Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea Posted: Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:21 PM

Hi all!  If you have signed up for the program - please go to the group and fill out the questionaire and send it to my email - I am going to draw the pairings at the end of May and send out names 1st of June.  The group has gone Private and if you are a member and want to stay a member even though not participating in the SSP you have to let me know 1) you are a lurker and want to stay involved or start participating.  At the end of May all those who have not introduced themselves in the Introduction thread will be deleted from membership.  We want the group to be total participation and we need all members to do that.  

If you want to join in the SSP, you can until May 29 as on the 30th I will be drawing out the names.  Thank you!  May the Christmas spirit always be in your heart!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:39 PM

Count me in again this year, Thea.  It will be great to be able to start early!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:43 PM

Thea, I can't find the group...is it the Christmas All Year Long group?  If so, I applied to that one and wish to be a participant.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 2:10 PM

Karla,

Yes thats the one.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,125
Susie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 2:48 PM

Thea--please count me in as well!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:28 PM

What is it? I might like to join. Thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:39 PM

Hi Thea

Went to groups and could not find Secret Santa.  I definitely wish to be included, many thanks

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 8:50 PM

Joni, Its under Christmas All Year Long                  Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:18 PM

Zoetc49,

Because i dont describe it as well as Thea, does i have copied an answer that she had previously put for someone else, hope this helps.

We have a program that we do called Secret Santa - the last couple of years we have started it around the end of September and you have a couple months to get some things together for a person that does not know you - or may know you but your name is a secret... then the first week of December we send our packages to the person for their Christmas gift.

Most of the items are selected with that individual in mind... some to do with quilting but not all... well I had an idea that this year we could have this group and we could work on small projects all year long that could but don't have to go into the package to be sent out. I am trying to find projects that could be used for family and friends too... like the January project which is a pillowcase and February is a pot holder(instructions to come).

There is no price limit on what your package is full of we ask that it at least be a minimum of the cost of 2 1/2 yards of fabric. We don't want anyone to feel as though we are breaking their piggy banks for this - it is supposed to be fun and something to look forward to.

We do ask that those with pets - like me - keep their pet dander away from the items as some are allergic to pets - and also that those who smoke keep their smoke away from the package. We don't want to set anyone's allergies off... and this helps each of us.

That is about it... I will be posting our questionaire shortly over in pages where I am making a list of all those who are going to participate. I take everyones name and assign a # to it - then I make up little pieces of paper with those #s on them and I have 2 bowls - one bowl for the SS and one bowl for the recipient - this way I try to be totally fair - I want to be totally fair.

We do have people from all over the world so although I put all the names in the same bowl if it happens that the name drawn ends up with someone who does not feel that they can afford to send something to a quilting sister / brother across the pond then I draw a new number for that person. Those who do not want to send over the pond tell me via PM so that it is a private issue. It worked out quite well this year - the Lord saw fit that I didn't have to redraw any #s - they fell just right. Some of our members also want to be the one that sends over seas and recieve from overseas to get something from another country.

Our quilting sisters this past year from across the pond were very excited and happy to be included and found out that us Americans are very wonderful and generous people. I got many happy replies from them... so it was fun.

Some of our members this year wanted to know who their person was all year long - so that they could "spy" and get to know their person and have lots of time to make or buy something special - so I am putting together a list and those members will find out early who their person is...

If that made any sense and I hope it did.

It is lots of fun and this last year was really exciting - every person that signed up to be a SS did just that - it was awesome - you can go back to the main site and see threads that were written and the wonderful pictures of presents that each recipient rec'd.

Hope this helps.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 9:58 AM

Frances:

Zoetc49,

Because i dont describe it as well as Thea, does i have copied an answer that she had previously put for someone else, hope this helps.

We have a program that we do called Secret Santa - the last couple of years we have started it around the end of September and you have a couple months to get some things together for a person that does not know you - or may know you but your name is a secret... then the first week of December we send our packages to the person for their Christmas gift.

Most of the items are selected with that individual in mind... some to do with quilting but not all... well I had an idea that this year we could have this group and we could work on small projects all year long that could but don't have to go into the package to be sent out. I am trying to find projects that could be used for family and friends too... like the January project which is a pillowcase and February is a pot holder(instructions to come).

There is no price limit on what your package is full of we ask that it at least be a minimum of the cost of 2 1/2 yards of fabric. We don't want anyone to feel as though we are breaking their piggy banks for this - it is supposed to be fun and something to look forward to.

We do ask that those with pets - like me - keep their pet dander away from the items as some are allergic to pets - and also that those who smoke keep their smoke away from the package. We don't want to set anyone's allergies off... and this helps each of us.

That is about it... I will be posting our questionaire shortly over in pages where I am making a list of all those who are going to participate. I take everyones name and assign a # to it - then I make up little pieces of paper with those #s on them and I have 2 bowls - one bowl for the SS and one bowl for the recipient - this way I try to be totally fair - I want to be totally fair.

We do have people from all over the world so although I put all the names in the same bowl if it happens that the name drawn ends up with someone who does not feel that they can afford to send something to a quilting sister / brother across the pond then I draw a new number for that person. Those who do not want to send over the pond tell me via PM so that it is a private issue. It worked out quite well this year - the Lord saw fit that I didn't have to redraw any #s - they fell just right. Some of our members also want to be the one that sends over seas and recieve from overseas to get something from another country.

Our quilting sisters this past year from across the pond were very excited and happy to be included and found out that us Americans are very wonderful and generous people. I got many happy replies from them... so it was fun.

Some of our members this year wanted to know who their person was all year long - so that they could "spy" and get to know their person and have lots of time to make or buy something special - so I am putting together a list and those members will find out early who their person is...

If that made any sense and I hope it did.

It is lots of fun and this last year was really exciting - every person that signed up to be a SS did just that - it was awesome - you can go back to the main site and see threads that were written and the wonderful pictures of presents that each recipient rec'd.

Hope this helps.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances, I would love to be part of this group, how do I join?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:11 PM

Thank you Frances,

I would also love to join up.  That would be fun !! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:44 PM

Thea:

Hi all!  If you have signed up for the program - please go to the group and fill out the questionaire and send it to my email - I am going to draw the pairings at the end of May and send out names 1st of June.  The group has gone Private and if you are a member and want to stay a member even though not participating in the SSP you have to let me know 1) you are a lurker and want to stay involved or start participating.  At the end of May all those who have not introduced themselves in the Introduction thread will be deleted from membership.  We want the group to be total participation and we need all members to do that.  

If you want to join in the SSP, you can until May 29 as on the 30th I will be drawing out the names.  Thank you!  May the Christmas spirit always be in your heart!

Went there it told me I did not belong...more or less kicked me out!  NOT FAIR, not at all FAIR!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:40 PM

I was denied access to join. I was part of the secret santa program last year.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:23 PM

Joni and all that try to access the Christmas All Year Long Group - it is a private group and you are welcome to join - I approved your membership a little while ago - we are keeping it to those who request just to lurk and those who participate... we really want everyone in the group to participate - It is Fair to those that are members - which you are...teehee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,660
Carmel replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:27 AM

Thea:

I tried to join and I was also denied.  I would like to join.

Macungie, PA

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use