Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 614
Points 10,610
zoetc49 Posted: Sat, May 18 2013 4:27 PM

Hi All,

Some of you may recall that I made a quilt for a guy I like- not sure if anything will come of it, but I still wanted to do it. He is recently divorced and even told me that he is not wanting to get into a relationship with anyone at this time. So, I am good there. He has a business that I use, this is how we got to be friends.

What I plan to do is do a rhyming game to give him clues on what he will get later.  I am planning to send a clue each month with a rhyme. What do you think? I also got a picture of a clue game and then cards of each clue person.  I am sure I will have more fun than he will, but this way I am not just dropping off a quilt I made for him, he will be wondering ( or not) till then,  

What do you all think?  The first one I will send a towel that has some of the fabric I used in the quilt. 

This is the first one. 

This is the beginning of what is to come; I hope this does not seem too dumb.  Five months from now you might say “wow”, you might even say “holly cow”. Each month till then, I will give you a clue. It will be up to you to decide what to do. Try to figure it out or wait to see, oh my what could it be? …  This girl knows I am too busy for this, why oh why does she insist?  

In this towel there is a clue, it is up to you to see this through. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830

That's a cute idea. Just be careful not to be pushing too much. He said he doesn't want a relationship and what you're planning may come across as you trying to begin one. Go easy.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 614
Points 10,610
zoetc49 replied on Sat, May 18 2013 10:58 PM

Thank you, I am open to thoughts.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 614
Points 10,610
zoetc49 replied on Sat, May 18 2013 11:31 PM

I was thinking more about what you said and I think I will change the last clue to not add a place to meet up. Your right about how this might come across. I recall another guy told me, let him come to you. So after he gets the quilt, it will be up to him to say something...and if he does not then, well he does not.

Thanks for your input.    

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,680
Diana replied on Sun, May 19 2013 6:03 AM

I don't want to sound harsh, but it's the man who does the chasing.  He's just recently been hurt by a divorce and may not be in any kind of mood to play any games.  He's told you he doesn't want to start any kind of relationship.  I would stay away for a while or just give the quilt without the game.  You may be pushing him further away than making him feel warm and fuzzy.  Just my own thoughts.  I've been married to the same man for almost 45 years so I may be totally behind the times in the dating games.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sun, May 19 2013 10:24 AM

Diana:

I don't want to sound harsh, but it's the man who does the chasing.  He's just recently been hurt by a divorce and may not be in any kind of mood to play any games.  He's told you he doesn't want to start any kind of relationship.  I would stay away for a while or just give the quilt without the game.  You may be pushing him further away than making him feel warm and fuzzy.  Just my own thoughts.  I've been married to the same man for almost 45 years so I may be totally behind the times in the dating games.

Diana in East Tn.

I have to agree with Diana. Being a divorced woman after being married for over 22 years, I know that this would be very very creepy to me, instead of just try to start a normal type of relationship of just becoming friends and letting him deciding when the time would be right. The quilt can wait until he is ready to receive that kind of gift. He may never be ready to. Then you have ruined your business contact as well. If he is not then donate it the cancer unit at the hospital. Sorry.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 614
Points 10,610
zoetc49 replied on Sun, May 19 2013 3:41 PM

Why is it that Men are the ones that are supposed to chase? Are we as woman just supposed to fall for a man only if the man likes us? I know any guy that I have shown interest in have always enjoyed getting to know me more. Several have wanted to marry me, but I did not want to.

Oh, well I will keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830

zoetc49,  a difference of opinion with another member shouldn't keep you from expressing yourself or asking for advice. It's only a difference of opinion! I've been a widow for almost 20 years. Most of those years I spent raising my daughters. The past few years, now that my daughters are on their own, I've dated a few men. With some of them, I was the one who made the first attempt. I've been dating a man for over 2 yrs now- great guy! I was the one who made the first move and he and I are both very happy that I did. Just please, for your own sake, don't go any faster than the man is open to. You may end up scaring him away. Be his friend and let whatever is meant to happen, happen.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sun, May 19 2013 7:40 PM

zoetc49, I do not think anyone here was meaning, especially me to offend you. But like Carol said for your own sake don't go any faster than the man is open to or you will chase him away. I too have been in a few relationships since my divorce. I have made the first move in the one I am currently in. This has been the best relationship yet, but we have taken it very very slow and did not play any games up front to get to this point no matter how cute they may seem. This way there was no way that we could have chased the other off,  We started just as friends only and let it go from there.   We are not here to police your relationship however, it is your choice.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:38 PM

zoetc49

I think gifting the quilt with a note something about you thinking about him and the quilt is your way to give him a hug when he needs it without the clue game would be awesome.   With him being fresh from a divorce the "game" may push him away.   Be a really good friend for now and let the future build as it will.   Good luck.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 614
Points 10,610
zoetc49 replied on Sun, May 19 2013 9:28 PM

Thank you...

I have known him for five years and over this time we have become friends. I will think about what  each of you all have said.  

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use