Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 6 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:59 PM | Locked

Sukochi, very pretty

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, May 25 2013 8:14 AM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

Beautiful DWR, Jen!  Can't wait to see it again when it's finished.  Your rings are appliqued, aren't they?  Are all DWRs done that way, or are some pieced with curved seams?  Obviously I haven't made one yet.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, May 25 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Nancy

Most of the patterns for the DWR that I have seen are completely pieced with the curved seams.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:22 AM | Locked

today, I'm very frustrated, got the walking foot in the mail for my new sewing machine and tried to use it. I've only had it less than three weeks.   now, the feed dogs are not going up or down and machine won't sew in any manner, not quilting or straight sewing. I've taken it apart and can see nothing moving when I drop the feed dogs.  Uuugghh!  guess, I need to find a serice center to check out what the problem is.  Darn, have 5 tops to quilt and was looking forward to doing that on this long weekend. 

since this is my first machine to do this (drop feed dogs) I'm at a loss on what else to do, can usually figure it out on my on but this has me stymied. 

anyone have suggestions?   

i

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Sat, May 25 2013 9:57 AM | Locked

Debbie:
since this is my first machine to do this (drop feed dogs) I'm at a loss on what else to do, can usually figure it out on my on but this has me stymied. 

Depending on the materials used in the manufacture of the machine it is quite possible that the mechanism that connects the feed dogs to the motor area has worn out and dropped. I am speaking from experience. I had a relatively inexpensive machine and the mechanism was plastic. Repairman told me he didn't see it happening often but it does happen.  I had used that machine hours on end daily for a number of years. After that DH got involved in my machine purchase and I became the owner of Singer 20U professional or industrial machine. The vital parts are all metal and made to withstand years and years of operation. The dealer didn't like selling it for home use because there was very little chance for any further sales or  yearly maintenance. I can service everything myself and after I learned it's differences in operation from my other machines I have had smooth sailing. Had a boo boo to fix last fall. Son undid the screw required, adjusted it and I was back in business. I've had it since 1998 and after one required adjustment in 2000 it hasn't left the house.

Whatever you do, if you choose not to have your machine repaired, is keep your additional feet and then purchase a machine with the same shank. Majority of machines are low shank and feet are very interchangeable between makes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Depending on the materials used in the manufacture of the machine it is quite possible that the mechanism that connects the feed dogs to the motor area has worn out and dropped.

Agnes - this is a brand new machine, probably haven't used it more than 10-20 hours.  I could see if it was old but not brand new!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Depending on the materials used in the manufacture of the machine it is quite possible that the mechanism that connects the feed dogs to the motor area has worn out and dropped.

Agnes - this is a brand new machine, probably haven't used it more than 10-20 hours.  I could see if it was old but not brand new!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 10:49 AM | Locked

CC, Tink is so cute, I bet even without his tale.  As for the "Adventures of Sneezy and Tink" how about Gini's DGS, Wil?  I remember him to be quite a story teller.

Gini, I miss your stories about Wil and Princess, how are they doing?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Sat, May 25 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Debbie, don't throw a shoe at me when I ask you this question, do you have the walking foot installed correctly?  The arm that sticks out on the right hand side of the foot has to be placed above one of the parts of your machine in order to work.  Forgive me if you already knew that but I make strange mistakes when I do some things, example, not putting the needle far enough into the groove and thinking I'd have to take Celeste in for repair.  :  )  My son figured that one out, when I asked for his help, in a nano second.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, May 25 2013 2:34 PM | Locked

CC, Tink tickles my toes!! There was a road kill skunk between us and  town, the other day. I pondered the alternate routes not wanting to partake in the smell of skunk. But, the only way to avoid it would take me miles not then I would have to double back, so passed Mr, Skunk will holding my nose. Yuck....

Found a picture in an  older quilt mag of a quilt I love and decided I could use some of the blocks to make a table runner. So, started working on that. After cutting templates, ironing on the fusible web, then to the fabric, and doing some machine applique, I am stopping to make some yo-yo's for the center of where the Fall leaves. intersect.  My neck is about broken from leaning over all morning and half the aft. I can make yo-yo's sitting in the recliner with my feet up.

Have a great Holiday weekend. 

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

Sukochi and Patti--your flowers are so pretty!   And your flower beds look so neat and trim and weeded. Mine are suffering from lack of attention this Spring.  But I did take a few pics before we have rain and wind later this weekend. 

The peonies have gotten taller and the blooms bigger than ever. Don't know what is going on with them this year, but they are huge.  The knockout roses are taller than the fence.  DH has asked if we can trim them back a bit to make mowing easier.

The yard is being neglected because we are working on this: 

If anyone wants a little exercise come on by...I can find a paint scrapper for you!  Of if you wait too long I can find a paint brush to share.  It's lots of fun!

But I have been slipping in just a little quilting of an evening.  Here are three of my latest blocks for a quilt I am working on.  I'm not liking the light gray background so that will probably change.

Patti, your crane is wonderful!  I'm anxious to see it all together.   

Judy, love your Lollipop Quilt!

Back to lurking.  Ya'll have a fun filled and safe holiday!    Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

I started planting my Secret Garden, then took pictures of all the flowers I have in bloom and with this  _____ new computer I can't find the new photos but can show you some from 2 weeks ago. Thursday Indy and I got most of the veggie garden in, but I'm waiting on some new grow bags to plant the cantalope in. Indy loves being in the garden. And we both can't wait for the Secret Garden to be finished....got to be patient.  Here's some flower photos.

This morning there was a fawn tucked up by my front steps and behind the spirea and hydrangea bushes. If I can find where the computer put today's photos I'll post them with the fawn.

I did a little sewing. Making mug rugs per a friend's request. I'm definately sitting up straight wearing this body brace. But I'm only suppose to wear it for a couple hours at a time. It isn't normal to sit up straight.....is it? It's actually time to take it off and then I'm either taking a nap or sewing whichever  comes first.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

Max your flowers are awesome. 

Think I'll pass on scraping and painting,  I'm ready to get my garden started.  just need to pick up seeds and/or plants.  Gonna put in a couple rows of okra, one of my favorite veggies, either fried or pickled or raw in a salad, nummy num num!

Roto tilled and ready to go, just need some garden soil added,  all the mess will be gone Monday.  I'm so lucky to have a very hard working young neighbor to do the heavy work for me.  To the left of the beds will be planted 5 4' tall Leland Cypress.  I'm so excited with all that we have accomplished this past week.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

Linda

Tell me about the cantaloupe bags,m I'm so wanting to do cantaloupes.  Such a yummy treat anytime.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sat, May 25 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Joni:

Linda

Tell me about the cantaloupe bags,m I'm so wanting to do cantaloupes.  Such a yummy treat anytime.

They are just regular garden grow bags. I ordered them thru Home Depot because the garden centers were too expensive. You just fill with garden soil and plant. I've used them for tomatoes for years now. So this year I'm going to try cantalopes and make a trellis with chicken wire to the fence (like an A-frame). I wanted to use an old ladder like I'd seen on Pintrest but I don't drive so can't get out to find one. I did plant some zucchini under a trellis to see if it will grow up it so the squash won't be on the ground. The rest I put in the garden tho. I do raised gardening so I don't have to bend. I plant the zucchini so it grows over the side. Just google  garden grow bags in Home Depot's search engine. There are 10 per pack.

Page 6 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use