Kathy D.....meant to mention how beautiful your quilt is and beautiful quilting, also.
North of Boston MA
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on my quilt. That is my husband's favourite quilt and it hangs behind the pool table. Hmmm, just read back on my original post. I think I got a bit mushy - please excuse me.
"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"
No worries Kathy, mushy is good.
Welcome to the QCA forums, and thanks for letting us in on your thoughts about quilting.
!. As a quilter , I wish I could make a quilt for every poor child in the world.
2. My favorite part of quilting is the conception, finding a pattern or fabric that just speaks to you.
3. If you saw my stash, you would notice that I am drawn to 1930's colors
4. I find myself drawn to (see above)
5. My favorite colors are reds and blues because they are bright and patriotic.
6. Colors I rarely use are browns and greens because browns are depressing and I have never looked good in green, or wrapped up in it.
7. I challenge myself by trying new challenges, like the Mystery Quilt.
8.My favorite quilt I've made is the very first one. I took a class at the LQS and made a quilt for my newborn Grand, Isabela, who is now 6.
9.Outside my quilting, one wonderful thing about me is, hmmm, my family has always come first in my life.(and I have pretty blue eyes, or so they tell me)
1. As a quilter I wish I could create something magnificent and bring it to fruition.
2. My favorite part of quilting is the anticipation and excitement I get when I have the pattern and all the fabrics picked out.
3. If you saw my stash you would notice that I know no boundaries. I'm not locked into any one color scheme, style of fabrics, or theme.
4. I find myself drawn to tools and new ideas. I love to try new tools or a different way of doing something.
5. My favorite colors are: I'm especially fond of purple, magenta and greens. I think they bring to mind beautiful flowers.
6. Grays, Boring!
7. I challenge myself by taking on difficult patterns to improve my skills.
8. My favorite quilt is the first I ever made. It was king size and took me two years to complete. There were over 1000 cut pieces in it and when I finished it I was so proud. I did it all by hand. I could see better then.LOL
9. One wonderful thing about me is that through all the struggles I had in my youth I made up my mind that I would be a great mother and that my son would always come first (after God). I didn't realize I had accomplished that until I found out that he had written a paper about me for school as "The person he admired most." Still brings a tear to my eye.
Stephanie: I didn't realize I had accomplished that until I found out that he had written a paper about me for school as "The person he admired most." Still brings a tear to my eye
how cool is that. gini
gini in north idaho
It is awesome that your son feels that way. You definitely did something right....WTG.
Stephanie: Still brings a tear to my eye.
...and to mine Stephanie. You have obviously raised a beautiful young man.
1. As a quilter, I wish I could find more time on my sewing machine.
2. My favorite part of quilting is making beautiful colorful fabric into wonderful patterns and designs.
3. If you saw my stash, you would notice I don't have much fabric on hand. . . yet.
4. I find myself drawn to flowers on the fabrics.
5. My favorite colors are naturals, pinks, reds, oranges, blues, lavenders, yellows, (I could go on and on) because they remind me of nature.Our hills in Kernville are covered with these same colors right now. Spring is here!
6. Colors I rarely use are plain colors because I prefer flowered and patterned fabrics, and plain colors seem to show my mistakes more readily.
7. I challenge myself by learning new techniques and trying harder patterns.
8. My favorite quilt I've made is a Magic Vine quilt from Eleanor Burns' book because it was easy to complete, included appliqued flowers which I love, and brought together great fabric and design.
9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is I make handmade glass beads, many with flowers (are you noticing a theme here?)
Thanks for asking these questions. As a newbie, I am finding this group wonderfully helpful and fun.
I see that you are new to the site and just wanted to welcome you. Hope you enjoy and will chat with us frequently.
1. As a quilter, I wish I could...learn to be a better quilter (I piece my quilts, and my sister quilts them)
2. My favorite part of quilting is...picking out the fabrics
3. If you saw my stash, you would notice...I have more fabric then I will ever be able to use
4. I find myself drawn to...warm color fabrics, gadgets, and books
5. My favorite colors are... because...autumn colors because they are so warm feeling
6. Colors I rarely use are... because...purple and blue and I haven't figured out yet why I choose not to use them as much
7. I challenge myself by...trying new techniques
8. My favorite quilt I've made is... because...a Pam Bono flower quilt because the colors are beautiful and it was challenging
9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is...I am loyal
1. As a quilter, I wish I could... Finish as fast as I can imagine
2. My favorite part of quilting is...Creating designs
3. If you saw my stash, you would notice...It's hidden under my bed
4. I find myself drawn to...Brights
5. My favorite colors are... Brights because...they remind me of happy children
6. Colors I rarely use are... "Cottage colors" (Thimbleberries colors) because...I find them stale to work with. Yet, They are the same colors I love to see in my home....LOL
7. I challenge myself by...Alwasys finishing what I start...even if it's YEARS later!
8. My favorite quilt I've made is... because...Oh Gosh! You mean I have to pick one!?? Um..The mega brights I made withthe kids. Or the piggy quilt I made for hubby--the one with the marjuana leaves print. LOL
9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is... You can put me down, but you can't make me stay!
Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.