Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 36 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 12:08 AM | Locked

congratulations Spud on getting those quilts done.  God is good.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 1:01 AM | Locked

Patti:

CC, I will sent you a selection of several different penstamon seeds this fall.  They should do well in Montana.  You have to plant them in the fall so that they can overwinter in the freezing dirt, otherwise they won't germinate.  We usually put them in little planters and label them.  Often we don't plant them someplace permanent until the second year.

Patti, Me too!  I would love some of the Showy Penstamon seeds!  I have some of the pinks, but not the blue...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 3:00 AM | Locked

Hi All - I have been missing in action for quite some time.  I have finally caught up on the emails and you all have been pretty busy.  So many neat pictures (your garden photo's are beautiful, Patti) and looks like everyone has been pretty productive.

I have been a prisoner in my sewing room for the past couple weeks.  i am determined to get it organized and it is taking so much longer than I expected.  I have 3 - 2 drawer file cabinets that are the support for a 6-7 foot table in my room.  I needed more drawer space so I have been cleaning out old farm records and stuff we no longer needed.  I cleaned out 4 drawers completely.  The remaining two already have quilting stuff in them and they need to be gone through also.  

I now have all my quilting DVD's with printed instructions in one drawer in alphabetic order with a master Excel spreadsheet in the first folder.  Also did an Excel spreadsheet for my pantographs so I know the size, designer and name of Pantograph and that is tucked in the box with all the pantographs.

I still have a lot to do and I hope I stick with it.  I took before pictures of the room about a month ago and when I get an area totally organized I will post a before and after pictures.

In the meantime, I will just post one picture tonight and I should call it "The Lost is Found" as I actually found the beautiful little flower pincushion that you all said you had rec'd at the Leavenworth Retreat in 2011 and no one has fessed up to making them.  i would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that i didn't get one of them. The other thing I found is a brand new Block-Lok ruler that i bought about a year ago here in Twisp and have never used as I couldn't find it.  I also found in about the same place my Leaf blocks from the Leavenworth exchange.  So i feel pretty good about finding these long lost items.  Here are the found items!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:28 AM | Locked

Spud wonderful news, your GKs will cherish them

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 798
Points 12,294
Joan L. replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:30 AM | Locked

Good morning all you early birds.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 38,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:38 AM | Locked

Good morning to you too Joan.  Are you there reading your emails and drinking your first cup of coffee?  That's what I do every morning.  Anyway only 7 1/2 more days of school with the kids and only 10 more total days to work.  Teachers have "work" days put in to comply with contract requirements.  Well off to get ready for the day.  It's raining here in SE Pennsylvania.  The kids are gonna be squirrely today. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 798
Points 12,294
Joan L. replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:42 AM | Locked

Good morning Mimi, Been up sense 2:30 so way past that first cup. Have a good day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:40 AM | Locked

Agnes:

MNnancy:

Nice tip, Agnes.  So you don't mind sewing triangles together?  I've gotten kind of use to sewing squares twice on the diagonal and then cutting them in half.

No. I don't mind sewing triangles together at all. Currently am on a hiatus more because of the project than the triangles. I had just started working on Papa's Stars for my grandson from his Papa's shirts when his Dad passed away. That ground things to a halt in that department. Not ready to tackle that yet. I have Dad's Shirts for the back but it will be a mighty hard quilt to make for some time  yet.

Your method works but your are making QST (quarter square triangles) putting the bias in a different place. Not usually a big deal. I also have a ruler for QSTs. Thinking seriously about starting a quilt that will be using that ruler and striped fabric.

t get that Agnès. I made a few quilts for friends' grands with their grand father's shirts and i had a very hard Time emotionally as I knew the men very well. I still have a few and I'm doing everything but. So I can only imagine how hard it is for you. For me it was a way to remember the good things, the fun times and I know the quilts are cherished.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:54 AM | Locked

Yeah Spud! What a great feeling!  You really have been working hard! I now have two bindings to hand sew and three aprons to make before I go home, to care for my parents.  This Friday my Mom will be 90, and my DS3 24. We will all celebrate when I get there. I think my kids are trying to come for that too.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:06 AM | Locked

Mimi we still have nine days with the kids and one PD day on the last day on the 21st.  Four days later I'm flying to NB to stay for almost three weeks.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:08 AM | Locked

WTG Spudgrangma, you know they will cherish them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

CC,

Up until age 18 months, climbing, particularly up is good for neurological development.  My daughter-in-law has MS and her neurologist is one of the best in the world.  He said that in one of the studies they ran in Sweden and Texas while they were developing one of the medications on the market now, the children who climbed up lowered their rate of neurological damage by over 10%.  His reasoning for telling us is because her daughter is at greater risk for MS, but it does seem to have a purpose other than freaking out the mother.  LOL

Jan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 472
Points 8,795
Darlene replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

CC

You give the bestest birthday parties I am coming to your house on my birthday

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 472
Points 8,795
Darlene replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:24 AM | Locked

Joni

Your horses are beautiful.I could take every horse home with me they are like looking at puppies.You always want another lol

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 472
Points 8,795
Darlene replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:27 AM | Locked

Elaine

You are a brave lady .1 surgery on my shoulder is enough for me.I didn't figure I would be doing so much physio I thought after surgery I would be my old self less 1 ache in a month HA Best wishes on your shoulder.Take care

Darlene

(2manyhorses)

Page 36 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use