Sewing chair shopping

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
293 Posts
Points 4,535
Mary789 posted on Fri, Apr 26 2013 6:31 AM

I am really interested in buying a new sewing chair.  I would appreciate any recommendations that you all have tried or heard of that are good for support of lower back and comfort.  Have you all seen or tested any at the quilt shows? 

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:14 AM

Look for a good quality ergonomic office "task" chair.  They have a lot of adjustments to fit your body shape and size.  They usually come with arms, but the arms can be easily removed.  

I don't like arms on my sewing or office chairs (they get in my way) so they come off right away and are tossed.  Wish they would make the chairs without the arms for a little less money!  But realistically, that isn't going to happen.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,406 Posts
Points 19,540

I would not get a regulation "sewing chair". I was lucky enough to get an office chair from the company I was working for for $6. It was made to be comfortable art a desk all day. I would not give it up for anything in the world. I think you will find them much more comfortable than any "sewing chair". You might garage sales.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Points 580

I bought a medical stool, it can go higher then a regular stool and it swirls around nicely.  It's perfect for me

Not Ranked
29 Posts
Points 580

I bought a medical stool, it can go higher then a regular stool and it swirls around nicely.  It's perfect for me

Not Ranked
Male
2 Posts
Points 25

Mary:

I'd be grateful if you'd take a look at the sewing chair. I make. Each one is custom made for the person ordering with exactly the right seat height and seat length, headrest height, arms (if you choose them) and other features. Perhaps the best feature is the lumbar support and comfort of my sewing chairs which I've spent years developing. I use seven rotating, flexible back braces that adjust to your back every time you sit down. You can see all my chairs at www.parkerconverse.com.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:02 AM

Parker, this indeed looks like a very comfortable chair.    However, for sewing at a machine, I need one that does not rock, but swivels. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:09 AM

Parker.  I went to your website and your chairs are truly the most beautiful I have ever seen.  Worthy of being called art.   However, the price is extreme.  $3700 for a chair, and if you want arms, over a $1000 more?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use