Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,785
Jenia Posted: Mon, May 20 2013 3:49 PM

My wish list keeps growing as I research my new hobby more and more.  I find that this new passion is more than just needle and thread, but my list is pretty basic.

Now that my Barnett Laptop Hoop has arrived, I can be onto the next nice wish list thing.

An OTT light

A Roxanne Thimble

Valdani Variegated Thread in several different color options

I'm curious what others wish for, perhaps there's something I can add to my growing list of things to save up for.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Mon, May 20 2013 4:12 PM

My wish list:

Singer Featherweight, circa 1949

Long Arm (I have a midarm, but find it is now hampering my creativity).

A bigger house to put everything in, including a dedicated sewing room that is at least 20 X 30 feet with building in cabinets along one wall and super lighting.

I think I could go on forever and ever with this list....

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 20 2013 4:17 PM

Oh, what Karla wants!!! Me, too.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Karla:

My wish list:

Singer Featherweight, circa 1949

Long Arm.....

A bigger house to put everything in, including a dedicated sewing room that is at least 20 X 30 feet with building in cabinets along one wall and super lighting.

Yup Karla, that about sums it up. Except a bigger house. I like my little home that doesn't take a lot of housework. If I had a long or mid-arm, the dinning area would become an extension of my sewing room. I'd toss out the dinning table in a heartbeat. But, I am happy that I at least have a dedicated room for my sewing machine and fabrics even though a corner of the room is my business office. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Mon, May 20 2013 9:03 PM

I want a new older pfaff machine, but i'd never turn down a free long arm that you could load quilting designs in.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Mon, May 20 2013 9:10 PM

Oh what would be on my wish list....hmmm first time, time to do all the projects in my head and on my list. Then shelves to store my stash, and I would love a featherweight. Well that one is in my dreams.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 20 2013 9:41 PM

I'm with Angele...

TIME!

I have the other two items on your list, Angele.  Want to come to my house and play?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, May 20 2013 10:40 PM

I would like a fabric shop just round the corner that sells half price fabric all the time.

A long arm machine (never gonna happen in my lifetime)

A domestic machine with a long throat

A cutting table that doesnt make my back ache to use it.

And a bunch of gremlins to come and sort out my sewing room and make it wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Mon, May 20 2013 10:47 PM

I want more time and energy, always more fabric, a sitdown longarm would be nice, and....and....and...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400

I'm with everyone else. I want more time. Part of my wishlist is a new domestic sewing machine with a long throat. Unlimited thread. And my back to stop hurting so that I can quilt longer. Sometime this year I will be getting and custom built table that husband will be making to put my quilt on while I am FMQing. I would also love all the toys and tools I could ever need to quilt with.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,486
Points 21,985
Susie replied on Tue, May 21 2013 9:09 AM

Right now, I would be THRILLED with a room just for my sewing that doesn't have the buffet, my dresser, the futon & swing, computer desk, etc. 

More practically, I would love some new pins!  Mine are soooo old (from when I was doing clothes) and I am throwing out about every third I grab.  I also want the traingulations program for hsts.  My friend showed me hers and I fell in love with it!

I will soon be shopping for a new machine.  I can't decide if I really like the Berninas or Janomes better.  I'll have to go play with them to see what I like.  Darn--that means LQS runs...what a chore, lol!

Someday, I want a longarm as well.

Boy, we quilters sound like the little kids in line to see Santa!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,785
Jenia replied on Tue, May 21 2013 9:20 AM

Wow, you guys all have such wonderful ideas...pretend you are in line for Santa!

I would also love more time...I have so many ideas in my head, but only a limited amount of time.  Working full time and quilting in the evenings along with all the other activities is definitely a time muncher.  We also have a house that badly needs many home improvements so the weekend days are always eaten up with home improvement.  So not much rest for the quilter is there?

I would also like a cutting table that doesn't make my back hurt.  Is there such a thing?  I suppose something higher than the desk I use now would help to not be stooping over it.  I just can't seem to sit and cut, it just seems like a task that needs to be done standing.

Keep those ideas coming, it's so neat to hear about what ya'll would like someday

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Tue, May 21 2013 9:39 AM

Most that are wishing for a higher cutting table may have the right height in their house. It's called the kitchen counter. They are generally 36" tall rather than 30" that is table height. I'm a short person and if I am cutting for a project I cut in the kitchen. If the height works for you then depending on your table you use for cutting it might not be difficult to raise the legs. I have seen, and also done so myself on occasion, various items used as table risers. They have included: blocks of wood, empty food tins, stacks of books. When I first started quilting my cutting table was on top of the portable dishwasher. A house or two later I had a peninsula in the kitchen. My current counter is just against a wall so not as nice but still very doable.

I used to have the wish and then the actuality of a dedicated sewing room for many years. I am going the circle and I am back to sewing areas spread throughout the normal rooms. I opted for less housework so that meant I gave up my sewing room when I made my last move.

I really have no quilting wish list. My wish is that I don't lose any more family members any time soon and I actually have people that are dear to me that I can gift with quilts.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 280
Points 5,325
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, May 21 2013 10:54 AM

Jenia:

Wow, you guys all have such wonderful ideas...pretend you are in line for Santa!

I would also love more time...I have so many ideas in my head, but only a limited amount of time.  Working full time and quilting in the evenings along with all the other activities is definitely a time muncher.  We also have a house that badly needs many home improvements so the weekend days are always eaten up with home improvement.  So not much rest for the quilter is there?

I would also like a cutting table that doesn't make my back hurt.  Is there such a thing?  I suppose something higher than the desk I use now would help to not be stooping over it.  I just can't seem to sit and cut, it just seems like a task that needs to be done standing.

Keep those ideas coming, it's so neat to hear about what ya'll would like someday

Go to Walmart and buy bed risers...put them under each leg of the table and you have a cutting table at the perfect height. 

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,785
Jenia replied on Tue, May 21 2013 11:09 AM

Agnes, what a great idea - it never ever occurred to me to use the kitchen counter...wonderful idea!

The risers are out of the question on my normal cutting desk.  It's a 200 year old solid tiger oak desk with a glass top that weights 400 pounds!  Believe me we are the only ones crazy enough to purchase this desk from an estate sale at a very huge bargain.  We had to design a special dolly and wench system to get it in the house.  It's not moving from the spot its in in my lifetime!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use