Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 39 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:05 PM | Locked

Linda, I hope you are feeling better soon.  Praying for you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:07 PM | Locked

So pretty, Patti!  You are lucky to be zone 4.  I'm living in 3b.  I have some penstemon, but they are pink and not nearly as pretty as these.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:19 PM | Locked

Patti:

Donna, I do have about 4 or 5 young plants for you.  Are you coming to Omak any time soon?

Not for a couple of weeks...we need to go to Seattle for a memorial service next weekend and I have Bunco at my house the following Thursday...so mucho housekeeping is in my immediate future.  Please keep the plants for me and I will let you know as soon as I can get over your way.  Maybe we can meet for lunch at Rancho Chicos?

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:20 PM | Locked

sounds good Donna.  I'll let you know if I might be in the Methow sooner.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:39 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

So pretty, Patti!  You are lucky to be zone 4.  I'm living in 3b.  I have some penstemon, but they are pink and not nearly as pretty as these.

Nancy, we are deeper into the mountains than Patti and more like zone 3 a-b than 4.  Penstemon do very well here too - on the sunny, drier hillsides, but not the wetter areas.  

BTW, Winthrop has the record for the coldest recorded temperature in Washington State on December 30, 1968... - 48 degrees F.  Thankfully, we have not had that cold a temps since we have lived here!  (We have had -20F several times in the last 10 years and that is plenty cold for me!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:54 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Hallelujah, Spud!  So happy to hear you finished the quilts for all the grands!  Prayer is powerful!

Thank you Nancy, I could not have made it without the prayer of all you wonderful friends!

Bonita:

WTG Spudgrangma, you know they will cherish them.

I sure hope so Bonita. :)

Angele:

Yeah Spud! What a great feeling!  You really have been working hard! I now have two bindings to hand sew and three aprons to make before I go home, to care for my parents.  This Friday my Mom will be 90, and my DS3 24. We will all celebrate when I get there. I think my kids are trying to come for that too.

Thanks Angele, I hope your celebration is wonderful.

Leslie :

Spud wonderful news, your GKs will cherish them

Thanks Leslie, I sure hope they cherish them, they all picked out their own colors.

Patti:

congratulations Spud on getting those quilts done.  God is good.

Thanks Patti, it sure feels good to have them finished.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 12:07 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Spud,  I am so delighted to hear that you accomplished your goal.  God is truly good!       Ginny

Thanks Ginny, Amen God is good
Linda:
Congratulations on your accomplishment, Spud. We are so happy that you are still here with us. We have an awesome God who is so good to us who are so undeserving. But He loves us anyway. Isn't He an amazing God? I have first hand experience how amazing He is.
   God is amazing Linda and so are his people, Thank you and I pray that you feel better.

Judy T-Bellingham:
Spud, wonderful accomplishment....all the way around!  I'm so happy for you. I'm smiling here.

Thank you Judy, I can see your lovely :-)

Marie:

Spud, writing through tears in my eyes.  Way to go girl!  God is good!  Grands will treasure their quilts from their special Grandma. 

Thank you so much Marie, I hope they are happy tears...

chocake2:
Yay Spud! That is totally awesome! Your grands are so blessed to have a heirloom made by you.

Thank you so much CC, your stories helped me through some of the tough times, always made me smile

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 12:08 AM | Locked

I hope I did not miss thanking anyone, if I did please know that I so appreciate all of you and your thoughts and prayers through all of this.... (((HUGS)))

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:20 AM | Locked

Donna B:
BTW, Winthrop has the record for the coldest recorded temperature in Washington State on December 30, 1968... - 48 degrees F.  Thankfully, we have not had that cold a temps since we have lived here!  (We have had -20F several times in the last 10 years and that is plenty cold for me!)

Prior to 1968, there were several orchards in the Methow.   Very few people replanted after that. 

