Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 26 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:07 PM | Locked

LOL Nana, she works harder than i do, and im not even retired

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:13 PM | Locked

Went to town to get more supplies for keeping the chipmunks out of the garden.  I haven't switched my house key to the new car key, and locked myself out.  Got home about 10:30 and hoped DH would come home for lunch.  No such luck.  So worked on the fence,  and just like quilting, those wonderful ideas that went together so well in my head, didn't in real life.  I was in tears by the time DH came home at 4:30. 

Tomorrow I am going to get a copy of the house key made and hide it outside.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:26 PM | Locked

I think I'm ready for a day just to veg out...I BBQ'd enough tonight to use for tomorrow's dinner, too, I think.  Our temp officially reached 99 degrees, but my weather station located on my front porch in the shade registered 105 and my car registered 102...it was hot and dry, dry, dry, only 10% humidity.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:29 PM | Locked

Patti:
  I haven't switched my house key to the new car key, and locked myself out.  Got home about 10:30 and hoped DH would come home for lunch.  No such luck.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope hubby gave you lots of comfort. Happened to me years ago. But it was the middle of the night, I was single and it was about 25 degrees out. I was able to pile some logs under the window and get it open. But, because of my tight dress I couldn't get my leg up over the window to pull myself in. I did the only thing possible, stripped off my dress (just barely the basics on underneath) and got into the house. To this day I don't know if the old man next door was lurking by his window. But the smirk on his face for the next few days made me suspicious.

Like you, I hid a key outside after that.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:31 PM | Locked

I think we've all locked ourselves out of the house at least once in our lifetime...I know I now have a key hidden outside.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

Gee  I fixed that problem years ago....I just don't lock the door...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
What would happen if the glass broke during the night? You could choke on a fish. Then your death cert would say killed by fish. What a way to go.

ROFLOL

Too funny, Sukochi.  (I've been off for a day, so just catching up with this thread now.) 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

Thanx everyone for the nice comments.....got the main blocks partly done today, have to add the corners yet, they are not sewn together yet that's why they look a little wonky, still have to make the side rectangles too. I keep bouncing back and forth between projects...I am also hand quilting my sister's queen size right now. I knew if I waited long enough I would find a project for jelly roll strips I got from Connecting Threads, they were perfect for cutting the arc pieces for the DWR...which I  will be giving away to a friend at work as a surprise.

Tnmtgrl, I love, love love your DWR. I started mine, but got sidetracked with other things.  Still have many things to complete before I get back to mine.  Your friend will really appreciate it I just can't wait to see it completed!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

Karla:
The tomato plants are doing great (what am I going to with the tomatoes from 12 vines, guess I'll be canning again), the rhubarb is doing excellent, the snap peas appear to have all died, but the radishes, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe and pole beans seem to be doing just fine.  Oops, there are 3 different kinds of bell pepper plants and one chili pepper, too, that seem to be thriving.

Envious of your vegetable garden.  Things are really slow here this year.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

Been moving furniture around sewing room, but i think most is gonna be in garage sale if weather ever warms up. Also my new cell phone i'm thinking about taking back if i can get out of 2 yr. contract only because i don't want any text internet on my phone i only want to dial a number and talk looking at pay as you go phones now.  

With my house in such disaray getting ready for garage sale there is little time to sew and relatives are wanting me to go places with them probably going to have to postpone garage sale to accomodate relatives wishes.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Patti:
Today it will be war with the chipmunks and bunny.

Do you think the chicken wire is a tight enough weave to keep out the chipmunks?  Sorry, but I have to laugh at the thought of Chip and Dale raiding your garden.  Around here the chipmunks entertain the dogs, but they don't bother my garden.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:26 PM | Locked

Today, I went to Chisolm, MN to the Discovery Centre with 38 grade 4 and six adults.  It was quite interesting.  The students did very well. I'm quite proud of them.

when I got home, I finished sewing the binding on my Mom's quilt #2 and started quilting my great niece's quilt. I'm over halfway done. Then I need to quilt one for a graduate this weekend, sew three more aprons and I'll be good to go home for my annual summer visit. Tomorrow is a dear friend's 50th birthday. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Do you think the chicken wire is a tight enough weave to keep out the chipmunks?

No, so I bought this other 1/2 inch screen "ground cloth."  And I sew the pieces together, put them on a wood frame that covers the vegetables and berries in our raised beds.  Will be able to open them from the top and side.   We don't have a big garden, because we don't have a lot of water, but when I plant something I want to eat it.   I planted my garden early this year, and should be getting somethings now, but have to replant everything.  If I can stop the chipmunks from eating the strawberries, I might get enough at one time to have strawberry short cake.  Only got about 4 or 5 blueberries last year.   So our produce will be in a couple cages.  securely attached to the wood of the raised beds so they can't dig in, and covered on top so they can't climb in.  We have already removed about 30 this month alone.  Chip and Dale may be cute, but I am taking sides with Donald Duck.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

Oh I forgot to say DH and I planted most of our veggie garden last night.  Finally the. Dirt was dry enough for us to go in.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 10:44 PM | Locked

Patti:
We have already removed about 30 this month alone.

You are being overrun!  It might be time to get a cat!

Page 26 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use