Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 20 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:09 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Gini and Nana, did you forget to pay the newsletter delivery boy when he came collecting and knocked on your front door?  :-)

I guess I wasn't here when he came collecting.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

Donna and Gini

I used to get it in my email too.  Then it just stopped.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:14 PM | Locked

gini:

Did that tourist get a picture of the office chair dip?  And did you ask for a copy?   We love pictures, ya know.   :  )

Nope. We were too fast fer 'em!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

I tried to tell him he should come your way and search for bones instead, but that wasn't what he wanted.  Gee maybe he could have gotten some fish flies from your sons, like he sold when he was young.    Glad that Jenni left her cookies in the parking lot.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 599
Points 9,530
Joyce replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:21 PM | Locked

Eileen sorry to hear about your basement, that is a lot of work and expense.  My mom had a unfinished basement except for the cement floor and they had a flood several years ago that people called the 100 year flood.  I remember what a job it was shoveling and washing out all the mud & water & bleaching everything.  Not to mention carrying out the appliances that were ruined.  I feel for you.

But then you will have a brand new basement when it is all finished. 

I haven't been doing any sewing here either.  DH and I have been clearing out all my mom's things (she passed away in March and had lived with us) and also clearing out and catching up on decluttering all over the house things that haven't been done for over 2 years mostly due to the care of mom and also a DGS that has special needs.  DGS is graduating from hs next week and we are having a open house graduation party for him.  We are feeling a bit over whelmed right now as we have had about 60 people RSVP that they ARE coming.  Not sure where we will park their cars or put them inside.  I hope it is a beautiful day so we can use the patio. ha  It will work out.  We are all excited.

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:51 PM | Locked

it's official, the pot of gold is in my backyard

notice, it's a double. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:56 PM | Locked

notice, it's a double. 

oops. it's moving out to sea

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

I like that second photo, it's so easy to see all the colors. 

We've been having the rain storms and sun at the same time here a lot. I am always looking for rainbows.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:25 PM | Locked

Gini those pictures of rainbows are the best thing that has happened to me all day Thank you for posting them.  I don't know when DH is taking time off work to help me with garage sale he expects me to do it all and that isn't gonna happen unless i hire movers to help with the heavy furniture.  Been kind of down today I think its the weather if were still dropping to 50 around here i fear the worst for this coming winter.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,730
winurse replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:06 AM | Locked

Hi all !   I finished hooded towels with embroidery for my granddaughter for swimteam  .   She is six and so excited about making swimteam this year.   As I was making her a towel I also made one for her sister who is three.   I got them put in the mail today so yea they will make it before the first meet.    That being done I got more done on the baby quilt.    The more I get done the more anxious I am to get it done.    The  newest project was a request for more diapers for the 3 year old's baby dolls.   She says that poop and pee so much that the diapers are all dirty and waiting to be washed.      Good project for scraps.    Along the same line with use of scraps I cut a large pile of cirlcles to make pads for a nursing mother.   The disposible ones are so expensive and not so soft.    I guess I know a couple of people who have only one project going at once but I dont seem to ever be able to work that way.   Always have a bunch of things going in various stages of work.   

Well,   hope you all had a good day.  

God Bless and take care of you

Sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:30 AM | Locked

Gini, you had better start swimming lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 426
Points 8,540
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:41 AM | Locked

gini:

notice, it's a double. 

I love rainbows...they are very special to me. The morning of our son's car accident we were given a rainbow right over our house stretching to the accident sight...it appeared just has the sun had risen, Michael was safe in heaven.....I know there will always be skeptical people but I have the proof that it was real and for us....we call it Michael's rainbow...........

you notice not a cloud or rain in the sky.....

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

What a blessing, Jen.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

I love your rainbow pictures, Gini,  maybe that is where my son should go prospecting for gold, eh?  He said he is going up into northern Idaho.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:13 AM | Locked

I don't think I've ever gotten one, in the mail or my email...but then I get so much junk in my email that I don't read most of it anyway.

Oops, this was supposed to go with the Newsletter messages, but oh well, here it is.  I guess I just figure that everyone will know what I'm talking about, when half the time I don't even know.

The rainbows are beautiful...don't see too many rainbows here as we don't see too much in the way of rain, but we've had enough his year to get the weeds a growing good.

Yesterday was the dentist for teeth cleanings...so spent another day in Reno.  Jenny, the receptionist (who is a quilter in her spare time) wanted to see the chicken pin cushions I had told her about,  and so did Oxana (the hygienist), so I presented them each with one yesterday.  Jenny now wants the pattern, so I'll have to see if I can find it for her.  I know if I can't find it, there is a variation of it on line.

DH went shopping and spent $500 at the hobby shop on remote controlled cars for the two middle grandsons.  I do think they will spend part of the summer with us, so there goes my fabric budget for the month.  Guess I'll just have to finish some of my UFO's, if they give me a spare moment.

Today is lawn mowing/yard work day and it's going to be hot (90+) so I better get out there and get busy.  DGS's say they're going to mow and trim, but don't really think that will happen and mower is so hard to push (yes it is power) because the lawn is uphill, with dips and valleys all over.

Page 20 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use