"Unsewing"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
Sewmimi44 Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:48 PM

Using a mans battery powered mustache trimmer unsews so much faster than a seam ripper, especially on those long strips. The only drawback is that everyone knows you messed up when they hear the buzzing!  I use the seam ripper for the first few stitches, gently pull apart and let the trimmer do the work. Keep pulling apart gently & just slide the trimmer along.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,918
Points 41,020
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:36 AM

I have frogged plenty but never shaved the stitches away yet. I'll keep it in mind for big jobs.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:21 AM

now all I'll need is an attachable magnifying glass and light.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:59 AM

I'm frogging, too, still, but DH has hid the mustache trimmer from me...guess I'll need to go out and buy my own.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:35 PM

There is such a thing as "The Quick Ripper" made by a company in New Mexico. I bought one at my LQS and love it! Check it out before you purchase.

Quilting Supplies.htm

I love mine. She shows in a video how it works.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, May 1 2013 7:46 AM

Oh, sure...   everyone here laughed when I posted the picture of the Wahl mustache trimmer I purchased at a quilt expo last winter.  It seems they are now all the rage!   The gals here at the quilt retreat I'm attending right now keep borrowing mine.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 1 2013 12:02 PM

MNnancy:

Oh, sure...   everyone here laughed when I posted the picture of the Wahl mustache trimmer I purchased at a quilt expo last winter.  It seems they are now all the rage!   The gals here at the quilt retreat I'm attending right now keep borrowing mine.  LOL

I remember Nancy...LOL!  It was a lot of fun giving you a hard time about that mustache trimmer...ROFLOL!  I just think it is hilarious how Wahl has managed  to "re-purpose" their left-over "out-of-fashion" mustache trimmers to the delight of thousands of quilters.

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 640

I second that!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Dixiech replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:14 AM

i have one too.i just have to be careful not to be too aggressive or I can cut a hole in my fabric

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:29 PM

Dixiech:
be careful not to be too aggressive or I can cut a hole in my fabric

Yep, I did that once when I tried to hurry.  Honestly, I don't use mine much unless I have a LOT to unsew.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use