Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 45 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,980
Debbie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

Debbie:
Nana and Karla - we took our five oldest (ages 13, 12, 11, 7 and 3 at the time) all to GA from OK in our RV for a week long trip 4 years ago.  It was fun and frustrating but the memories are priceless.  the 3 yr old is now 7 and he remembers it and wants to do it again.  March 2012 we took both daughters and those 5 grandchildren in the RV to Disney World and GA.  some arguments but lots of fun and memories well never lose.  we did take a couple of nights and spend in hotels, each family had their own room so some relief for 3 nights.  

it's a 28 ft motor home with one bathroom.  used showers wherever we camped at and at my Dad's.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 4:02 PM | Locked

Quiltless I cannot imagine what you must have been through. Families can cause so much heartache. I really hope you can manage to protect what is left for you Mum so she can have the better things in life.x

Well I took my new sewing machine to quilt class tonight and it is an absolute dream I can even sew without the foot pedal, lazy sewing methinks.Today out of the window at work was a perfect rainbow:

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,980
Debbie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 4:06 PM | Locked

Lesley:

Today out of the window at work was a perfect rainbow:

BEAUTIFUL!!  I am so jealous, but then with a view like that might e hard to keep my mind on work.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 4:34 PM | Locked

I'm so glad you are learning and liking your new machine, Lesley.   The rainbow just makes the day all worth it.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

Sounds like great , fun trips with the grands.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:59 PM | Locked

Nana, LOL couldn't be any worse than spending a week with a bunch of crazy women on retreat, at least kids do fall asleep and don't roam around in the middle of the night making mischief.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

Leslie :

Nana, LOL couldn't be any worse than spending a week with a bunch of crazy women on retreat, at least kids do fall asleep and don't roam around in the middle of the night making mischief.

What's this you say? Crazy women roaming halls and making mischief at quilt retreats? Never! It was the gremlins that did it!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:48 PM | Locked

Lesley

Beautiful pic.   Where exactly is this....beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Leslie

I don't know about kids falling asleep and not making mischief.    They were still awake when I went to bed....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:57 PM | Locked

My grandkids (except for the 8 year old who gets up at 5am always) are always still up and horsing around when I go to bed and I'm not really an early to bed person.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

Missed alot here.  getting ready for garage sale now.  My BIL is really sick so were on standby for him now.  Still learning about smartphones don't know if i really need one but they are nice gadget.  Gave nephew his quilt finally and he was thrilled to get it.  The little girl he babysits would like one now.  Hop everyone has been doing ok here.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:26 AM | Locked

Nana it is in Leeds West Yorkshire, if you know where that is!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Question of the day: to fledge or not to fledge.  Siblings left yesterday, but papa blue bird finally coaxed him out about an hour ago.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 1:11 PM | Locked

Lesley:

Nana it is in Leeds West Yorkshire, if you know where that is!

Lesley,

I know where it is i lived there for 6 months some years ago, I love Yorkshire it has the most wonderful people.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

Patti:
o fledge or not to fledge

Patti of all the baby birds we have had over the last 10 years, I have yet to see a one fledge! Guess I am just not looking out at he right time.  We had blue bird house full,a nd I checked in there every day. Till one day I couldn't and low and behold, that is when the fledged. Next day, I looked in to find an empty nest. One of these days though!!

So I have been busy redding myself for the retreat. Check my avatar. I have lost my mind , and it took all my hair color with it!  DH says I am an expensive "Floozy". Excuse me, Sir, but I am a BOMBSHELL!!  The young lady, who charged me a small fortune to do this to me, said so.  I posted a large picture at General Chit Chat in Christmas All Year Long, but it was so terrible. Jim is not great at taking pictures, my hair was all sticky and flat from the rain, and it really looked awful. Today, it looks cute....but DH isn't here to take a picture. I would do it myself, but, my neighbor already accused me of buying a smartphone! He thought I had bought one, and did as kids do now, and taken my own picture. Please, would I do that?  Does a streetwalker work on a corner?? YOU betcha!!

Oh, I forgot to look UP instead of at the camera picture.  Silly me. LOL

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Page 45 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use