Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310
Brigit-Carol Posted: Tue, Apr 23 2013 11:16 AM

When will the three posts I submitted on Sunday be out of moderation?  It's frustrating to spend time replying to someone or making a post only to discover for some reason NEVER EXPLAINED it has been flagged for moderation.  Please release my posts or at least tell me why they were flagged.  Thank you.

AND WOULD YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO SPEED UP THE SITE?  IT'S GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:49 PM

Brigit,

what you're experiencing is one of QCA's delightful errors. You need to go back and try posting again. Those posts, as far as I can tell, never show up.

No one is moderating your posts.

I've been hit with these errors at random all over the site. Sometimes I go back and try again (I change my wording since I then get a "duplicate message" error). Other times I give up and move on (usually away from the site).

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:17 PM

I have yet to experience the "moderation" thing.  Guess I am lucky.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:52 PM

Yes Patti, you are. Many people have been put off by these posts.

It looks like this:

"POST PENDING MODERATION

You have posted to a forum that requires a moderator to approve posts before they are publicly available.

If the administrator has configured this forum to support email notifications you will receive an email when your post is either approved or denied (if you have emails enabled in your profile)."

Sometimes it seems to happen more when including links or photos. Other times it's totally random. The errors have become some frequent I no longer report when I get them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 11:57 PM

I agree with Kris.  I get those messages most often when I am including web links in my reply.  If you get the message, your post is lost forever.  You'll need to reword and resubmit.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:13 AM

I to get them from time to time, i just wait a few minutes and rewrite , The only problems I'm really having is many of my post never show up in the  show and Tell , or when I respond to a blog,  those just get lost in cyberspace..i have stopped complaining to ADM as this is a server problem  and ADM, can't do any thing but let  the server co know .they are just s frustrated as we are.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 7:54 AM

Barbara:

I to get them from time to time, i just wait a few minutes and rewrite , The only problems I'm really having is many of my post never show up in the  show and Tell , or when I respond to a blog,  those just get lost in cyberspace..i have stopped complaining to ADM as this is a server problem  and ADM, can't do any thing but let  the server co know .they are just s frustrated as we are.  Barbara

I had that happen to me for the first time yesterday. I waited a minute and reposted word for word the same post and it went just fine. I think the site just hiccups every now and then and that is the error code it throws out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:11 PM

What happens to Barbara is what happens to me but very infrequently.  I also agree it's the server.  BUT, BUT if QCA gets tons of complaints, it's up to them to get a better server.  They need to do their research first!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:38 PM

Amen Marie.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:52 PM

I have learned to include no more than one URL link in a post otherwise bu-bye.  Sometimes 2 will go through but no more than that.  When I remember, especially if it's a long post, I'll copy what I've typed before posting just in case it doesn't go through.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 5:07 AM

Great idea Debbie ,I'll have to remember that one. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 6:19 AM

I always get "Your request cannot be processed at this time." and I'm kicked off the site. I get that frequently regardless if I'm posting a photo or just making a statement like now.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

If indeed the posts just disappear and are not in moderation, then the message needs to be changed to something like:  "Oops there was a glitch posting your message, please re-submit".  A message that tells the poster the post is in moderation mean that the post is in moderation and will either be posted later or the poster will be contacted as to why it is being refused.  I'm on several different boards and none of them have the problems this one has or the poor admin support.  Which is why you may have noticed I'm not posting very often these days -- it's just easier to go elsewhere.  But I don't want to completely abandon this site as I'm involved in the Mailbox Surprises and State swap. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 8:08 PM

Debbie-do:
I have learned to include no more than one URL link in a post otherwise bu-bye.  Sometimes 2 will go through but no more than that.  When I remember, especially if it's a long post, I'll copy what I've typed before posting just in case it doesn't go through.

Nice work around. I do it myself. But should we really have to?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use