Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain Posted: Fri, Apr 26 2013 8:18 PM

Hi everyone, So my memory is about as long as my pinky finger. Every time I have my quilt laid out just right on my design wall, I totally forget where I originally put them. What I figured out was to take a picture of the sections I'm working on. I can then chain sew the pieces and then put them in the correct place on my design wall. Sometimes I can take a picture of the entire quilt after I have laid it out. I will usually take a picture of the blocks in the steps I am sewing them. This idea has worked very, very well to job my memory that does not exist. I hope this helps some of you.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Melissa, this is a good idea and I have used it for the same reason.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 12:59 AM

I also take pictures as I go, especially since I do not have a design wall, but certainly would like one, if I just had a wall to put one on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 4:45 AM

Karla , go to the dollar store and get one of those cheap table cloths ,the plastic ones , the back of them make a good design wall .I used one for a couple of years until I got a design wall on sale .. they have a felt like back or something but the fabric sticks to it just fine.    

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:56 PM

Barbara, I've got one of the table cloths...my problem is that I don't have a wall to put it on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:30 AM

Karla ,how well I understand that one, I just had to take stuff down and make room, for it . good luck on you doing the same.  LOl 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:25 AM

Well, we downsized when we moved to Nevada, so in order to have a wall big enough to hang anything I've got to either get rid of the china cabinet or take out the wood burning stove...maybe give up my Grandmother's antique pump organ.  I guess I can hang one up in the front bathroom, but that wouldn't give me room enough to stand back and look at it.  I've got it, I'll throw out the entertainment center and the TV, that would solve two problems at once...get DH out of the house and give me a design wall, LOL.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Thu, May 23 2013 3:15 PM

I hang my tablecloth over the closet doors!

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:32 PM

LaDonna:
I hang my tablecloth over the closet doors!

Now that's good thinking!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:11 AM

I have button holes in my flannel sheet and they go on the hooks I've put above the closet doors.  So I can move it when I want to, including bring it to retreat.   I try to only put things I don't want to get to often in that closet.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

What great ideas! I have a brick wall in my family room and I was wondering how I was going to put up a design wall.  I'm going to hang it from hooks and put. Ties on it so I can just roll it up when not in use. That way I don't have to worry about taking it down. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use