Hello from Duluth, MN

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 230
alane Posted: Sun, May 12 2013 11:56 AM

I have been quilting for a very long time but have been on a hiatus to pursue other crafty interests.

Now I'm super excited to get back to what I really love!!! I've missed it so!

I've already purchased fabric for some simple new projects (to get myself back into the groove) and I am so excited to get going!

One of the reasons I stopped quilting was that I had a hard time connecting with other quilters. It's a bit more isolated here and got even worse when my favorite shop moved farther out of town. I'm happy to have this forum to get to know others even if it is online!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:51 PM

Alane, welcome from another MN quilter!  There will be thousands of us heading to your city for the MN Quilt Show this summer.  You are going, I'm sure!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 2:43 PM

Welcome Alane!  You made the right choice to connect with other quilters, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, May 13 2013 7:01 PM

Welcome, Alane.  I had the same problem with no quilters that I knew in this area, and no really close guild, closest one over 30 miles away and in the evening.  I don't really like to drive after dark because of the glare, so this site was a Godsend.  This last March I was even able to meet many of them when I attended one of the member sponsored retreats in Branson, MO.  Now I really, really enjoy this site as I count many of the members my friends.  I think you will like it here.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome Alane. You will love it here. I'm a lone quilter also. I live in the mountains and I'm with Karla. I don't like drive at night. Age is creeping in. The only other quilters I know are on this site. Again, welcome.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 13 2013 9:45 PM

Karla:
This last March I was even able to meet many of them when I attended one of the member sponsored retreats in Branson, MO.  Now I really, really enjoy this site as I count many of the members my friends.

Ditto!   :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, May 14 2013 12:52 PM

Karla:
I had the same problem with no quilters that I knew in this area, and no really close guild

Welcome Alane :)  Glad you found this group.

Karla, I have the same problem here in Las Vegas.  There are only a couple quilt shops and I've heard of only one guild that meets at an inconvenient time for me.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 230
alane replied on Tue, May 14 2013 8:22 PM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am so happy to have found such a welcoming place full of ready friends :)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use