[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:22 AM

gini:

France's, I think one long arm is enough,  I just need to reach the top shelf and one arm should do the trick.

Gini,

This conjours up such a picture :-))

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:45 PM

MNnancy:

I'm with Angele...

TIME!

I have the other two items on your list, Angele.  Want to come to my house and play?

YES Nancy, I would love to go and play...unfortunately, school is only done June 21st.  Sigh!!! One ofthesedays though...

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:53 PM

Agnes:

I used to have the wish and then the actuality of a dedicated sewing room for many years. I am going the circle and I am back to sewing areas spread throughout the normal rooms. I opted for less housework so that meant I gave up my sewing room when I made my last move.

I really have no quilting wish list. My wish is that I don't lose any more family members any time soon and I actually have people that are dear to me that I can gift with quilts.

I am with you on that one Agnes. I lost two Aunts in one week! I know they were getting up in years but I find it very hard that I can't be home when this happens.

for now I am blessed with a healthy family, parents and siblings. As every one is getting older I know that my turn will come to have way more losses than I think my heart can hold.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 593
Points 9,425
Joyce replied on Thu, May 23 2013 6:54 PM

Frances I like your ideal of the gremlins to sort out the sewing room I would settle for just great. ha 

Joyce

Maryland

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 593
Points 9,425
Joyce replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:10 PM

Agnes & Angele:  I agree with both of you.  I lost my mom in March, she lived with us for 2 years so I didn't get much sewing done in that time.  My favorite quilting lady passed away last fall also so I have lost most of my umph to do quilting/sewing.  However getting on here and seeing all the fabrics & quilts I'm getting motivated again.  First I have my DGS getting ready to graduate on June 13th and since he has lived with us since he was 2 we are having a open house graduation party for him.  Now I have been busy trying to get thru all the clutter and mess that hasn't been paid attention to for the past 2 years.  I'm starting to panic a bit.  Also the fact that I have 2 pinched nerves in my lower back isn't helping either.  On the other hand all this sure keeps me hopping.  But I hope in July things will settle a bit and I can find my sewing machine and get the motivation to sew again.  Thanks for listening.

Joyce

Maryland the home of the Blue Crab

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,993
Marie replied on Thu, May 23 2013 8:11 PM

Joyce, so sorry for your loss.  Losing a mom is so sad no matter the age.  T & P coming your way.  I'm so glad you're getting back your motivation to sew again, maybe you'll join in on the Fall MQ.  Congrats to your DGS on his graduation and have fun at his open house party, don't stress.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:05 PM

Marie and Leslie

Consider yourselves hereby KICKED IN THE BUTT>   Now get to sewing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:07 PM

Angele:
.unfortunately, school is only done June 21st.  Sigh!!!

That's when our school is over too.  I feel your pain, Angele.  Maybe summer will bring more time to play?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 45

I have all the machines, fabrics and room I need. Now I would like to own my own quilt shop.  I am hoping someday soon!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:17 AM

Hope you get your dream Flowerchild.  We have one for sale near here in Twisp, WA.  It's a great place to live!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,993
Marie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 6:53 PM

Nana:

Marie and Leslie

Consider yourselves hereby KICKED IN THE BUTT>   Now get to sewing.

OUCH!  Did you have to kick that hard Nana!  Just kidding, thanks for that kick.  Just got back from  a dear friend's daughter's funeral.  It was an all day deal as you can see.  Viewing, church, cemetery, back to the house for meal.  A friend and I went to the house to set up after church so no cemetery for us.  Cleaned up and just got home a while ago.  No quilting for me tonight.  Just a nice cup of hot tea and kick back and watch TV.  Nana, I think that kick was hard enough to get me going tomorrow, hopefully.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, May 24 2013 8:02 PM

Marie

Big hugs coming your way.   That is no way to have to spend a day.  Prayers for your friend and her family.  Hopefully that kick will carry through till tomorrow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:18 PM

Mimi:

Angele:
.unfortunately, school is only done June 21st.  Sigh!!!

That's when our school is over too.  I feel your pain, Angele.  Maybe summer will bring more time to play?

I will spend the first three weeks with my parents to help care for them. At 97 and 90, they are still in their home with quite a bit of assistance. So during those weeks I take over and give the others a break. iI've been doing this for about six years. And it is getting harder emotionally every year.  This is truly when I miss being close.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:22 PM

Marie, that is a very hard day. I know how your friend is touched by what you and the friend did for her. Those are the things that make friendships unique. I hope  things will go well for you .

Angèle  from NWO

Page 3 of 4 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use