Top 10 Posters

Questions for everyone!! NEWBIES Included!!!

Page 4 of 4 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 57 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kathy D.....meant to mention how beautiful your quilt is and beautiful quilting, also.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:19 PM

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on my quilt.  That is my husband's favourite quilt and it hangs behind the pool table.  Hmmm, just read back on my original post.  I think I got a bit mushy - please excuse me.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:23 PM

No worries Kathy, mushy is good.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Kim,

Welcome to the QCA forums, and thanks for letting us in on your thoughts about quilting.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 5:43 PM

Okey-Doh

!. As a quilter , I wish I could make a quilt for every poor child in the world.

2. My favorite part of quilting is the conception, finding a pattern or fabric that just speaks to you.

3. If you saw my stash, you would notice that I am drawn to 1930's colors

4. I find myself drawn to (see above)

5. My favorite colors are reds and blues because they are bright and patriotic.

6. Colors I rarely use are browns and greens because browns are depressing and I have never looked good in green, or wrapped up in it.

7. I challenge myself by trying new challenges, like the Mystery Quilt.

8.My favorite quilt I've made is the very first one. I took a class at the LQS and made a quilt for my newborn Grand, Isabela, who is now 6.

9.Outside my quilting, one wonderful thing about me is, hmmm, my family has always come first in my life.(and I have pretty blue eyes, or so they tell me)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,546
Points 139,293
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 6:52 PM

1. As a quilter I wish I could create something magnificent and bring it to fruition.

2. My favorite part of quilting is the anticipation and excitement I get when I have the pattern and all the fabrics picked out.

3. If you saw my stash you  would notice that I know no boundaries. I'm not locked into any one color scheme, style of fabrics, or theme.

4. I find myself drawn to tools and new ideas. I love to try new tools or a different way of doing something. 

5. My favorite colors are: I'm especially fond of purple, magenta and greens. I think they bring to mind beautiful flowers.

6. Grays, Boring!   

7. I challenge myself by taking on difficult patterns to improve my skills.

8. My favorite quilt is the first I ever made. It was king size and took me two years to complete. There were over 1000 cut pieces in it and when I finished it I was so proud. I did it all by hand. I could see better then.LOL

9. One wonderful thing about me is that through all the struggles I had in my youth I made up my mind that I would be a great mother and that my son would always come first (after God). I didn't realize I had accomplished that until I found out  that he had written a paper about me for school as "The person he admired most." Still brings a tear to my eye.  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:12 PM

Stephanie:
I didn't realize I had accomplished that until I found out  that he had written a paper about me for school as "The person he admired most." Still brings a tear to my eye

how cool is that.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:50 PM

Stephanie

It is awesome that your son feels that way.  You definitely did something right....WTG.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:25 PM

Stephanie:
Still brings a tear to my eye.  

...and to mine Stephanie.  You have obviously raised a beautiful young man.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 40
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:42 PM

1. As a quilter, I wish I could find more time on my sewing machine.

2. My favorite part of quilting is making beautiful colorful fabric into wonderful patterns and designs.

3. If you saw my stash, you would notice I don't have much fabric on hand. . . yet.

4. I find myself drawn to flowers on the fabrics.

5. My favorite colors are naturals, pinks, reds, oranges, blues, lavenders, yellows, (I could go on and on) because they remind me of nature.Our hills in Kernville are covered with these same colors right now. Spring is here!

6. Colors I rarely use are plain colors because I prefer flowered and patterned fabrics, and plain colors seem to show my mistakes more readily.

7. I challenge myself by learning new techniques and trying harder patterns.

8. My favorite quilt I've made is a Magic Vine quilt from Eleanor Burns' book because it was easy to complete, included appliqued flowers which I love, and brought together great fabric and design.

9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is I make handmade glass beads, many with flowers (are you noticing a theme here?)

Thanks for asking these questions. As a newbie, I am finding this group wonderfully helpful and fun.

Patti

Kernville, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:24 PM

Patti

I see that you are new to the site and just wanted to welcome you. Hope you enjoy and will chat with us frequently.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 166
Points 4,190
Janie replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:02 AM

1. As a quilter, I wish I could...learn to be a better quilter (I piece my quilts, and my sister quilts them)

2. My favorite part of quilting is...picking out the fabrics

3. If you saw my stash, you would notice...I have more fabric then I will ever be able to use

4. I find myself drawn to...warm color fabrics, gadgets, and books

5. My favorite colors are... because...autumn colors because they are so warm feeling

6. Colors I rarely use are... because...purple and blue and I haven't figured out yet why I choose not to use them as much

7. I challenge myself by...trying new techniques

8. My favorite quilt I've made is... because...a Pam Bono flower quilt because the colors are beautiful and it was challenging

9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is...I am loyal

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:13 AM

1. As a quilter, I wish I could... Finish as fast as I can imagine

2. My favorite part of quilting is...Creating designs

3. If you saw my stash, you would notice...It's hidden under my bed

4. I find myself drawn to...Brights

5. My favorite colors are... Brights because...they remind me of happy children

6. Colors I rarely use are... "Cottage colors" (Thimbleberries colors)  because...I find them stale to work with. Yet, They are the same colors I love to see in my home....LOL

7. I challenge myself by...Alwasys finishing what I start...even if it's YEARS later!

8. My favorite quilt I've made is... because...Oh Gosh! You mean I have to pick one!?? Um..The mega brights I made withthe kids. Or the piggy quilt I made for hubby--the one with the marjuana leaves print. LOL

9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is... You can put me down, but you can't make me stay!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 4 of 4 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use