I am not sure what our zone is, but I never plant anything that is not for zone 4 or lower.  Eventually most of the zone 5 stuff dies.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:59 AM | Locked

My rosé bush winter kill this year. I had it for almost ten years and it produced the most beautiful red roses! It was a Manitoba...something I can't remember. Created for zones 3-4. I don't know if its the amount of snow or the long periods of cold but there are not even one leaf on it. In sad. So Patti as much as I love your plant, I wonder if it would be too wet here, there is a reason they call it Rainy Lake and Rainy River....it rains....lots.  I do love the color intensity. Thanks for sharing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Karla:

Linda, sorry nothing seems to be improving, but glad you are hanging in there.  I pray for a miracle for you, as they do happen.

Karla, the miracle was that I'm still on this side of the grass!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

Linda:

CC - Is that little guy really 2 years old already? Seems like just yesterday that you were showing us photos of a newborn. Wow how time flies!

No Linda. You didn't miss a year.  Sprout is 13 months old now. I was talking about his older brother who celebrated his birthday with 2 parties this year. One with our family on his actual birthday and one with his friends last weekend.  :D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 627
Points 9,325
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Just had an e-mail from Keepsake Quilting announcing a fat quarter sale (20 for $25).  I really don't need to plump up my stash, but I am tempted. Velly Velly temped...  Is anyone else feeling weak? Wanna be my cohart?

Too late, been there, done that.  I also got a parcel yesterday from Craftsy.  I need to quit buying fabric (yeah, right) until I get my mid-arm up and running all the way and my quilting room all set up.  I was playing with my Janome 1600P.  I got it to sew a little bit, but then my thread keeps breaking.  The bigger problem is that it comes out of the needle.  I'm not sure how it's doing that when I'm holding the end of the thread.  There's a mystery.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

MaggieNae:

chocake2:
Just had an e-mail from Keepsake Quilting announcing a fat quarter sale (20 for $25).  I really don't need to plump up my stash, but I am tempted. Velly Velly temped...  Is anyone else feeling weak? Wanna be my cohart?

Too late, been there, done that.  I also got a parcel yesterday from Craftsy.  I need to quit buying fabric (yeah, right) until I get my mid-arm up and running all the way and my quilting room all set up.  I was playing with my Janome 1600P.  I got it to sew a little bit, but then my thread keeps breaking.  The bigger problem is that it comes out of the needle.  I'm not sure how it's doing that when I'm holding the end of the thread.  There's a mystery.

Is the thread itself breaking or just slipping out of the needle (which is really weird)?  If the thread is breaking, try squirting it with a spray bottle as it could have gotten brittle for some reason. It will but the moisture back in that it needs. If it is slipping out of the needle, maybe try switching out the needles??? And BTW who says we ever have enough fabric LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

I don't time to catch up on posts,but I thought I would catch everyone up on the gini-front.    We have a beautiful new granddaughter, 8'14" oz, no name yet. I get to greet her this morning.  Amie was in labor for 36 hours and had to be taken to the hospital, but she delivered naturally.  She and baby are doing fine.

Yippee another baby to spoil.   

On the Sam front,   He is getting his arms and head wrapped around the fact that he has to go back to work.  When they set up the company, they had an excellent lawyer who drew up contingency plans.   The transition to Sam as sole proprietor is going smoothly.   The affairs of the family of sam's partner are not going well.  Not our business, but our hearts ache over all the hurt feelings they are experiencing.   Sam has urged both sides to get together and lay everything out on the table so there are,no secrets.   His partner had a daughter and 5 step kids.   The kids were all adults when Jerry and renate married.  All of the kids adored both of the parents,but there is just too much money to fight over.   To make it tricky,  Jerry was very wealthy when they were married and renate had very little,   But both Jerry and renate wanted all the kids taken care of, Q out of fairness a greater share of the estate will go to his daughter.  To top,it off, Jerry made a bad decision.   He put his stepson in as executor, instead of his son-in-law, that caused a lot of hurt feelings on one side and too much smug from one of the step-siblings.  So far Sam is the adult in the room and everyone still likes him and talks to him.  

One  thing we can count on in this crazy life, it doesn't Pay to get complacent, 'cause something will come along to upset the pile cart. Now we will be splitting our time between sandpoint branson and now Seattle.  The good news, is I will be able to spend more time with the new granddaughter. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Page 39 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use