Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 34 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

took my breaks in the garden.  See the humming bird in the third picture?  The blue penstemon is a native called showy pestemon.  We collected the seeds.

I took my breaks in the garden.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

Well Patty, it looks like you have a successful thing going to keep Chip and Dale out, now how do you get into it to get the berries?    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 9:43 PM | Locked

Wow Nancy, can you come and organize my fabric?  It all looks great from here.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Patti I love your garden.  Do you mostly have annuals or perennial ? The colors are so intense! And of course the hummingbird is perfect.

Nancy I forgot to say I really like your purse, but I was still speechless over your organized fabrics. 

Gini I hope that in dealing with the sadness of loosing Sam's business partner and the extra stress put on you two, that you will manage to care for each other. 

Imagine, my lilacs are in bloom as well as my bearded irises.  It was about 70 here today, nice and warm.  With the sun outside I couldn't resist and spent most of my time outside instead of cleaning inside.  I so seldom come on lately that it takes me over an hour to catch up!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,279
Points 28,930
Agnes replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Nice tip, Agnes.  So you don't mind sewing triangles together?  I've gotten kind of use to sewing squares twice on the diagonal and then cutting them in half.

No. I don't mind sewing triangles together at all. Currently am on a hiatus more because of the project than the triangles. I had just started working on Papa's Stars for my grandson from his Papa's shirts when his Dad passed away. That ground things to a halt in that department. Not ready to tackle that yet. I have Dad's Shirts for the back but it will be a mighty hard quilt to make for some time  yet.

Your method works but your are making QST (quarter square triangles) putting the bias in a different place. Not usually a big deal. I also have a ruler for QSTs. Thinking seriously about starting a quilt that will be using that ruler and striped fabric.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 900
Points 16,680
Patricia Faye replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 10:58 PM | Locked

Patti, love your garden!  

Spent the day cleaning up my sewing room & putting things away (against the wall) so my husband will have a straight shot from the entry door to the new bathroom we've added.  He'll be working on finishing it up next week while I'm away visiting with my daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter in Maryland.  He's like a bull in a china closet so the more stuff out of his way the better!  I'm usually his gopher, so I tried to put everything he'll need for the job out so he can find it.  I'm sure I'll get at least one call from him while I'm there asking where something is.  

I'm only staying a week but I can hardly wait to get me hands on my granddaughter.  She's 18 months old and growing so fast. Wished they lived closer.  They are in the process of preparing their house to sell so they can move to the Asheville area of North Carolina hopefully by October.    

Not taking my laptop this visit, but hope to check in on my daughter's while I'm visiting.  Taking along some appliqué to work on since I won't be able to do any sewing there.  I'm sure I'll be busy & the time will fly too quickly!
Have a great week everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 11:39 PM | Locked

What a beautiful spot you're in, Patti!  You've enhanced it really well :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 11:41 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Debbie-do:
Gosh Nancy, I didn't know there was a Dewey system for fabric!!

LOL   :-)

Funny you should mention Dewey because I've recently been appointed church librarian, and I am trying to get all the books cataloged and shelved in Dewey order.  Yeah, I needed another responsibility....

It'll help keep you out of trouble!  the opposite thing happened to me.  When the librerian at one of the local schools retired, she took over my job as librarian at church!  It's a big job.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Angele:
 Do you mostly have annuals or perennial ?

all that you see are perennials.  Many of them are also native plants we have collected from seed.   We sometimes use annuals to fill in some gaps.  Over the years, we have learned what works and what doesn't.  If something dies in the winter, it doesn't get replanted.  We had many beautiful oriental lilies, and roses, but they are gone.  I did have a rugosa rose that did very well, but had to move that for some construction.  I think I will  plant that again. 

with a few big exceptions, most of our plants require little water.   In one area, we have extremely xeric plants and if we water them, they die. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

I'm with Nana.  And the open forum does not particularly concern me.  I own 2 dogs that are about 75 pounds each and love to bark and jump up. We even have trouble with the people we need to come in coming in.  We had a home alarm system company come out to do an estimate and they told me not to bother with the alarm system. LOL

Jan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 11:26 AM | Locked

I very frustratedly could not get on much on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning.  I have had a consistent problem on Fridays for several months.

Now I am weeding through hundreds of e-mails.

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:24 PM | Locked

Patti:
Now my berries are protected from Chip and Dale.

Patti, like Ginny, I'm very curious as to how you are going to pick your berries...

Loved your flower and hummingbird photos!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:26 PM | Locked

Elaine,

I had rotator cuff surgery several years ago.  They did an experiment with the ortho surgeon and the Physical Therapist.  The PT was in the operating room and I started physical therapy in one week.  He just did movements so the shoulder could move and not freeze.  After about 3 weeks I was quite comfortable.  I was out of work for 10 weeks during the summer, so I make the most of it.  Hoping your recovery is as smooth and easy as mine was.

jan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 2:03 PM | Locked

I'm home from work  and ready to tackle my chores. Sadly everyone seems to be conspiring to prevent me from accomplishing anything...

We had Jr's birthday party yesterday. He chose an alien theme. I made him a space ship cake and we played monster bingo, tape the eye on the alien, made paper plate flying saucers, roasted hot dogs and marshmellows and had a squirt gun war. Jr declared it to be the best birthday party ever.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 2:41 PM | Locked

Tell Junior that his party does sound like it was the best ever.  Sorry I wasn't there for the squirt gun war.    Ginny

Page 34 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use