Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 43 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

Congrats on the new GD Gini. How wonderful.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 482
Points 9,060
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

Gini...You are so lucky a pretty GD to spoil I am getting another GS in November Girls just don't seem to be in my future.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers for Larry.They have run and rerun tests and still unknown (malaria,lyme disease ,west nile)Today after running a test 3 different times they think there is a bacterial blood infection.He is very weak and still running fevers ,he can't seem to eat or drink .It's funny how family have lots to say about how The care and drs should do this and that ,

Diana hope DH is feeling good through his treatment

Darlene

(2manyhorses)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:03 PM | Locked

Darlene, how awful for Larry.  Are they pumping him full of antibiotics?  I hope he turns the corner soon!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 482
Points 9,060
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:08 PM | Locked

MNnancy

Nancy What is this ?Randy is under the weather now they have been around each other too much.I bet once the yard work is done he will be on the mend

Hope Randy is feeling better

Darlene(2manyhoses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

He said this is the first time he has thrown up in over 20 years.  I hope it's just a 24-48 hour bug.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

Darlene:
I am getting another GS in November Girls just don't seem to be in my future.

Gosh, Darlene know how you feel -  we have 6 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.  

Hope  drs will figure out what it is soon on your DH.  makes you wish for Dr House to come and figure it out, doesn't it? always looks easier on TV, though but know it must be frustrating fo you.  Mine went thru a similar experience,was bleeding internally but couldn't figure out where.  They had given him 14 units of blood and ended up doing exploratory surgery to find an ulcer had ruptured in his duodenum.  lower i his intestine and they might never have found it.   Dr was calling him mystery man, altogether he spent 3 weeks in hospital, 2 of that in ICU and got 21 units of blood.  you only have 7 in your body.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Patti:
Thankfully, we have not had that cold a temps since we have lived here!  (We have had -20F several times in the last 10 years and that is plenty cold for me!)

I can remember when we lived in Great Falls, MT - we would have -20 for weeks, just got used to it and cold didn't bother you.  Boy, am I cold when it gets down to 20-30 degrees now.  I like 50-75s, those are mine kind of temps, nice short sleeve shirt or light jacket. weather.  we have been getting in the high 90s and it has been humid and hot but thankful not like last few years where it was over 100 for 50+ days.  that was unbearable!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:37 PM | Locked

Darlene

I am so sorry for all the problems you and Larry are dealing with.  God bless you both and keep you safe.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:27 PM | Locked

Darlene, really sorry to hear about Larry.  It's especially hard when you don't know what you're dealing with, so how do you treat it.  Sonny had swine flu a couple of years ago and ended up in the hospital and had to use oxygen for a while afterwards.  DD2 and DGS2 also had it and both ended up with pneumonia...your health is nothing to fool with.  Here's hoping that they discover the cause so they implement a cure soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:30 PM | Locked

Darlene and Debbie, I know that feeling too...4 grandsons but nary a granddaughter.  DD1 is expecting in December and I'm praying for a happy and healthy baby girl, but if it's another boy, guess I'll spoil him just like the rest of them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,044
gini replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 11:47 PM | Locked

Darlene, I am sorry to hear what larry and you are going through.  My love and prayers are with you and I hope Larry starts feeling better soon.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,044
gini replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 12:26 AM | Locked

Elza is as perfect as she can be.

i laughed with Sam yesterday.  Our daughter is very private and did not want us to be here when the baby came.   We had to come to Seattle anyway and stayed with friends.   Sam left early this morning for branson, which she knew.   She called and said they were very tired and would I mind helping them out for a few days.  Patience is a virtue I must cultivate more.   I have bombarded them wonderful home cooking, cleaning, laundry and shopping. Both of them hate to shop.   I have been rewarded with hours of  baby holding.   Periodically I disappear into the barn to give them quiet time, but the USIL. Seems very happy for me to help out.

I am once again awestruck and privileged  to watch new parents fall in love with their brand new baby.  USIL is very tender and wonderful with Elza.  This is the first infant he has held and he is a natural.  This is one lucky little girl.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 12,685
Quiltless replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 1:55 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Marie:
Quiltless, so sorry you are going through this with your family

Quiltless, you must have pulled off your telling of this issue (I can't find it anyway), but my thoughts are with you for a smooth resolution.

On a happier note, are you all moved into your new sewing studio?

I did pull the long, detailed version.   I love to chat, but then I get cold feet about having that much info posted out there in cyber space.  I never know how much to say.  The short version is somebody filed a false death certificate on my Mom and cut off her life estate in her oil royalties.  Then the money started to flow to my nephew.  I am trying to get things stabilized and my sister sued me.  Nephew is her son.  Everyone has disowned me because I made a criminal report for financial elder abuse.  Too bad for them!  I'm a nice person just trying to defend my Mom.  More complicated than that, but this is the short version.  

Sewing studio:  It is coming together.  My sewing/embroidery machine and serger are set up.  I made my granddaughter a cloth book.  The family crises is occupying my time.  Nice of you to ask though, Thanks

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:30 AM | Locked

Darlene,  Hope Larry, is on the mend soon

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:32 AM | Locked

Nana, welcome back. sounds like you had a relaxing vacaton

[Ava, Missouri

Page 43 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use