Page 3 of 95 (1418 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,417 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:35 AM | Locked

Wow Nana! Your adventures surely have helped your LQS's and what beautiful fabrics!!!...I am looking forward to doing that soon with my middle daughter when I'm not caring for our two grandbabies while the parents work! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

BREAKTHROUGH  BREAKTHROUGH

Nana, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!  If you hadn't written to tell me that the bobbin case should not come out unless you use the little arm I'd have been here forever trying to figure it out.  I thought since Kitten was purring when I first got her let me think of what I changed.  Hmmm  When she arrived she had a rusty old bobbin in her so I went to Joanne's and bought a package of new bobbins which were labeled for the 221 and looked exactly like the old rusted one, measured the same, etc.  Well I put the old rusted one back in the bobbin case and away she went purring like a Kitten.  It locked in place and never came away from the bobbin base until I took it out by the little arm.  Problem solved except that I'll have to see why that bobbin didn't work.  

Have any of you featherweight owners used a new bobbin that you've bought recently?  Please let me know and beware if you have the same problem as I've been having with the bobbin case not locking in properly.  

Help from you gals and persistence RULES!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,393
Marie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 11:32 AM | Locked

Nana and Diana, what a haul!  Great fabrics, can't wait to see what you make with it.  Nana, can't believe your thinking about our next MQ.  I hope to make MQ8 at some point, I love, love the pattern!  Maybe that will be the first project on Kitten, I'm so excited to be able to use her now.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, May 23 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

Wow Nana what a fabulous haul.

I am trying to decide what to do with the jelly roll I bought to make my Godson's quilt. /need something quick and easy as his birthday is next month. For some silly reason I made my goddaughters and her birthday is in July. Got it the wrong way round. So off to see what I can find in my stash which seems to be growing but not diminishing as life seems to get in the way.

Love to you all hope you are all well.

xxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, May 23 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Nancy

Diana lives about 4 hours from me.  She is further south on I-81.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, May 23 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

I ended up making a stencil for nephews quilt.  Iput the fmq foot on and made a outline of design yin yang which takes up most the block but i didn't use contrasting thread so it is hard to see.  Then i've got the question of what to do for quilting elsewhere, but at least i've made a start on it.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Thu, May 23 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

Nana,   I called and your phone went straight to voice mail.....   I made it home just after 2:00.  Safe and sound.  I would have been home a bit sooner, but accident and traffic tie up near the state line.  Only a short drizzle of rain too.  No downpours to hold me up, either.   I had a great time and I was able to get in here to QCA with no problem on my laptop.  Maybe today is a good day for me....lol

Can't wait to do it again.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,265
Linda replied on Thu, May 23 2013 2:29 PM | Locked

Nana:
ello ladies.   The shop hoppin' ladies are done for the day. Got lots more goodies and really helped Virginia's economy.   Then went to Outback Steak house for a fantastic dinner....yummy.
Ladies, after seeing the pictures of your purchases, I would like to go shopping just in your purchases I see a lot that I like and could use. And The Outback sounds yummy...haven't been there in ages. Glad you all had a fun day.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, May 23 2013 3:17 PM | Locked

Marie, Look again at your old Bobbin in comparison to the new ones you purchased. I know that on my old Singers, new bobbins don't work because they are ever so slightly different. If I remember correctly the new ones dome out just a tiny bit, and have a notch for the bobbin winder that the originals did not have. It's been so long since I fired up an old one that I've forgotten exactly what the issue is... :-S

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Thu, May 23 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

Marie:
 Problem solved except that I'll have to see why that bobbin didn't work.  

Hey Marie,

Some of the newer bobbins look like they should work but are too wide where the thread wraps on for the original bobbin holder.  I inherited mine from my mother and have plenty.  If you would like  I would be glad to gift you some older bobbins.  Just send me a PM.  We can work something out I 'm sure.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:20 PM | Locked

Just got home and took a picture of the pestemon and iris in our garden.  Now tell me, what is wrong with this picture?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:24 PM | Locked

first thing wrong is there was no picture.   Here it is.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:44 PM | Locked

Nana &Diane you guys really did have a super shopping trip.  I wrote down the name of the one package Quick Gifts to try to find.  Everything looks so nice.  Do you just guess at how much fabric to purchase or did you have certain projects in mind.  You make me want to get out and get some new stash.  First I guess I need to clean out the room of doom to find my machine & fabrics. ha

Thanks for sharing the photos.  Sure looks like a fun day.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

Patti I don't see anything wrong in the pic.  The flowers are gorgeous unless it is the snow on the top of the mountains.  Is the snow always there this time of year?

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:09 PM | Locked

you are right Joyce.  The flowers are a couple weeks early, and the snow (it snowed last night) is a few weeks late. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 3 of 95 (1418 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use