Hello from San Francisco

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580
quiltcraze Posted: Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:44 AM

My name is Margaret, I just joined this group two days ago, and wow their is a lot of stuff to take in.  I don't even know where to begin.

I"m a self taught person in all my crafts.  I've been quilting for a little over a year and I must say I've become quite addictive to it.  I love it!  I am a Registerd Veterinary Technician, although now I just fill in for people at the clinic I work at now because my husband and I take care of his mother.  I love to do stained glass, I specialize in pet portraits, I crochet at night while I watch tv, and I love to do beading.  I felt that stained glass was kind of similar to quilting, cutting shapes, piecing them together like a puzzle, using color and shapes to create a scene or design.  So my second project I did was a quilted pet portrait.  It turned out beautifully.

I've become very into free motion quilting.  Right now I'm working on a seascape (colaborated with my mother, were making a bedrunner for my sister for her birthday), with applaqued tree and rocks, and adding all the FMQ for pebbles, sky, sand, water, etc.  It coming together quite well to my surprise.  

I look forward to seeing everyones activities, ideas, tips, etc.  

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:32 PM

Welcome!  As you can see there is a lot of things to get involved in.  This is a wonderful place w/wonderful people to help w/any questions you may have!  Enjoy!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:55 PM

Welcome Margaret, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

Welcome Margaret.  We would all love to see your work.  You sound very talented. 

Robin-Snohomish,WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 1:50 PM

Welcome Margaret!  So glad you found us here.  It sounds like you have a natural gift to be so accomplished in just a year. That's great!  I hope CC from Montana checks in to this thread - the two of you have some of the same interests - beyond quilting that is!  Where do you live?

- - - - -
Edit - never mind - I see San Francisco jumping out from the subject heading now!  LOL 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome Margaret. I live in northern California also. Georgetown. I look forward to seeing pictures of your projects.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:10 PM

Margaret,welcome to the club, so happy you found us, yes ,we have lots of stuff going on if you have not found the gorups yet ,check them out ,we do all kinds of great things over there.  sounds like you will be enjoying your time here with us, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:36 PM

Hi Margaret, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580

Ok this may be a stupid question, but how do you post pictures? Am I missing something?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:40 PM

Hi Margaret, welcome to the group.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:22 PM

Welcome Margaret.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:59 AM

Margaret, when you hit the reply button ,up at the top in the tool bar you will see a little film strip , click on this and it will bring up a browers button ,click on this and it will take you to where ever you keep your picutres, pick the one you want and it will put the file in the browers box, once this is done ,click on insert and this will put your picture in your relpy, then all you have to do is hit the post button,  be patient with it sometimes its alittle slow downloading .. Hope this helped. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580

Here are two examples of my stained glass pet portraits and my quilt portrait for those that were interested

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:17 PM

Such beautiful work, quiltcraze.  I've always wanted to try stained glass, but my DH thinks I have too many hobbies keeping me away from house and yard work.  One of these days, though, if I find a studio near me that teaches.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:23 PM

Karla, I think these are made out of fabric.  Am I right Quiltcraze?  They are absolutely breathtaking!  Would you be willing to do a tutorial on QCA?  I for one would love to learn your method.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use