Top 10 Posters

Disappointed with F & P e-magazine subscription

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie posted on Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:52 AM

A few years ago I decided to go green and renew my Fons & Porter LOQ magazine to an e magazine.  Fast forward to a few months ago, my renewal reminder ended up in my junk mail and didn't see it.  I went to log on and look for an  issue looking for a specific pattern I had bookmarked a while back only to find that I had lost all access privileges to any of the issues I had already paid for since my current subscription had lapsed ( reminder in junk mail).  I thought this must be a mistake to lock me out of 3 years of e-magazines, so I called and emailed only to be told that all access is denied once current subscription has lapsed.  Am I crazy to think how ludicrous this is to lose everything I paid for when you get free electronic access to the magazine when you order the paper one????  They spent barely any money just sending me the link to acces the e-version  while charging me full subscription price!!! 

How crazy is that???

Your thoughts appreciated.

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,562 Posts
Points 139,613

I don't think you're crazy Annie. I think once you've paid for those mag's they should be yours permanently just as if you'd purchased the hard copy. Every other e-mag and book I've purchased is on my computer in my adobe reader library. I don't know why these should be any different.  I don't know if these were available to save the copy or not, maybe someone else can answer that.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:18 AM

Stephanie,

I never thought that I had to copy the magazines on to my computer, but that's what their customer service rep said to me, "too bad I never saved them"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,877 Posts
Points 32,585
Roxana replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:20 AM

I don't think you are crazy either. I tried the app for my iPad but it doesn't include access to the bonus material on the internet. I agree. They get the benefit of printing less and we are stuck without the access. 

When I had an e-magazine for Quilter's World on my computer, I would download the magazine so I could access it later. You might see if that's an option next time you subscribe to an electronic version. I know I will!

If you are crazy, I am too!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,245 Posts
Points 25,210

No you are not crazy!!!!  I will not subscribe to this mag, what a rip off

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
128 Posts
Points 2,270
Sherry replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:38 AM

i think their quality has gone down hill. when my subscrition ends, i will not renew. like mccall's quilting and never have problems (so far).

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 7:11 PM

I think I'll try Mccalls next

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
726 Posts
Points 14,145

I subscribe to a few quilt magazines, print version, but my favorite is Quiltmaker. They have a digital subscription available.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

I love Quiltmaker  magazine, it is my favorite of all of them, they always have great quilts and wonderful  instructions.  I will stay, with this one. Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
1,514 Posts
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 6:31 AM

I don't think I would ever get e-subscriptions.  Too  much can and does go wrong, as you have found out.  If I pay for it, I want it in my hand.  

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
1,368 Posts
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:03 AM

Sherry:
like mccall's quilting

Of all my quilting magazines, McCalls is my favorite.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
461 Posts
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:13 AM

Sheri A.:

Sherry:
like mccall's quilting

Of all my quilting magazines, McCalls is my favorite.  

Hi, I got a copy of F&P off the news stand at the book store and did not care for it, so I did not get a subscription to it. I have found McCalls to be a great one to subscribe to as well.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:25 AM

Love McCalls and Quiltmaker.  I do like the Easy Quilts Magazine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,782 Posts
Points 122,490

I do like the F&P magazine and look forward to getting it. But I just checked out McCalls and subscribed to their digital issue. I love this. I set up a folder on my desktop and will save the link to each months issue. It lets you print or save patterns and the pull out pattern section. I already found a pattern I like and saved that to my May folder within the McCalls folder.

How fun, thanks for the suggestion for McCalls.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,218 Posts
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 12:17 PM

Mc calls is my favorite, too. I gave up on F& P long ago. Susan

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use