Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 35 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,450
Points 24,115
Debbie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 2:45 PM | Locked

Patti, beautiful gardens!  I love a garden but have black thumb, I can't even keep silk flowers nice.  and allergies get to me so I enjoy from indoors so appreciate anyone who can create such beauty.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 3:18 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Patti, like Ginny, I'm very curious as to how you are going to pick your berries...

Oh no!!!.  If DH had finished it, he would have had me bending over the open top or crawling on my hands and knees through the ends.  But I stopped his attempt to be helpful.  So the long front and the top fold back to the back fence and can be held there with bungee cords.  The long top, front and back are all sewn together with bailing twine so it can be flipped open. 

DH started the frame on this, and I had to add some cross pieces to the top, so that when the side (front) was raised, the top wouldn't crash through and wipe out the berries. 

My next cage will be better built.  Because I have learned from my mistakes.  But I am sure I will find some new mistakes to make.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,825
Bonita replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:15 PM | Locked

Patti, I love looking at your garden. I live in a condo a small one at that. So no gardens for me. I can't even put out a cantainer one. You live in a beautiful place

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 6:10 PM | Locked

MNancy would you like to come and visit me and sort my room out PLEASE!!! I need help! Got a spare room you can stay in. lol

I have been away this weekend. I drove 150 miles north ( nearly to Scotland) for a hen night ( bachelorette party) we went to a place called Alnwick the weather was perfect not a cloud in the sky. We then had a fabulous meal in a tree house!!

I stopped off at the seaside on the way home and also my Dad's house. I hate going there but it is for sale so we need to check it out regularly. The neighbour recently caught 9 rats ( not at the same time) the largest was 15 inches from nose to tail!!! Yuck I hate them I was very noisy when I checked the garden out. He says he thinks they have all gone. The grass is knee high so we have to decide if we are going to sort it out or get someone in. It's a question of cost so DH and I may decide to sort it ourselves.

Still no sewing machine however my new one is coming on Tuesday!! I am very excited. It's a Pfaff Expression 4.2 will need to think of a suitable name. Suggestions gratefully received.

Well time for bed.

Hugs to those who need them Xxxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Just some photos after the Rain

Princesa

Lil Bit

peacock

garden...former kiwi arbor...bit the dust

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:33 PM | Locked

Let's try again, Lil Bit

garden...former kiwi arbor

new plants, butterfly bushes and spirea and Buster

I'm making progress on my LITTLE garden, got to plant some okra, cantaloupe and watermelon, hopefully this week.  I'm in love with my cucumber tepee.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Patti, do ya suppose you can send me some seeds from your Penstamin? They're gorgious!  Have you tried planting catnip around the borders of your berrie beds. I'm told it deters rodents. Of course, it also spreads like crazy so you minght wanna put it in containers.

Lesley thanks for sharing the picture. What a charming place!

Since I was last on, I have succeeded in washing one load of laundry, making sandbags for the shop (no- not the kind you use for flood damming. These are used to stabilize fossils while we reconstruct them), mending Jr's PJ's and making 2 drawstring knitting bags form Mrs. BM. Yay! I finally had Sewing time. :D

while I was finishing those projects, Sprout climbed up on a chair to watch and before I could get to him, he took a tumble. He got a bloody nose and a scrap across his ribs, plus a pretty burple bruise for his efforts. 5 minuted later he was back to climbing... He's mastered stairs already! "UP" is very much his idea of where the fun things are, and there's just no keeping him down! He's even got my heartrate 'up'!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:43 PM | Locked

Everyone's photos are beautiful,   Patti, love the flowers , Lesley, love the tree house,  Joni, your horses are beautiful, your garden looks good also

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:49 PM | Locked

chocake2:
, plus a pretty burple bruise

I love the color burple. Wiil take burple toenails to the retreat in LESS THEN two weeks!!

CC I would love to have your job. that must be just fascinating.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:26 PM | Locked

Nice photos. Leslie, I would love to check out that tree house.  Joni, you have beautiful horses, and dog.

CC, I will sent you a selection of several different penstamon seeds this fall.  They should do well in Montana.  You have to plant them in the fall so that they can overwinter in the freezing dirt, otherwise they won't germinate.  We usually put them in little planters and label them.  Often we don't plant them someplace permanent until the second year.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:55 PM | Locked

Thanks for sharing the pictures everyone, they are beautiful. Patti, I love your garden. We finally got some things planted and it was 100 today, whewwwww.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:58 PM | Locked

Woo Hoo!!!! I wanted to tell you all that I have the 7 grandkids quilts complete, binding hand sewn and the labels on. I did not think I would be here to do this, I knew they would get done just not sure by me... Praise God, He is so faithful!!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:37 PM | Locked

Hallelujah, Spud!  So happy to hear you finished the quilts for all the grands!  Prayer is powerful!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:40 PM | Locked

Lesley:
we went to a place called Alnwick

...and did you visit the castle where they shot some of the Harry Potter scenes?  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 11:07 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Sprout climbed up on a chair to watch and before I could get to him, he took a tumble.

Sorry to hear about Sprout's tumble...my 10 month old grandson climbed from a chair onto the table today...thank goodness we were there to catch him.  He crawled into the recliner the other day (because his big brothers left a toy truck near it) and tumbled over the side.  Thank goodness for carpeting.

Page 35 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use