Quilting blogs

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 290
Janet posted on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:34 PM

Looking for some new quilting blogs to read. What are your favorite blogs and why?

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,468 Posts
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:53 AM

I like Sherri K Fall "This & That" because she has mystery Mondays. Mini mystery quilts.

"Sentimental Stitches" - Midget blocks and Just Takes Two.

Bonnie Hunter. She travels a lot and shares lots of photos. She posts often so is hard to keep up with on a daily basis. She also has "quilt cam" where you can watch her and have live interaction.

"Quilting Gallery" - Lets you know what going on in blog land. Lots of giveaways (although I never enter).

Pat Sloan. She's load of fun and I like her radio show.

Moda Bake Shop - free patterns for pre-cuts. I read the Moda blog often as well.

"Red Brolly" - Bronwyn is wonderful. Lot's a hand embroidery projects if you're so inclined.

Jo's Country Junction. I like her. Found her through the bake shop.

Barbara Brackman's blogs are great for history buffs. I follow two of them.

"All About Applique" - need I say more? This is Kay Mackenzie's blog.

"Quilt Obsession" - lots of hand work and she uses Inklingo like I do. Plus she has a gorgeous cat.

"Facile Cecile" - the blog is in French but I like her work.

"The Painted Quilt" - She has a free project going right now. I like her style; stitchery with patchwork.

"One Piece at a Time" from Erin Russek. Lots of appliqué. Free BOM each year.

Gosh there are so many more. When you read one it will lead to others. Check out their reading lists.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,488 Posts
Points 47,820

Kris,

You forgot to mention your own blog, I like yours its always interesting to see what youre getting up to.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,468 Posts
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:50 AM

Thanks Frances. I hardly consider mine a blog. I'm nowhere in the league of those I listed.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
436 Posts
Points 7,025

Kris:

Thanks Frances. I hardly consider mine a blog. I'm nowhere in the league of those I listed.

Are our Blogs only for QAC member to read. I have found that on google I have run across some of our message board posts. Which I found a little disturbing. Does Anyone know the answer to this?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:35 AM

Everything you post here is open to the world...so do be careful what you post...seriously!   

I have a picture of a landscape quilt here titled " Skier on Gunn Ranch Road".  (I should mention I am an avid cross-country skier.)

I was on a ski trail last winter and was introduced to a man with my first name...Donna.  He looked at me kind of funny and asked if I was a quilter.  I said, Yes.  He says are you "DonnaB" who made that beautiful quilt of Gunn Ranch Road?  I could have fallen over!  I never would have guessed that a non-quilter (and a man, no less) would be looking at my Gunn Ranch Road quilt on the internet.

Since then I have been very aware that everything we post here is available via an internet search engine.  So, do be aware...  especially about addresses, phone #'s and email addresses.  They are better sent by private message (pm)...which is secure.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,736 Posts
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:51 PM

Frances:

Kris,

You forgot to mention your own blog, I like yours its always interesting to see what youre getting up to.

lots of love

Francesxx

Kris, What's the name of your blog? I'd love to read it as well!
Thanks,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,488 Posts
Points 47,820

Roxanna,

Just click on Kris's name and then click on her blog that will take you there.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,468 Posts
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 3:04 PM

Julienne:
Are our Blogs only for QAC member to read.

No. They are open to the www. That's why I starting added a watermark to my photos. There are sites that provides summaries of blogs around the internet and many copy your photos from time to time.

You can look to see which sites have accessed your blog. You can check to see who visited your blog and all mine are not from QCA only. I do have it set for QCA comments only.

Julienne:
I have found that on google I have run across some of our message board posts. Which I found a little disturbing. Does Anyone know the answer to this?

This is why we encourage members to not get too personal in the forums. This is available for all to see. You don't have to be a member to read only to post. I find things here using Google easier than I do using the QCA search. 

Only post what you're comfortable with everyone knowing/seeing.

Top 50 Contributor
2,664 Posts
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 4:59 PM

I'll second that .

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 290
Janet replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:42 PM

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions! I'll make note and look for them soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Fri, May 3 2013 10:37 AM

Kris:

"The Painted Quilt" - She has a free project going right now. I like her style; stitchery with patchwork.

Lots of great suggestions Kris, I was familiar with many of them but the Painted Quilt one was new to me. I WAS working on MQ8, but quickly found myself making a bunny and a carrot. Here's part of the first row, I changed some of the stitchery to applique. Thanks (I think) for sending me there, I'm so easily distracted!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,468 Posts
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Fri, May 3 2013 9:18 PM

Jacy:
Painted Quilt one was new to me. I WAS working on MQ8, but quickly found myself making a bunny and a carrot. Here's part of the first row, I changed some of the stitchery to applique. Thanks (I think) for sending me there, I'm so easily distracted!

LOL Jacy. Your row looks great. I just love it.

I've been wanting to start this one as well. But I've got so much going on and I really have to hit the books for up coming exams.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797

Jacy, you've heard the saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?  I think I'll be copying your row when I get back to working on my "cottage garden" themed row quilt that we started for Leavenworth.  Very cute!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use