Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #8

Page 5 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Fri, May 24 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

Good Morning Gang,    A bit of rain this morning but the rest of the holiday weekend is supposed to be beautiful. 

Nana,  I'm working on that MQ8 while my house cleaner is here.  She wants to do one too.  I'm going to give her the directions and she said if she gets into trouble, she knows I'm here to help her....lol

I've got to get my goodies put away that I bought while at Nana's.  I also spoke to DH and if everything goes well with his chemo, I'll be going back to Nana's in July.  There's Quilt Shop Rally (Shop Hop) going on and Nana has never done one (she doesn't know what she's missing).  I've done a lot of them and love them.  I've actually won a shop basket a few years ago.  HEAR THAT NANA??????????

Off I go to start lunch...

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,140
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 24 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

Besides my sewing on quilt I'm worrying about garden due to our temp dropping to 40 last night.  Have errands to run .  I didn't sleep good at all last night seen something on news and it bothered to the point of having nightmares what a world but enough said on that trying to keep my gossip limited to quilting and not the ways of the world.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 11:23 AM | Locked

In spite of my migraine yesterday, I was able to get a set of pillowcases done for the Boy Scout auction tomorrow evening.  I will be out of town, so I needed to get them done yesterday.  Let me tell you, that sewing machine was screaming at me!  At least, it felt like it was. I really hate migraines!  But I couldn't see well enough to do the binding on the table runner and I committed to making something for the auction.  I figured that the pillowcases would be easier.  And wouldn't you know it...I completely forgot to take a picture of them.

This morning I am feeling better.  It's a remnant migraine--kind of like a dull hangover--from the excess caffeine I consumed yesterday.  But I was able to get my binding stitched for the king-size quilt of my sister's.  I'm spending the weekend at her place, so I want to get it stitched on tonight.  I'm going to be extra careful and then machine stitch it completely.  It would take me MONTHS to hand tack it due to the size of the quilt.  Once I have it finished, I'll have her hubby help me get a good picture of it so I can share it.

I'm loving all the garden photos.  I have a tiny little deck and we can't have flower boxes on the railings at all.  I so miss having a yard, but I really don't want the headache of buying a house just so I can have a garden.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,285
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, May 24 2013 12:18 PM | Locked

Thanx everyone for the nice comments.....got the main blocks partly done today, have to add the corners yet, they are not sewn together yet that's why they look a little wonky, still have to make the side rectangles too. I keep bouncing back and forth between projects...I am also hand quilting my sister's queen size right now. I knew if I waited long enough I would find a project for jelly roll strips I got from Connecting Threads, they were perfect for cutting the arc pieces for the DWR...which I  will be giving away to a friend at work as a surprise.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, May 24 2013 2:40 PM | Locked

Tnmtgrl, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous, think I would get more done if I spent less time on the laptop and more sat at the sewing machine!

The weather here is very odd, today was decidedly chilly and I have had to put the heating back on. I did the supermarket run this afternoon so I can play all day tomorrow. I want to finish the lap quilt I made in our rugby team colours as we have a game on Sunday and if it's as cold as it has been today then I will need it. I had a piece of fleece I was going to use but it;s a fraction too small so I will go into town and get another piece.

We have a holiday weekend here so no work on Monday although I do have a rehearsal Monday evening so that will be a late night before work again on Tuesday.

Your gardens are all beautiful I will try and take a pic of mine this weekend.

Xxxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Fri, May 24 2013 5:48 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl, your quilt is going to be beautiful.  Wish I was the friend that was in line to get that surprise quilt.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Fri, May 24 2013 6:14 PM | Locked

Marie

I am glad that I was able to help you out with the bobbin problem.   We have all gotten spoiled by the new drop in bobbins and forget how the bobbin cases work...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Fri, May 24 2013 6:15 PM | Locked

Elaine

You should just come visit me along with Diana and we will shop hop together.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Fri, May 24 2013 6:15 PM | Locked

Diana

Woohoo....come on July.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 7:15 PM | Locked

Thanks Elaine and Weezee, I am too.  I still can't believe it was that new bobbin.  I can't see any difference to the other two in the package, which work.  Makes no sense to me because all of the bobbins are pressed in the same machine during manufacture, all look exactly the same but that one just doesn't work.  Oh well the machine is ready to make happy little quilty things so I'm not going to give it another thought, just be happy the problem wasn't with the machine.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 7:16 PM | Locked

Sukochi your rose and lily garden is beautiful!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Jen, your DWR is going to be gorgeous, love the colors!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635
Bethiebear replied on Fri, May 24 2013 7:21 PM | Locked

Buying a new sewing machine.  Interested in the Baby Loc Ellissimo or the Janome 12000.   Any one have a preference?  Why? 

I'm new to quilting ~ MQ8 was my first real quilt and I did ok with it.  Well, the quilt top anyway.  Haven't done anything else to it yet.   I'm techno savvy, yet lack in creativity.  Very interesting in the embroidering aspect of sewing, as well as being able to quilt.

Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

A couple of weeks ago(?) I made a elephant push pin that Dh promptly named "Sneezy". I'd intended him to go to a friend, but the kids put up such a fuss that Sneezy now graces the wall above my computer. Unfortunately, he's a little cross eyed and extremely camera shy, so i haven't got a pic for you...  BUT My bro heard about the paciderm at UnDad's funeral and suggested that I make him a friend... So here's " 'Tink"

Poor 'Tink. Shortly after I took her pic, Sprout scooped her up and dropped her. Her tail broke off. Who ever heard of a Skunk without a tail?? Poor Poor 'Tink.

(Someone should write a children's book about the adventures of Sneezy and Tink, Don't ya think? Any takers?? )

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:48 PM | Locked

Pretty, Sukochi!  My crocuses are finished and now I'm waiting on bleeding hearts and the woodland wildflowers.  I was in town all day today working at our garden club's plant sale / fundraiser.   The club is only two years old and this was our first plant sale.  We cleared $300 which I thought was pretty good for our first attempt at a sale event and for the cold/late spring which limited how many plants we could divide from our own gardens to sell.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 5 of 95 (1418 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use