Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna Posted: Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:52 PM
Praise the Lord, Spring has arrived! This has been the 1st week that it hasn't rained at all. I know some of you are still experiencing snow, rain and flooding and you're in my thoughts and prayers. The wintry weather has pounded parts of the country relentlessly and my hearts goes out to those of you being affected by Mother Nature. DH has started planting produce in our greenhouse. I'm trying to convince him that a canning station outside the kitchen under a covered porch would be a Godsend. The pressure canners are just too large to be used efficiently on the kitchen stove. Last year I made jams but we gave away or donated much of what we grew. I'm doing minor projects in the kitchen and sewing /computer room. More storage is a must have. I'm making a curtain for the big picture window in the living room over DH's objections. He doesn't want any window coverings anywhere and I want to be able to sit in my chair in the afternoon without having to jockey a lampshade around to keep the sun out of my face if I'm reading or watching TV. I've been typing and taking a break to give my back a rest but it's time to get back to work. I haven't been to this site in over 2 months and it's good to be back. Wishing you all quilty days. Hugs, Donna in Oregon.
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 434
Points 6,955
Mz M replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:57 PM

You are blessed to have spring in Oregon! Here in MN we are still getting snow, rain and flooding. Not that we haven't dealt with this before but this time of year? Just wrong. I'm flying to San Diego next week - had enough of this!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear that, Mz M.   Here in the Brainerd Lakes area we had sunshine and comfortable mid-40's.  About one third of the yard is showing through the snow now.  I'm crossing my fingers that we've seen our last snowfall and that the warm up will happen quickly.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

It's been beautiful this week in Washington State.  Actually hit 70.  Really nice to not have the rain. The flowers are blooming and lawns are being mowed finally.  A few more days and we were going to have to bail it.

Robin-Snohomish, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:54 PM

I think spring will get here next week. I'll finally start to feel comfortable again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,424
Points 72,050
Karla replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:13 PM

We have hit 80 degrees today...it feels so good.  All of the flowers are blooming, the lilacs smell heavenly.  I'm just hoping that it doesn't jump right into the 90's and 100's.    I would like to have a couple of months without a high electricity bill...no heat and no a/c, just wonderfully open windows.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use