Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 40 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Make that apple cart.  The ipad and I have a love-hate relationship.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:02 AM | Locked

You know, Gini, there is always a fight when lots of money is involved. Jim's DB took $16,000. out of mom's account after she died. Jim was executor but DB had the signature on that particular account. Then he went to his lawyer to find out how he could keep it. DB is a millionaire, and he was trying to steal money from his bother, for crying out loud. Mom wanted DB written out of her will, but her attorney told her that we would end up without a dime as DB had the money to fight it to the end. DSIL, when her mom died, took the money her sister was to get and went to a lawyer and had it put in a trust with her the person in charge of it. Her sister was 54 and now there is no sisterly love left.  When my mom died, my younger sister threatened to take me to court if I didn't accept the first offer that came in on mom;s house. Mom had made big sis executrix, and she passed it to me as I lived in same town as mom and sis lived 200 miles away. So, it is par for the course seems like. .

Do y'all have to stay in a hotel in Seatle? How often will you be there? Do you drive all these places? I am not a great traveler and would just have terrible issues with that. Don't mention to Debbie=Do and Michelle that I am not a great traveler. And, that if I ride in the back seat, I get car sick. Yikes!

All have a great day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

DARLENE!

You are in my thoughts and prayers, praying for a full recovery for hubby and peace and strength to see you through.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

gini:
We have a beautiful new granddaughter, 8'14" oz, no name yet. I get to greet her this morning.  Amie was in labor for 36 hours and had to be taken to the hospital, but she delivered naturally.  She and baby are doing fine.

That is a big baby for a natural delivery!  Good for Amie, she deserves a little rest in the hospital after that.  Glad you all are doing fine.  And congratulations to Grandma & Grandpa...

gini:
One  thing we can count on in this crazy life, it doesn't Pay to get complacent, 'cause something will come along to upset the pile cart. Now we will be splitting our time between sandpoint branson and now Seattle.

Yep, life does throw us curve balls every now and then.  We all need little reminders like this that we need to live and appreciate every moment of peace and happiness we have because you never know if it will last.  (I lost a close friend and former co-worker [71 y.o.] in Seattle last week too. A very unexpected death.   For a moment, I wondered...but not one and the same.)  Take care of yourself and Sam, Gini and give that new grandbaby lots of hugs...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,080
Points 16,555
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

Gini, Congrads and the new DGD.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 1:33 PM | Locked

Sukochi, we like to drive.  Itis only 6 hours frame sandpoint to Seattle and we used to do it twice a month.  We have lots of friends in Seattle and at the moment we are couch hopping.  When we start to smell, we move on, to another friend's couch.   Amie has offered the barn for our stays here for the next few months.   

And our new little girl's name is Elza, after my favorite grandmother.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,705
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Gini, how blessed to have a new granddaughter!  So how many quilts does she have so far?  Will we get to see pictures of the baby? 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

Oh Gini,  How wonderful- a new baby girl to add to your brood.  It is good that you will get to see more of her right now, but I feel for Sam having to shoulder all that new responsibility in addition to what he already had going on.  Just roll with the flow and enjoy the new little one.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

Welcome to the world, Little Elza!!  We're all so glad you are here!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 2:17 PM | Locked

Gini, in my world your iPad would be correct. It's definaltely a pile cart most days... piled high with horse apples. LOL

Don'tcha just  love auto-correct? My brother's phone kept substituting " "Vagina" for "Virginia". That lead to some really interesting  travel updates. ...

Baby boy just got his 1 year boosters - 4 shots in those fat little thighs. I feel so bad for him, but he seems Ok . He got a nice fat strawberry sucker from the nurse that harpooned him and that helped. I had to buy myself chocolate to get through it!  Now he won't have to have any more needles stuck into him again for a long time, Thank goodness! The doc was tickled to see him walking, especially since Sprout went right up to him and said "Hi-hi!" like he was greeting a long lost friend. He even gave him pats on his knees - didn't want to be picked up, tho. There were more interesting things to see on his own level, I guess.

Darned it all, I finally got a minute alone witht he computer and my cred. card, and Keepsake Quilting is sold out of the fat quarter bundles already! Rats!! 'Guess that $ was meant to stay in my wallet....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 2:45 PM | Locked

Gini, congratulations on the new grand baby.  Elza is such a sweet name.  She's a big girl already at almost  9 lbs.  My second cousin's wife just had a 9-1/2 lb. baby boy, so I've got another quilt to make.

Give little Elza a kiss for me.   My DD1 is pregnant (due in December), and we are praying that she is able to carry this one to the end.  She miscarried last year and says this is the last time she's trying.  She has a 14 year old son by hubby #1, but this will be the first with hubby #2.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 3:00 PM | Locked

Congrats Gini and Sam on your new granddaughter.  Enjoy her and spoil her.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 3:15 PM | Locked

Gini, huge congratulations on your new GD. Lovely name! Hope you can sort out the troubles that are going on.

Woopee my new sewing machine has arrived. No name as yet but Oh boy it does a lot of things! It's a Pfaff Expression 4.2 am very excited and wish I could stay at home and play and not have to go to work!!

xxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:57 PM | Locked

Elza, what a beautiful name!  Congrats to all, Gini!   (((((HUGS))))).  Share these with that sweet baby.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:59 PM | Locked

Lesley, enjoy your new baby!

Millbury, MA

Page 40 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use