Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845
Robin Martin Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:48 PM

Hello, My name is Robin Martin and I live in Washington State.  I have been quilting for about 10 years and usually just stitch in the ditch.  I am just learning how to FMQ and also have a Viking Ruby that I hope will help me to stipple my quilts.  Still learning to use the Ruby.  Hoping to get some good advice and friendship from fellow quilters.

Robin Martin

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 7:52 AM

Hi Robin, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:55 AM

Welcome Robin!   If it's advice and friendship you seek you've come to the right place.  Ask away and tell us a little bit about yourself and friendship will come.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:01 AM

Welcome Robin. This is a great place to be!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:03 PM

Roblynn:

Hello, My name is Robin Martin and I live in Washington State.  I have been quilting for about 10 years and usually just stitch in the ditch.  I am just learning how to FMQ and also have a Viking Ruby that I hope will help me to stipple my quilts.  Still learning to use the Ruby.  Hoping to get some good advice and friendship from fellow quilters.

Robin Martin

Hi Robin, and welcome again to QCA from a fellow Washingtonian.  (I don't say that very often because I am originally from Oregon...lol!)  There are at least 6 of us from Washington that are quite active on QCA.  In fact, the last two years we have had a QCA Retreat in Leavenworth in the fall...with QCA members coming from all over the USA.  It has been absolutely wonderful to meet in person many of the great ladies that we have learned to know and love from this site.  This coming fall, we will be having the west-coast retreat on the Oregon Coast just south of Lincoln City, OR.  If you are interested, go to the Groups link at the top of the page, scroll down to the QCA Retreats link, then look for "2013 Oregon Coast....".  (Groups works a little different that the regular threads, so you may be prompted to join the group...just follow the prompt and you will be a-ok...it just allows you to look at that group.)  The retreat is full right now, but if you are interested be sure to post a comment there and ask to be added to the wait-list.  It is still 6 months away, and life happens so there is always the possibility you might be able to attend...or at least drop in for a visit.

Let us know if you need help with the site or anything, there is always someone willing to lend a hand here.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:14 PM

Hi Roblynn,  I am one of the other Washingtonians.   Grew up on the west side, but have lived in Eastern WA now for many, many years. 

I live near Omak, WA.   (Actually out of Malott, but most people have never heard of Malott)  Not too far from Donna.

So where are you located?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:54 PM

Hi Robin!  I am not a Washingtononian, but I enjoy visiting your state!  Good luck with your FMQ.  Stippling is a good place to start!  How much throat space do you have with your Ruby?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,044
gini replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:56 PM

Hi robin, I was a Washingtonian for 20 years, we are now back home in Idaho.  Welcome to QCA

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 71
Points 1,010

Hi Robin  I'm new to this QCA also. I've been quilting also for about 10 tens now. I do lap quilts, regular size quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts. Just about anything. I have a Viking Platinum sewing machine and really like it. I do stipple most of my own quilts. I have only had one professionally done. I'm from Minnesota and our cold winter does not want to leave us this year! Just giving me more time to quilt. When the weather gets nice I seem to want to be out working in my flower beds. I work full time so I have to really find the time to quilt.  Hope this site can help both of us with advise and things. Just wanted to say hello and welcome too.

HD Lady/Patty 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 10:48 AM

Robin ,welcome to the club, we have lots of members out your way , Hope you will enjoy your time with us . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:48 PM

Welcome Robin.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 996
Points 15,115
weezee56 replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 12:39 AM

Hello Robin, I'm not from WA, I'm from Mighigan. Welcome to the club.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 1:21 AM

Welcome, Robin, I'm sure you will enjoy this group.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:30 PM

Patti:

Hi Roblynn,  I am one of the other Washingtonians.   Grew up on the west side, but have lived in Eastern WA now for many, many years. 

I live near Omak, WA.   (Actually out of Malott, but most people have never heard of Malott)  Not too far from Donna.

So where are you located?

Hi Robin, I see you have updated your home page and now we can see that you are from Snohomish, Washington.  Yeah!!!  Not too far from any of us QCA Washington quilters!  Actually, pretty centrally located!

Now, we all are a very curious group and would like to see more about your quilts...in other words, we LOVE pictures of quilts, flowers, fur-babies, snow, sunsets, your quilting room, but especially your quilting projects.  Let us know what your favorite type of quilting is, what type of machine you are using, and anything else "quilty" (or not) you would like to share with us...lol !

Oh, I just noticed your bio...  So you are looking for DIL's huh - can't help you out there...I have 3 sons.  The oldest just got married last fall at 49, so mine have been slow too, #2 son is also still single at 46.  If you find out a good remedy, please let me know!!!  (#3 is the only normal one and married in his early 20's.) 

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 5:08 PM

Hi Robin -  I am another of the Washingtonians but can claim being born in Tacoma but only lived there for 5 years .  It used to be that I would say I lived longer in Oregon and Nevada than I did in Washington but that has changed and Washington claims the majority of my time being as I moved back here in 1968.

I live on the East side, the same as Donna B and Patti.  I am sure you will enjoy your time on the site and make lots of new quilting buddies.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use