick service!No need to go run other errands while we wait!!  Half an hour later it was "We haven't quite gotten to it yet. It'll be another 30 min..."  OK. That sounds more normal. But, still not enough time to run errands while we wait.  Time past. We returned to pick it up. Nope. "We're working on it, but it's not quite done. Give us another 20 min. " Finally a shop tech came out with our keys and said it was all ready,  and waiting for us in the back lot. YAy! ... Got to the lot and there sits my car, with a fast deflating tire. Yup. Good ol Chocake luck at work. Hubby says I am the only person he knows that can get a flat on a brand new tire in the time it takes to drive it from the service bay to the parkin' area...  The guys got right on fixing it (Improperly installed valve stem), but in the meantime I was stranded in the lot, holding my hubcap... Waving politely at folks who drove past, and trying to keep two little boys out of mischief. I finally started pretending that I was Wonder Woman in cogneto, and the hubcap was my badly disquised shield. Kids thought it was hillarious. The shop manager did not. He put a hussle on the repairs and got us out of there right quick. LOL

Today I am rushing to catch up on everything I didn't get done while i was at work or stuck in the city. The sun is shining and I would so much rather go out and play...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Sukochi, Happy Birthday you sweet young thing!  Just pray to the Lord to not let you get ill until after your retreat, if He thinks that is what you need to keep you humble.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,064
gini replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

Happy birthday sukochi,

happy, it's good to have you back.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:44 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
When you reach the lofty age of  63, your body falls apart!
Happy birthday Sukochi.  If y ou had come into the shop today, we would have given you some fat 8ths as a gift.  Some people fall apart a LOT sooner than 63 so I think you are doing pretty good if you are only starting to fall apart now.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

Ugh - this slow stuff at the shop is the pits.  Got sent home early again today.  I haven't worked a full day all week.  :o(  I hope business picks up soon.  Can't for the life of me figure out why they hired new people when it is so slow.  And we are on our second set of new people.  First ones didn't cut it at the fabric shop. :o)  Actually one left after only a week for a better job close to home.  They second one was politely told her services were no longer needed. 

Ginny - David Jr. is just on light duty at his base - didn't get to come home to heal.   Isn't allowed to move his shoulder for 6 weeks after the surgery.  His buddies have been really good about helping him out.  The really bad part about the whole stinken deal was there weren't supposed to be any fake "casualties" designated on that hike so the accident should have never happened in the first place.  Everyone on the march was interviewed and the guy "in charge" got his butt royally chewed.

I am beginning to think we aren't going to get any radishes out of our little garden.  They have beautiful leaves but the roots aren't developing.  Leaf Lettuce is just about ready to start picking and we have had our first tomato.  It is our first attempt at a raised bed garden and it looks like we may be failures as farmers.  :o( Oh well at least our pots of flowers look great along the sidewalk.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

Oops --- site was so slow with my post that I doubled.  Are they never going to get their act in gear???  That is one reason I haven't been on here.  My hair turns gray just waiting on things

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:53 PM | Locked

Quilt less I'm so sorry. I hate to see people taking advantage of elders.  My parents almost got into a similar situation but my brother got in just in time to send a distant cousin back in her hole after she took advantage of my aunt for quite a long time.  I hope you can get this fixed soon. My heart goes out to you.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:56 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
Happy birthday to ME. and, I feel every single year of it.
                                  Happy Birthday Sukochi!!!      You really dont look your age. Hope you have a wonderful day!     Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:59 PM | Locked

You look great Sukochi! A real BOMBSHELL!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 47 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use