Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 37 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 472
Points 8,795
Darlene replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes for DH to survive his wonderful home nurse.lol I finally had to bring in the real nurses and he is resting in the hospital.He was dehydrating and not getting any better.They have decide it is not influenza and are running a lot of tests.

MNnancy tell Randy that the nurses were asking him questions and all he said was ask Darlene she will know lol How does this man get through life when I am not around My Mom says he manages very well when he has to lol

Bonita love the colours in your quilt .Nice job

darlene(2manyhorses)

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Marge P:
I will just post one picture tonight and I should call it "The Lost is Found" as I actually found the beautiful little flower pincushion that you all said you had rec'd at the Leavenworth Retreat in 2011 and no one has fessed up to making them. ...a brand new Block-Lok ruler that i bought about a year ago here in Twisp and have never used as I couldn't find it....my Leaf blocks from the Leavenworth exchange.  

Way to go, Marge!  It must feel like you just got back from a shopping trip!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:39 AM | Locked

Darlene:
tell Randy that the nurses were asking him questions and all he said was ask Darlene she will know lol How does this man get through life when I am not around

Randy had a good chuckle when I read this to him.  Really though, we're sorry to hear that Larry is dealing with health issues.  Let's hope the hospital staff can get him on the road to recovery!  (...and that you get a nice break from nursing duty!)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

I had a day of visiting relatives yesterday.  i'm back to drawing board after phone stuff, now i'm thinking a tablet may be better for family at least we could see it better.  Having my garage sale soon if weather improves.  I'll be glad when i can just think about which quilt i'm gonna make rather than technology items features operating systems etc.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

Donna B:
Patti, Me too!  I would love some of the Showy Penstamon seeds!  I have some of the pinks, but not the blue..

I'll get you some Donna.  I think we also might have a few Showy penstemon plants that Steve didn't plan yet this year.  I will ask him.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,375
Points 48,770
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:05 AM | Locked

Spud,  I am so delighted to hear that you accomplished your goal.  God is truly good!       Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,375
Points 48,770
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:17 AM | Locked

Darlene, I am sorry to hear that Larry ended up in the hospital.  Hopefully they will get a handle on what the problem is and get him back home quickly.  In the meantime, catch up on your rest.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:40 AM | Locked

Darlene, sorry to hear about Larry being in the hospital.  Hope they discover the cause soon.  I can only imagine the uproar he will cause in the hospital when he's feeling better.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Darlene--I am sorry to hear about DH.  Hopefully, though, they will find the cause quickly!

MNNancy--I agree with the others--will you come organize me?  My stash is on a bookshelf, but it's not as pretty as yours!

I got a full day of sewing in yesterday.  Got all the piecing done for the final RR quilt top.  Now I just need to get it stitched on.  Also was able to get all my retreat exchange blocks ready to be stitched.  We are doing Sunbonnet Sue blocks, and I am going to machine applieque them rather than needle-turn.  They are ready for the machine!

Today is a triple payroll day.  All three of my payrolls are due this week, so I have to get them all keyed in.  It's really not very stressful, they are all fairly simple payrolls.  Just a bit time consuming.

I am loving the photos of the gardens!  I am looking to buy a house this summer, so I will be able to have a garden!!!  I just need to research to see what I want to do...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:00 AM | Locked

Looking forward to a day of sewing today...had BBQ for DSIL's celebration for attaining his US citizenship and also to celebrate DD2's fiance's birthday.  It was so hot (105) and today I have decided that I will not do anything other than sew.  Temps are expected to be much cooler today (85) as thunderstorms have rolled into the area.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

Darlene,  Sorry to hear about Larry.  Now he's got the professionals taking care of him and you get a small bit of a rest.  Hope he gets better soon.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!! There are cats and dogs, everywhere. It is raining that hard. And, I think ,I may have seen a turkey fall as well!. Our sink hole ,in the back yard, is filling like a swimming pool. My Asiatic lilies have finally bloomed and are quickly being beat down to the ground. Jim hasn't gotten around to tying them up yet.

Do you ever let life take away you focus on God? Do you get SO busy living that you forget about LIFE? Has happened to me this weekend. I am so focused on this retreat coming up that I lost my focus on the Lord.  At church yesterday I prayed ":Where are you, Lord?" Ha! He came back with "Where are YOU, Sukochi?" Wake up call! I have read all three of my devotionals for today and guess what? They spoke of the too busy world we live in and the forgotten world we will be going to at the end of out time on this earth. So, focus back totally on God. The retreat will come and go whether I am "ready" or not.  Read the book  Anything by Jennie Allen. It is an eye opener. 

Better get at that Bible Study and get on with the other "stuff" later, if time allows.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Marge P:
In the meantime, I will just post one picture tonight and I should call it "The Lost is Found" as I actually found the beautiful little flower pincushion that you all said you had rec'd at the Leavenworth Retreat in 2011 and no one has fessed up to making them.  i would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that i didn't get one of them. The other thing I found is a brand new Block-Lok ruler that i bought about a year ago here in Twisp and have never used as I couldn't find it.  I also found in about the same place my Leaf blocks from the Leavenworth exchange.  So i feel pretty good about finding these long lost items.

LOL, I knew you got one of the pincushions...I definitely remember that.  And finally, you have found your Bloc-Loc ruler...Yay!!!  And since you found your 2011 Leaf blocks you can join me in finally getting that UFO done...lol!!!

Marge P:
I now have all my quilting DVD's with printed instructions in one drawer in alphabetic order with a master Excel spreadsheet in the first folder.

Now this has got to be taking it to an extreme Marge...lol!  I am a true lover of Excel, but I am not sure I am ready for this...

But really, congratulations on the re-organization and clean-up...that must really feel good.

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 2,315
Beth replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 3:33 PM | Locked

I finally made it up to my mom's house this weekend, went and celebrated my sister's birthday, then came back to mom's and went downstairs to find her featherweight...it's not in too bad condition..the serial number is AJ002439, from what I can figure out, I think it was manufactured in 1948??? Brought it home, I told mom, I would look into getting the oil and lube and any parts to tune it up...it runs beautifully, not sure how long she has had it downstairs. But she got me looking at all her stash etc...unbelieveable how many UFO'S there were...she had started a BOM club for a classic quilt from Joann fabrics in 1998, absolutely beautiful...had the envelopes from the March and August but no blocks...yet going through her stash, I think she went to Joann's and bought more fabric...I promised her I would try to find the fabric and finish it for her...I went on line today and actually found the March block kit..only one to go..it breaks my heart to see her starting to slip into mild dementia...she is so talented :) I have the 2 y/o GS, GD and mom and dad are in Milwaukee, WI seeking medical treatment...they'll be back Wed night/Thurs AM..pouring rain, only wish I had time to work on my projects :) Have a wonderful week everyone :)!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 2,315
Beth replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 3:35 PM | Locked

Such an amazing feat!!! I have 17 nieces and nephews, I dream of the day when all of them will have one quilt from Aunt Beth :)

Page 37 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use