Half Square Triangle block template/ruler set

Page 3 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935

I'm right there with you!  I've got a couple of rulers/templates I bought just about a year ago that are still in the wrappers!  I started a notebook a while back with plastic sleeves in it to keep instructions that come with rulers and templates, etc.  I'm a sucker for a tool demo but as will the squareup triangle ruler... I forgot I had it and/or how to use it.  Turns out I did keep the instructions and pulled them out the other day.  Another thing I've learned is that many of the manufacturers have tutorial videos on their website or you can find one on youtube if you've forgotten why you bought it in the first place.

Maybe I'll take those unwrapped rulers/templates to the quilt retreat next month!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Wed, May 8 2013 1:11 PM

Debbie-do:

Another thing I've learned is that many of the manufacturers have tutorial videos on their website or you can find one on youtube if you've forgotten why you bought it in the first place.

I was going to post this info but Debbie-do beat me to it.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 25 2013 11:12 PM

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sat, May 25 2013 11:13 PM

Got a personal demo from Dixie today and she thanks all of you who emailed her and purchased a set of the templates!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, May 26 2013 8:29 AM

Debbie-do:
  Another thing I've learned is that many of the manufacturers have tutorial videos on their website or you can find one on youtube if you've forgotten why you bought it in the first place.

That would be me.  I look in my drawer and think, what is this for?  I am cautious to buy any thing now as I may already have it and have forgotten about it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, May 26 2013 1:58 PM

Marie:

EASY Half Square Triangle Tutorial

Try this link.  I plan on trying this one and will let you know how it turns out.

This link shows how to make the HST quickly and accurately ending with only one diagonal in each  HST.  And it is already sewn when you cut the HST's.  Marie, I'm definitely going to use this method.  Simple and easy!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, May 26 2013 2:01 PM

I have so many templates now and I hardly use anything but large marked square ruler and SnS.  My nephew is going to make me a couple of those ruler stands, he is doing 1st one over as grooves need to be larger.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, May 26 2013 3:23 PM

Joni, which link are you referring to?

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 367
Points 7,255
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, May 26 2013 6:37 PM

Michelle:

Joni, which link are you referring to?

Click on the red words about the Easy Half Square Triangle Tutorial....the video was great!! Thanks Joni!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, May 27 2013 10:45 AM

Michelle the one listed below! 

Joni:

Marie:

EASY Half Square Triangle Tutorial

Try this link.  I plan on trying this one and will let you know how it turns out.

This link shows how to make the HST quickly and accurately ending with only one diagonal in each  HST.  And it is already sewn when you cut the HST's.  Marie, I'm definitely going to use this method.  Simple and easy!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Mon, May 27 2013 7:01 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 3 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use