Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 33 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Karla, what a happy time for all of you, great picture!  Please congratulate your DSIL for me, he looks so happy.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 3:18 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Maybe he'll have some wise words like "Suck it up!"

Well, Darlene, maybe you don't want Randy's wise words after all.  He felt sorry for Larry and asked if you are providing him with hot towels and massages.  I think they may have hung out together too long in Branson and Larry has rubbed off on Randy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Gosh Nancy, I didn't know there was a Dewey system for fabric!!

LOL   :-)

Funny you should mention Dewey because I've recently been appointed church librarian, and I am trying to get all the books cataloged and shelved in Dewey order.  Yeah, I needed another responsibility....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

Debbie:
Can you share that pattern?  I like lots of pockets and especially one on the outside for my phone so  don't have to dig for it.

Debbie, I'm in complete agreement on an outer phone pocket.  The pocket on the back of the purse perfectly snugs my phone - it never falls out.

For those who asked, the pattern is "Foldover Bag no. 152" designed by Renee Plains and printed by Liberty Star out of Scottsdale, AZ.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 3:40 PM | Locked

Marie:
I also am envious of your shelves, which I'm sure Randy made for you, they look wonderful!

Of course he did, Marie!  :-)

I really need to sweet talk him into making a few more shelves.  The only fat quarters on the shelves are family line bundles.  I have two large totes filled with all the individually purchased fat quarters, and they are stuffed to the gills and very difficult to look through.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

Bonita:
Are your strips 2 1/2 also.

Yes, I cut 2 1/2 strips of varying lengths, 2 1/2 squares (wish now I'd made them 2 7/8 or 3 as a better size for HSTs), 4 1/2 squares, and 6 1/2 squares.  Those will stack and store nicely.  I'm not nearly done going through the scraps, but once I am, I hope I can "process" any new scraps just as soon as I make them so that I don't end up with overflowing baskets again.

And just think.... if I never quilt again, I can probably keep the sewing room looking clean and organized!   Bwaahaahaaha!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,720
Agnes replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 5:51 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Yes, I cut 2 1/2 strips of varying lengths, 2 1/2 squares (wish now I'd made them 2 7/8 or 3 as a better size for HSTs),

Nancy--2 1/2" strips work great for HST. Have rarely used the 7/8" measurement. All you need is a Right angle triangle ruler. Mine is the Omnigrid #96 ruler. This was a tip in one of Fons and Porter"s books before 1996. That 3/8" difference is the tip that you cut off after you've sewn the two pieces together. The measurement on  the ruler shows you the finished size of your HST. In this case 2".

The ruler comes with both tips so I sent it to DH's workshop to saw off the one tip. That is now the line to nip off the other dogear before sewing.

When I am sewing HST I line up my fabric combinations on top of each other, right sides together. I cut them at the same time in a stack. Cut the triangle, nip off the second dogear and the pairs are ready to feed through the sewing machine. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:21 PM | Locked

Great tip  there, Agnes  and the pictures help so much in the explanation.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:39 PM | Locked

Today was belt test day at TaeKwonDo, the younger 2 grandsons earned their green belt, while the older is already a black belt has no where to go until he's eligible to test for his 2nd degree black belt which isn't for at least another year.  The 3 of them, however, presented the TaeKwonDo instructor with the quilt.  Here are a couple of pictures.

These pics were taken before they tested for their green belt, so they still have their yellow belts on.  DGS1 had to leave before the test to get to Reno before 11 am, so we did the presentation before the test.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:48 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilt, Karla, and it has a nice masculine look about it!  Do you think he'll take it home or hang it on a wall there in the studio?  It looks like there are other colorful items on the wall there.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Nice tip, Agnes.  So you don't mind sewing triangles together?  I've gotten kind of use to sewing squares twice on the diagonal and then cutting them in half.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:57 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Do you think he'll take it home or hang it on a wall there in the studio?

I really don't know, but I'm dying to find out.  Oldest grandson thinks he'll hang it, but has no idea if he'll hang it at home or at the dojang.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Karla, congratulations to your SIL.

I also love the quilt. 

Nancy, nice bag.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

this is how I spent my day.  Now my berries are protected from Chip and Dale.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

I've missed a bunch of going on here.  Great purse and quilts congrats on the new belts!  I've had 4 or 5 days talking with cell phone people and i'm back to wear i started relatives were giving me hard time because istarted a contract with a cell phone.  took that one back.  i know why should they care what plan of phone i go with but evidently they did at least my DH understood why changed plans.  I just for now rethought the plan 2 yr. I'd rather be on a dinosaur phone then no phone.

I'm going to sleep much better tonight i had news that my niece whose had a falling out with her mom, after 14 yrs. has finally gone out to dinner together I am just so happy to hear this.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 33 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use