Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 38 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 4:20 PM | Locked

Darlene:
He was dehydrating and not getting any better.They have decide it is not influenza and are running a lot of tests.

Oh Darlene, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I hope every thing will be okay soon.  Please know that you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Angele:
one PD day on the last day on the 21st

Angele, I'm going to try and get a half day off on the 21st so we can start to go to Tennessee for the retreat at noon.  DH already has that day off as a vacation day.  Here's hoping my principal is willing to let me leave early.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:05 PM | Locked

Yay Spud! That is totally awesome! Your grands are so blessed to have a heirloom made by you.

Darlene, I pray your hubby gets a quick diagnosis and makes a fast recovery.

DD is busy marking and basting the quilt she's making for her BF. She hopes to have it finished in time for his b-day next month. She used pieces from his old baby quilt (made by his Gram when he was born) and her old jeans. I think it's coming together really well. I'll post a pic of the top in my gallery shortly.

Here's Jr's second B-day cake. I've been teasing him that he's part hobbit. They have first breakfast, second breakfast; elevensies... He has first birthday; second birthday ....  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:26 PM | Locked

CC, I don't mean to be rude or crass or anything. But, I can't resist. This gives a whole new meaning to "getting in her pants". Geez, I hope you don' t  take offense to that. It is just the first thought that popped into my mind. : {

Darlene so sorry to hear about the health issue with your Hubs. Hope they find the answer fast.

Gotta get all hoochie Mama'd up for the retreat. Gotta get a mani-pedi- and going blond..real blond. I am tired of looking like something that don't look good, that the cat dragged in. So, here we go, girls. Thurs. is the day for the new "do". A week from Thurs is the day for the nail re-do. Photos to follow. Though ,you might see 'em first on TMZ . 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:58 PM | Locked

CC, Your kids are so lucky to have a Mom with such great creative talent.   Happy 2nd birthday ,Junior.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
This gives a whole new meaning to "getting in her pants".

LOL Hopefully that's the only way he's getting into her pants!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:17 PM | Locked

Just had an e-mail from Keepsake Quilting announcing a fat quarter sale (20 for $25).  I really don't need to plump up my stash, but I am tempted. Velly Velly temped...  Is anyone else feeling weak? Wanna be my cohart?

Work today was interesting. When I arrived one of the interns asked my co-worker if they could take volenteers out in the field. He said sure, why? She said she thought I should get to go out with them.  He explained that I was actually an employee. Not long after that, another intern asked me how long I'd been a volenteer. Hard question to answer, since I bounce between paid and un-paid work, depending on the season.  Then the new "assistent Executive Director" (Chief Air-head) came cheerfully breezing by and handed me a cup of over-priced coffee and a cupcake she bought for me while she was in town, saying I deserved a treat for being such a great help and loyal... volenteer.   YIPES!! She's supposed to be doing the payroll but she doesn't know i am a paid employee!?? I pointed out that only paid "staff" get to wear the "Staff" shirts and she's been barrowing mine all week... Then I suggested she check my timecards!!  No wonder they've all been treating me as an underling LOL Ya gotta love 'em

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

Spud, writing through tears in my eyes.  Way to go girl!  God is good!  Grands will treasure their quilts from their special Grandma.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

Darlene, T & P coming your way for DH swift and complete recovery.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,677
Points 120,525
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Woo Hoo!!!! I wanted to tell you all that I have the 7 grandkids quilts complete, binding hand sewn and the labels on. I did not think I would be here to do this, I knew they would get done just not sure by me... Praise God, He is so faithful!!!!

Spud, wonderful accomplishment....all the way around!  I'm so happy for you. I'm smiling here.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,250
Linda replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Congratulations on your accomplishment, Spud. We are so happy that you are still here with us. We have an awesome God who is so good to us who are so undeserving. But He loves us anyway. Isn't He an amazing God? I have first hand experience how amazing He is.

CC - Is that little guy really 2 years old already? Seems like just yesterday that you were showing us photos of a newborn. Wow how time flies!

Guess I need to keep up more on the boards, but I spend more and more time with the doctors. Not a lot of fun and they are not coming up with any answers other than the brain trauma that cannot be explained. No help at all and my symptoms continue to worsen as does my pain level.  When asked what my pain level is I answer 12....the scale only goes to 10. So I need lots of rest...do I do that?  ha ha ha ha very funny!!!

Hugs to you all.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

Linda, sorry nothing seems to be improving, but glad you are hanging in there.  I pray for a miracle for you, as they do happen.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Patti:

Donna B:
Patti, Me too!  I would love some of the Showy Penstamon seeds!  I have some of the pinks, but not the blue..

I'll get you some Donna.  I think we also might have a few Showy penstemon plants that Steve didn't plan yet this year.  I will ask him.

Patti, I have to ask what are Showy Penstamon? I've never heard of them and don't know what they look like. How hardy are the plants? When do they bloom?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:03 PM | Locked

Angele:
Patti, I have to ask what are Showy Penstamon? I've never heard of them and don't know what they look like. How hardy are the plants? When do they bloom?

These are Showy penstemon.  they are a wild flower found mostly in semi dry mountain areas.  Flower spiked about a couple feet tall.  They are very hardy, don't need a lot of water to survive, but like it if they can get it.  Very hardy, at least to zone 4, and possibly much lower.  Hummingbirds go crazy over it.  They are blooming right now in Eastern WA.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:04 PM | Locked

Donna, I do have about 4 or 5 young plants for you.  Are you coming to Omak any time soon?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 38 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use