Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 42 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

Quiltless, so sorry you are going through this with your family, SHAME ON THEM!  T & P are with you.  God Bless you for doing right by your mom.  Keep your chin up and know we are here for you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

T&P, Quiltless.

Darlene, How's Hubby? Any test results yet?

Gini & Sam, continued prayers for patients and sanity.

Patti, maybe you can help me out with your botanical knowledge. I have a plant growing in the back yard that I think is probably wild onion, but it might also be a 'death' camas. The pictures/descriptions in my book don't show enough differences for me to tell  what I've got. Do you know a definate method of identification?  It's sure a pretty little thing! It's got a button shaped cluster of white flowers - 6 petals each, with yellow stamins or purple seed pods at the center; thin grass like leaves, maybe 6-8" tall, and smells very onion-y. I'm thinking of taking a sample to the county extension office.

Today DS1 gets his braces. Gonna be a long day... I already need chocolate!

Sprout put in a restless night last night, so we didn't get much sleep. I finally got him settled and the neighbors decided to discuss their differing views, at the top of thier lungs. Jenni added her opinion.  *Groan... *          Thank goodness for caffiene!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

We are bracing ourselves for some "fun" weather today.  DS and his family are in line for some too.  Everyone be safe.  Here is what they are telling us.  

HIGH RISK FOR SEVERE WEATHER ACROSS EASTERN IOWA AND NORTHWEST ILLINOIS THIS AFTERNOON...

INGREDIENTS ARE COMING TOGETHER SUPPORTING A HIGH THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH DAMAGING WINDS... LARGE HAIL AND TORNADOES OVER MUCH OF EASTERN IOWA... WEST CENTRAL AND NORTHWEST ILLINOIS THIS AFTERNOON.

SUPERCELL THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BETWEEN NOON AND 3 PM OVER PORTIONS OF EASTERN IOWA AND NORTHWEST ILLINOIS. THESE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WINDS OVER 70 MPH... LARGE HAIL AND TORNADOES... WITH MOVEMENT TO THE EAST AROUND 40 TO 50 MPH. INDIVIDUAL STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO ORGANIZE INTO A LINE OF STORMS WITH WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WIND AS THEY EXIT EAST ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS FROM MID TO LATE AFTERNOON.

A TORNADO WATCH WILL LIKELY BE ISSUED FOR THE AREA THIS AFTERNOON. WHILE THE THREAT OF SEVERE WEATHER IS NOT IMMINENT... THIS IS A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATION AND YOU SHOULD MAKE PLANS FOR WHERE YOU WILL TAKE SHELTER IF WARNINGS ARE ISSUED.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:24 PM | Locked

Marie:
Quiltless, so sorry you are going through this with your family

Quiltless, you must have pulled off your telling of this issue (I can't find it anyway), but my thoughts are with you for a smooth resolution.

On a happier note, are you all moved into your new sewing studio?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

Dawn:
 HIGH RISK FOR SEVERE WEATHER ACROSS EASTERN IOWA AND NORTHWEST ILLINOIS THIS AFTERNOON.

Stay safe Dawn and everyone else in that area.  We have high winds today on the east coast but the sun keeps peeking in and out of the clouds, rain for tomorrow and Friday.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 4:05 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie, will do.  You have to wonder how right they are, but you can't take the chance they are wrong either.  At least DH is staying home tonight.  :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

Stay safe, Dawn!  The storms are all going south of us.  Today a friend and I purchased annuals and planted all the pots at church, and then I came home to walk the dog and get the lawn mowed.  DH is under the weather (must be feeling empathy for Darlene's Larry), so it's all falling to me.  I guess I won't be sewing today.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:29 PM | Locked

I was going to complain about the weather we're having, but it's just wind about 50 mph, supposed to bring some thunderstorms later, but we'll see.  Anyway, taking the boys to TaeKwonDo now (early class) because they have been here since yesterday and they are getting on grandpa's last nerve.  He's even threatened that they can't come and spend the night here anymore.  They are very destructive boys.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Praying that there is NO terrible weather, no matter what the report indicates. We were supposed to have the same type weather system here in North Georgia. Sun all afternoon. Clear skies now. Better watch what I wish for I guess.

Darlene, I am praying that Larry is much better and that you will be at the retreat.

Quiltless, no sure what the problam is there, but I pray for a good outcome.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:13 PM | Locked

Patti

Beautiful pics of your garden.  Love the hummingbird.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Spud

I am so happy for you that you finished all those quilts.   You rock.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

Gini

Congratulations on the new grand daughter.  Elza is a beautiful name.   Sounds like Amie did great..  Hope things will slow down at least a little for you and Sam soon.   Give Sam a hug for me and tell him I am thinking of him during this transition.   You guys can always come for a visit if you need a break.   We can take you to a lovely camp on the river where cell phones and computers don't work....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,678
Points 65,800
Bonita replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:12 PM | Locked

Congrats Gini on your new granddaughter. Love the name.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

I haven't checked out this site since the weekend and so much has happened on here. 

Gini, congrats on little Elza. Spoil her often.

patti, love your flower garden. I came by the nursery tonight and I wanted to cry because all plants are half off and I can't buy any because my surgery is Friday and I won't be able to care for them and they would all die in this Kansas heat.

Darlene, I am praying that Larry will soon be well. 

Dtiana, hubby is in my prayers as well.

linda, I am sorry that you are feeling poorly. 

Geez, I can't remember what all I have read. I hope I haven't left anyone out. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes for my surgery. Darlene, Iit certainly wasn't my choice to do this all again. The pain was the deciding factor.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:48 PM | Locked

Darlene

I hope that you and Larry get some answers soon.  Prayers going up for a speedy recovery.

Elaine

Prayers for a speedy recovery for you as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 42 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use