Top 10 Posters

chevron baby quilt

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 545
cl_ranger@hughes.net posted on Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:38 PM

I hope someone can help me? My Grandaughter wants a chevron quilt for her baby due in August. I can't find a pattern on line. Does anyone know where I can get one? She wants it in black and white with pink elephants on it. I think she's going to get pink and white with pink elephant fabric in it. But I need a pattern first.

Thanks everyone.

Cordie

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,642 Posts
Points 61,860
Answered (Not Verified) Jacy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:01 PM
Suggested by Jacy

Here's a tutorial from Missouri star quilt company. This is made with 10" squares, for a baby quilt you would use a smaller size like 5" squares.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUNGH9B0Ohw

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

Moda Bake shop, www.modabakeshop.com has several.  go to there website, click on recipes and then down to quilts.  You may have to page through several pages to find the one you like as there as several.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,098 Posts
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:45 PM

Check out this blog for a method using strips. http://beesquarefabrics.blogspot.ca/2009/03/how-to-make-zig-zag-quilt-without.html

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 545

Thanks Jacy.

How much fabric do you think I should buy for each color? Told her I would put one strip of black in for her but the rest was going to be pink and white. HaHa.

It really looks easy enough to make. Will be waiting for your answer and again I knew I would get help from here. You ladies are the best.

Cordie 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,642 Posts
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:07 PM

cl_ranger@hughes.net:
How much fabric do you think I should buy for each color?

Well thats going to depend how big you want to make it. 

About 1 yard each of pink and white would give you  enough 5" squares to make a layout of 10x10 which would be about 40X40" (hope my math calculations are correct)

You could buy a yard of a black, white and pink print to add a border and get her black in there and make it a little bigger.

Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 545

Thanks so much Jacy.Have to go shopping next week. We live in the boonies and it's a long drive to the quilt shops. She wants pink elephant fabric so I will call before going shopping. They might be able to order it for me. they are good at that.Can't wait to get started.

Thanks again,

Cordie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,119 Posts
Points 110,615

cl_ranger@hughes.net:
She wants pink elephant fabric so I will call before going shopping.

Cordie, have you tried online for the fabric? I just Googled Pink Elephant Fabric and some beautiful choices came up.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,119 Posts
Points 110,615

Judy T-Bellingham:

cl_ranger@hughes.net:
She wants pink elephant fabric so I will call before going shopping.

Cordie, have you tried online for the fabric? I just Googled Pink Elephant Fabric and some beautiful choices came up.

Oh my goodness. Now that I'm looking I've found the cutest fabric and may have to break my vow about only using from my stash. Fabric.com has it and some gorgeous coordinating fabric.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,119 Posts
Points 110,615

Judy T-Bellingham:

Oh my goodness. Now that I'm looking I've found the cutest fabric and may have to break my vow about only using from my stash. Fabric.com has it and some gorgeous coordinating fabric.

Oops, this may not be appropriate if your daughter is underage! I just noticed the elephants are engaged in some hard drinking.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 545

Hello Judy,

This quilt is for my soon to be Great Granddaughter. My Granddaughter is due in August. Hope she has in on my birthday. Someone to hand down all of my birthstones to. Now if I was making it for myself,perfect fabric. They are having a good time. But blue is my color.

Thanks

Cordie

Not Ranked
Female
30 Posts
Points 545

Hello everyone,

I found the fabric. it's from the Michael Miller fabric line. Little Elephant. It's perfect. Thank you to all who have helped me. Now the fun starts making the quilt. I will post a photo when it's done.

Thanks again

Cordie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,057 Posts
Points 170,727

Judy T-Bellingham:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Oops, this may not be appropriate if your daughter is underage! I just noticed the elephants are engaged in some hard drinking.

Judy, you're so funny!  I guess you've never had so much to drink that you were seeing "pink elephants!"  These definitely fit that category!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,119 Posts
Points 110,615

MNnancy:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Judy, you're so funny!  I guess you've never had so much to drink that you were seeing "pink elephants!"  These definitely fit that category!

Uhmmmm, well Nancy, not for a whole lotta years, waaay back when I was single. Now about all my system will tolerate is one little sip of wine.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use