Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara Posted: Fri, May 10 2013 8:42 AM

HI everyone  I have been working faithfully on quilting the first  Craftsy BOM  Sampler , but I have not seen anyone else taking part. What happen to everyone that was interested in doing this project?  If the members in  this group are no longer interested in working on their FMQ 'ing I may close the group down .,as it is no fun doing it by myself.  SO if any of you are interested please go to groups and sign up , if you are new to FMQ and want to start at the very beginning , just let me know and we can start a new project for newbies. I just need to see some participation . Thanks  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

Sorry Barbara, I am one of the AWOL fmqers. When my son and his family moved in with me I lost my sewing room and wasn't able to do too much. They finally moved out and I am in the process of moving all my stuff again. I did finish a quilt for my other son and dil. In the process of moving I found 8 completed tops. Aaaccckkk! One of them is the Craftsy BOM. I started watching the class again to get motivated. Soooo, I plan to get back to the group unless you decide to shut it down. I will need at least a week to rearrange the sewing room and get the top sandwiched.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, May 10 2013 5:48 PM

Pat, I wili not shut it down if I even have one member taking part, As of right now I'm the only person that has worked o anything in 4 months .I was just getting alittle discouraged . As I thought there were many members who wanted to do this.   So I look forward to you coming back with us. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

Hi Barb. I was participating until Feb when I finished my FMQ sampler. Then I had to pack up my sewing studio and turn it back into a dining room so we can sell our house. I am following along in spirit, even though I can't participate physically. Keep the faith.

Oh yeah, somebody buy our house so I can have my quilting life back!

Denise Smart

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, May 10 2013 6:28 PM

Denise , good to know you sold your house,  I've missed you taking part. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,295

Rats I must have phrased it badly. Nobody has bought the house yet. I am still sewing on a rickety card table in the guest bedroom. Sigh.

Hoping to move to Fayetteville Arkansas area. Anybody near there?

Denise Smart

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:48 PM

Barbara- I am just starting the 2012 and 2013 craftsy BOM and watching Leah Day on YouTube and her website.  The few times I had checked the FMQ group there was nothing happening but I will start participating now that you all are back in there.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Fri, May 10 2013 8:49 PM

Barbara, I'm one of the ones who need to apologize! I had planned to do the FMQ with you all, but work and life got in the way.  I'm trying to do some UFOs and am doing some FMQ just not on the Crastsy BOM.  I check on the site once in a while to see your work. If there's a way to add about six extra hours a day with energy...I'm sure I could do it all!!!  For now I just have to make choices.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:08 AM

Thanks to all of you for at least letting me know your there,  I have barely heard form any of you and it kinda gets discouraging when I know you all are out there,  and wanting to do this , Just keep intouch and let me know how things are going .   this will help me a lot .. Barbara. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:46 AM

Barbara:

Thanks to all of you for at least letting me know your there,  I have barely heard form any of you and it kinda gets discouraging when I know you all are out there,  and wanting to do this , Just keep intouch and let me know how things are going .   this will help me a lot .. Barbara. 

HI Barbara, I am sorry I have not been around much. My DD is moving out of the house so I have been spending alot of time getting her read to move this Tuesday. Along with making her a going away quilt/gift. I have also had a few other turbulent things going on and just lost touch with things. However I did try a FMQ during the last few qeeks and have found your head must be in the game or it does NOT turn out right. LOL  I promise after Tuesday things should be calmer and I will be back in full swing.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

Barbara, now don't throw anything at me, but I did some fmq today. It took at least 5 minutes. LOL

It is for my darling 19 mo old granddaughter. I also spent time looking for a backing for the Craftsy BOM. So far, no go. I still don't have all my boxes unpacked but am trying to bolster myself in case I have to go shopping.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Sat, May 11 2013 2:54 PM

Pat, this is soooo cute, love the monkeys!!!!!!  Great quilting too!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,149
Points 15,745
Erin replied on Sat, May 11 2013 3:44 PM

Pat, that monkey fabric is so cute!! I love it.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, May 11 2013 9:59 PM

My best friend lives in Fayetteville, but alas, she is not a quilter.  She raises miniature horses and shows them and has a whole menagerie of animals that seem to take all of her time.  We visited with her after the Branson retreat in March.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, May 12 2013 8:08 AM

Pat ,it looks good , and I'm not throwing anything at you ,LOL  I'm just happy to see you doing FMQing.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use